+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rogue melee DPS vs Ranged?

Shadowlander

Default Rogue melee DPS vs Ranged?

I'm speaking PvE here, are rogue melee builds just as good as ranged? And do they do good dps compared to other classes?

thanks

yes, they both do good dps.
    -Smarted the Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by LokiHero View Post
    I'm speaking PvE here, are rogue melee builds just as good as ranged? And do they do good dps compared to other classes?

thanks
    Melee builds do significantly higher DPS than ranged builds (Between 10% and 30% more, depending on which two specs you're comparing). They're competitive with other classes, as well.
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-02-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Melee builds do significantly higher DPS than ranged builds (Between 10% and 30% more, depending on which two specs you're comparing). They're competitive with other classes, as well.
    How well does this translate over to PVP? Are these melee builds generally more successful or less so?

Quote Originally Posted by Minordeity View Post
    How well does this translate over to PVP? Are these melee builds generally more successful or less so?
    Rogue melee builds (Assassin/RS and NB/RS) are great at 1v1, but in anything larger scale than that, they range from mediocre to awful. So for warfronts and Conquest, I'd steer clear of them.

It's the player behind the keyboard, has nothing to do with anything else. Melee rogues are just as good as ranged in all forms of pvp. I play ranged and melee evenly and with over 1 million lifetime kills it comes down to experience and practice. Of course there are variables and situations where a build will shine above others, the key is to know when to switch it up and be able to make a difference.

SO to answer your question, learn to play multiple builds that are ranged and melee. There is no magic I win build for ANY class. There is counter to everything, it's up to you to learn how to do it. That comes with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquafria View Post
    It's the player behind the keyboard, has nothing to do with anything else. Melee rogues are just as good as ranged in all forms of pvp.
    They really, really aren't. You can do well as melee, sure, but ranged builds are significantly more effective, particularly 61 Marksman.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    They really, really aren't. You can do well as melee, sure, but ranged builds are significantly more effective, particularly 61 Marksman.
    Needs a nerf.

40/36 buffs, feels good.

Rift Chaser

what is the new build and macros for the 61 MM with new patch

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Needs a nerf.
    No argument there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    what is the new build and macros for the 61 MM with new patch
    Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

I can assure you, both melee and ranged are equal for a rogue. It's ALWAYS the player behind the keyboard. Funny thing is when I lead CQ ( ABL, you might have heard of us ) we run the MELEE TRAIN often and it's loaded with rogues along with warriors smashing the back line.

The biggest misconception in RIFT is rogues can't be effective playing Melee in large scale pvp scenarios. I run in the back line and kill everything, It's funny how the ranged including the ranged rogues are like ( What are you doing! Your not supposed to play melee in CQ, Blasphemy! )

It's all fabricated bs from one trick pony players who think melee is a so called waste, it is just as effective if not more so in most situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironic View Post
    40/36 buffs, feels good.
    bro, 61 ranger or get out. also .... MUMBLE
    Last edited by Orangu; 06-12-2013 at 10:00 AM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

I can assure you, both melee and ranged are equal for a rogue. It's ALWAYS the player behind the keyboard. Funny thing is when I lead CQ ( ABL, you might have heard of us ) we run the MELEE TRAIN often and it's loaded with rogues along with warriors smashing the back line.

The biggest misconception in RIFT is rogues can't be effective playing Melee in large scale pvp scenarios. I run in the back line and kill everything, It's funny how the ranged including the ranged rogues are like ( What are you doing! Your not supposed to play melee in CQ, Blasphemy! )

It's all fabricated bs from one trick pony players who think melee is a so called waste, it is just as effective if not more so in most situations.
    The fact that you do something and win with it does not mean that's it's better than the other options, just that you outplayed the opponents.

Conversely, I've killed rogues playing NB/RS in 1v1 when I was playing Marksman, but that doesn't mean that 61 Marksman is better at 1v1. Far from it, in fact. I just knew what I was doing, and they didn't.

You can be effective with a Puri/Defiler dps spec as well. I've gotten kills in a wf so it must be the best.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast