Closed Thread

Thread: Leveling and PVE builds with macros?

Soulwalker

Default Leveling and PVE builds with macros?

hi there.
    so I've not played Rift for (almost) 2 years now and recently came back after getting Storm Legion. I have a level 50 rogue and I'm assuming that all the old builds are almost obsolete now.

I was wondering what the new builds were, particularly for leveling (solo) and DPS for dungeons? I made a Ranger/Marksman build but my problem is there are so many abilities and I'm not sure what is optimal for DPS.

macros are extremely helpful.

also I'm not sure how viable rogues are at tanking at this stage, but if there's a good build/macros for that then I wouldn't mind tanking dungeons either. however I'm not sure if my gear from years ago is even decent anymore.

thanks!

Check Granpa's guide for an easy-to-play leveling build.

Check my signature for a tanking guide and a Marksman guide.

As far as PvE DPS specs go, Marksman is the generalist-- it's not quite the best for some situations, but it's almost the best for pretty much everything, which means that you can use it on any fight and do pretty well. Some other useful builds include NB/Sin, 61 Assassin, Tact/Marksman, and 61 Ranger. They tend to be more specialized for various situations-- for instance, 61 Assassin does the highest single-target DPS out of any rogue spec, but doesn't have any AoE.

Also, for future reference, threads like this should go in Rogue Discussion. The Rogue Guides forum is for guides, not questions.
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-07-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Soulwalker

cheers, thank you.
    and sorry, I believe I was browsing both sections and misplaced my thread.

Closed Thread