+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalker Leveling Build Advice

Default Riftstalker Leveling Build Advice

Hello you dirty rotten back-stabbing rogues!

My wife just started playing Rift again in preparation for the upcoming major patch and F2P (thanks Trion!!). She has always wanted to play a tank class and decided to make a Rogue Riftstalker. The first 51 levels went by pretty smoothly but now that we are in Storm Legion territory she was feeling extremely underpowered. Doing about 600-700 DPS was taking a VERY long time to complete quests. So I decided to help her do some research on a hybrid tank build that she could level with. We got her DPS up to about 1400-1600 single target, a bit more than double what she was doing before and she seems pretty happy with it so far.

My question is thus; will she still be able to tank effectively (pre-expert and raid tanking) with the following build?

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMhTAlV0...zkzkfhsdozvV0z

We ran an old world dungeon with this build last night, but she had full Storm Legion gear and we pretty much steam rolled it (she even used http://www.rifthead.com/ability/-523...tant-deviation for the entire run).

The extra point into Ranger are for the 5% atk power buff, and for Splinter Shot for those time where ranged is a better option.

I would greatly appreciate some feedback, or some different build advice for a DPS focused rogue tank build pre-expert and raid.

The Storm Legion dungeons hit much too hard for hybrid builds to be a feasible option, even on normal mode.

That being said, since she can have up to six role slots, she can use one build for questing, and then switch to a dedicated tanking build for dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    The Storm Legion dungeons hit much too hard for hybrid builds to be a feasible option, even on normal mode.

That being said, since she can have up to six role slots, she can use one build for questing, and then switch to a dedicated tanking build for dungeons.
    Basically this. Any build with less than 61 Riftstalker is gimping yourself... To tank with, anyway
    Last edited by Crithappens; 06-03-2013 at 09:40 AM.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Thank you for the responses.

Just for sh!ts and giggles we ran Exodus of the Storm Queen with her hybrid build. It went flawlessly. I am sure this will not work for very long, but having the added DPS from the tank really made the run fly by.

I think what really made it possible was that I am running a Harbringer/Chloromancer DPS build that added quite a lot of additional healing. This seems to have made up for the 10-15% loss in endurance and maybe 5% damage reduction she does not have due to this build variation.

Anyhow, she's having fun with the build for now and is fully expecting to switch to a more solid tank build soon.

+ Reply to Thread