+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Niche builds with the new role slots

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Niche builds with the new role slots

We get new role slots which means we will be able to carry whatever specs we feel are useful, even if those specs are very niche. It might mean you use it max 5 minutes a week just for one boss and it was in no way worth a full role slot before but with more slots you might carry it. What I'm thinking of is something like 40 RS, 36 Bard for tanking experts while buffing/debuffing, or double (maybe even tripple) interrupt specs. 61 tact just to be able to get combo points out of combat without dueling. Maybe a ranged spec with lethal poison. Double stun BD/Sin. Or something completely different.

Do you think you'll carry any such specs and if so what kind? I think the biggest impact will be on pvp spec variance since people will have room for actual pvp specs.

Rift Master

Haven't dropped on the PTS to see how expensive they'll be myself yet, but I'll just be happy enough to get enough role slots to get all the generally useful specs:
    Solo
    61 bard
    61 RS
    61 MM
    61 Rng
    61 Sin
    NB/Sin
    61 BD (would love to finally have time to get this rotation down)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    Haven't dropped on the PTS to see how expensive they'll be myself yet, but I'll just be happy enough to get enough role slots to get all the generally useful specs:
    Solo
    61 bard
    61 RS
    61 MM
    61 Rng
    61 Sin
    NB/Sin
    61 BD (would love to finally have time to get this rotation down)
    Thats my list too. But now that Caldorian mentions it 61tact just for build combo points would be nice too. Currently im running without the BD, Rng and a solo spec. Will be nice to have the extra slots to play with BD and Ranger more to see how they are.

As for pure pvp specs. Well i have a feeling i would be moving out of free/bought with free credits area so i more likely won't buy them. But it would be nice to have them.
    Last edited by sancin; 06-07-2013 at 08:13 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by sancin View Post
    Thats my list too. But now that Caldorian mentions it 61tact just for build combo points would be nice too. Currently im running without the BD, Rng and a solo spec. Will be nice to have the extra slots to play with BD and Ranger more to see how they are.

As for pure pvp specs. Well i have a feeling i would be moving out of free/bought with free credits area so i more likely won't buy them. But it would be nice to have them.
    My solo spec is a 61 tact right now, why I forgot to put it on the list.

Ascendant

I'll be carrying...

61RS
    61SIN
    61NB
    61BARD
    tactbard
    61tact
    61bd
    nb-sin
    61rng

Altho i may or may not have a spec in there, I would love to be carrying BD for fun/dungeons/overgeared raids. I really enjoy BD as a spec. 61NB is also very fun for me.
    \

Plane Touched

I like 61nb i just don't see a reason to carry it if i'm carrying nb/sin and 61bd. I can't see it doing better then using either of those builds instead. If its dps was brought up it would be a nice non-dance alternitive to bd when we are not able to have the back of the mob.
    Last edited by sancin; 06-07-2013 at 12:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread