+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Muspel

Thread: Run & Gun PvE playstyle

Telaran

Default Run & Gun PvE playstyle

Hey guys, ive been away for awhile and have decided to come back. Ive decided to start from scratch. Can someone recommend a good run and gun build for PvE (mostly IAs and dungeons atm). Im looking at sab with silent setup vs marks (which ive never tried) and Ive never looked at tactician. To rap it up. Run & gun style with priority on survival and little downtime, Dps isnt as important to me at this time. Also if there is a better class for this ie mage, then please mention it. I know im in a rogue forum, but im really asking for the playstyle. Thanks, Peace

If it's mobility you are after then Marksman has it in spades. Tactician has a more sedentary playstyle due to how torrents work. Sab can also work on the move but its damage on single target encounters is low.

Marksman will work on any fight in the game, though handling packs of mobs solo requires some effort. I was doing my dailies last night and I stayed in Marksman for them. For single target kills it's probably faster than any build because at 35m you can start your rotation, drop Barbed Shot in there (for mobile mobs) and by the time it gets to you it has taken a lot of punishment.

There are also Marksman-based pvp specs out there but I will defer to someone more knowledgeable on them than I to offer advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    There are also Marksman-based pvp specs out there but I will defer to someone more knowledgeable on them than I to offer advice.
    Here is a comprehensive guide to Marksman PvP.

haha nice.
    Last edited by Zazen; 06-04-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by mohawks View Post
    Hey guys, ive been away for awhile and have decided to come back. Ive decided to start from scratch. Can someone recommend a good run and gun build for PvE (mostly IAs and dungeons atm). Im looking at sab with silent setup vs marks (which ive never tried) and Ive never looked at tactician. To rap it up. Run & gun style with priority on survival and little downtime, Dps isnt as important to me at this time. Also if there is a better class for this ie mage, then please mention it. I know im in a rogue forum, but im really asking for the playstyle. Thanks, Peace
    It depends on your role in the group. If you are adding white damage (ie just a lot of damage but not really sustained dps) then Sab is probably the way to go with a sprinkling of riftstalker and marksman for mobility and survivability. This is actually what I use in pvp.

If you are going for sustained dps however than marksman is far better. I personally feel Sab is more fun cause of its burst potential and the general enjoyment of just blowing something to hell. But the primary difference is that sab is an AOE spect through and through and marks is DPS focused with decent AOE (sab is better in terms of AOE). But Sab simply can't compete with marks when it comes to a single target.

In both cases Rift Stalker is gonna be your secondary soul because it adds survivability AND mobility. 3rd soul for marksman would be tactician for the self healing. For sab you need to choose between tact for self healing or marks for mobility.

haha nice.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8MO7fkZc5o
    Last edited by Khelendross; 06-05-2013 at 06:01 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Telaran

Thanks everyone, food for thought

I noticed after I posted that the price for a second role has really gone down. I got some experimenting to do.

Thanks
    Peace

+ Reply to Thread