+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rogue updates for 2.3

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Rogue updates for 2.3

Here are some of the updates coming up for 2.3.

Assassin
    Serrated Blades: The chance to trigger Serrated Blades has been increased to 50%, up from 40%.

Bladedancer
    Combat Culmination: Your Finishers now cause Physical attacks to ignore 2-6% of your target’s armor per Combo Point, up from 1-3%.

Ranger
    Shadow Fire: Damage bonus from Shadow Fire has been increased from 3% to 5%.
    Animalism: Cooldown reduced from 45s to 30s.
    Feral Aggression: Cooldown reduced from 45s to 30s.

Marksman
    Decoy: Cooldown reduced from 120s to 60s.
    Master Archer: Now increases the damage of Marksman attacks by 4-12%, up from 3-9%.

Saboteur
    Cloud Maker: Damage has been increased.
    Spike Bomb: Now also applies Thistle Spike to affected enemies, increasing damage taken from the Rogue by 1% per stack. Thistle Spike stacks up to 15 times.

Nightblade
    Dark Descent: Now causes the next 3 Finishers to not consume Combo Points, up from 2.
    Last edited by Ailion; 05-31-2013 at 04:28 PM.

sab buff seems interesting. sab has burst with cloudmaker and the such so it will help with some prolonged aoe. I'm not a fan of slow ramp ups but could be good. I personally havent ran sab since ID.

ranger for dps. marks for utility. I like it.

RIFT Guide Writer

Nice changes, I'll try to put a dps number on them to see their magnitude in practice.

Serrated Blades: The chance to trigger Serrated Blades has been increased to 50%, up from 40%.
    I'd say this is around 200 dps boost for 61 sin and NB/Sin.

Combat Culmination: Your Finishers now cause Physical attacks to ignore 2-6% of your targetís armor per Combo Point, up from 1-3%.
    About 400 dps boost.

Have to parse this to estimate accurately since there could be timing issues but the potential is there for about +1k dps boost.

Master Archer: Now increases the damage of Marksman attacks by 4-12%, up from 3-9%.
    About 600-700 boost.

Spike Bomb: Now also applies Thistle Spike to affected enemies, increasing damage taken from the Rogue by 1% per stack. Thistle Spike stacks up to 15 times.
    This is a major buff. 15% incoming damage debuff is basically 15% more damage plus whatever more we get from cloud maker.

61 NB is getting left behind here though. It's going to be marginally better dps than MM but behind ranger and falls further from nb/sin, sin and BD.

Ascendant

Definitely looks like the goal here is to push Ranger as the top ST ranged DPS. Really seems like it's gonna pull a fair bit further ahead of Marksman here.

Notice that Nightblade is consicuously absent from the list. Does this mean you're pretty much happy with how it stands or does this mean a larger set of changes are in store for it then the other DPS souls?
    Last edited by Kedon; 05-31-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post

Assassin

Bladedancer
    Combat Culmination: Your Finishers now cause Physical attacks to ignore 2-6% of your targetís armor per Combo Point, up from 1-3%.

Ranger

Marksman

Saboteur
    I like these Sab changes very much. I can't wait to test this!

Saboteur
    Needs more love, patiently awaiting round 2 sab buffs.

thanks for saying that Gery so i don't seem like that crazy person.
    Last edited by desaroth; 05-31-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Rift Disciple

Is it just me, or are the "Thistle Spike stacks" not applying?

Is this not on PTS yet?

RIFT Guide Writer

Did some testing on pts.

1. Thistle Stacks were not either implemented or not working.
    2. Serrated Blades change made smaller difference than I thought it would. It's at best a 100 dps boost.
    3. Ranger's timing is very different than the current live version and needs new theorycrafting. I stand by the about +1k dps buff estimate for now.
    4. MM estimate of +600-700 dps seemed quite accurate. Strafe crit chance is probably still bugged. Also it's a bit annoying to have both ranged specs effectively rely on a pet now. Decoy often has issues of dying or doing stupid stuff in raids.

Shadowlander

Assassin

Bladedancer

Ranger

Marksman

Saboteur

Nightblade
    Dark Descent: Now causes the next 3 Finishers to not consume Combo Points, up from 2.
    Mr. Ailion

Ive been playing this great game for 7 months now and only with my bard from level 1 to 60 XXL.

I am just curious why the role bard is never mentionend on any patch notes all those times. It seems either develepors think Bard role is the only role that is right on the money all those months or either its not important compaired to the other roles.

I get a lot of slack Always from playing my bard since its low on meters and thats more and more we going to. I'm pretty stubborn and keep on playing it since i love that class.

Still a few small tweaks are not unreasonable.

What about :

- Increase the shielding of Verse of Joy just a tiny bit so its more up to par with all the heavy dmg nowadays?
    - Increasing the duration of the 3 coda's with a few secs more?
    - Fixing the conflict with the 3 bard debuffs vs the Archon debuffs. Its a mess Always at raids?
    - Fixing Anthem of Glory it bugs with about any buff from other classes ?
    - Our 4th motif, that summons 8 critters? what about makeing something usefull so we can adopt it in our motif chain?

I don't understand why i never seen any "adjustments" for bard role /sniff

sincerly,

Quote Originally Posted by Flakey View Post
    Mr. Ailion

Ive been playing this great game for 7 months now and only with my bard from level 1 to 60 XXL.

I am just curious why the role bard is never mentionend on any patch notes all those times. It seems either develepors think Bard role is the only role that is right on the money all those months or either its not important compaired to the other roles.

I get a lot of slack Always from playing my bard since its low on meters and thats more and more we going to. I'm pretty stubborn and keep on playing it since i love that class.

Still a few small tweaks are not unreasonable.

What about :

- Increase the shielding of Verse of Joy just a tiny bit so its more up to par with all the heavy dmg nowadays?
    - Increasing the duration of the 3 coda's with a few secs more?
    - Fixing the conflict with the 3 bard debuffs vs the Archon debuffs. Its a mess Always at raids?
    - Fixing Anthem of Glory it bugs with about any buff from other classes ?
    - Our 4th motif, that summons 8 critters? what about makeing something usefull so we can adopt it in our motif chain?

I don't understand why i never seen any "adjustments" for bard role /sniff

sincerly,
    Bard is in a really good place and since it doesn't need to be competitive with other specs in either healing or damage, there's no pressure to aggressively balance it. I don't know of any issues with Anthem of Glory or the Motifs conflicting, Anthem of Glory is overwritten properly by Arcane Aegis and the Motifs properly overwrite other buffs, so if you've found an issue there please elaborate.

Ascendant

Aillion has a hard on for MM.
    Really going to buff it after saying it was too mobile to buff?
    SMH

Not really sure why Sin is being buffed through serrated blades.
    It does nice DPS, its just restricted to being behind the target.
    It needs a less strict requirement in that aspect.
    Last edited by Katosu; 05-31-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    its just restricted to being behind the target.
    It needs a less strict requirement in that aspect.
    Because Sins do it from behind.

Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

WOAH WOAH WOAH. AIlion u sneaky mofo.

Dark Descent buff u edited your post. That wasnt there.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by desaroth View Post
    WOAH WOAH WOAH. AIlion u sneaky mofo.

Dark Descent buff u edited your post. That wasnt there.
    I was excited to test it since NB is my favourite melee soul but the change is not on PTS yet. However I don't think it's a big buff because the main issue with dark descent is that the extra finishers lack heat retention stacks and blazing strike without heat retention does not hit very hard. It's not going to make NB competitive.

NB just desperately needs more crit chance from somewhere because this <30% crit rate while fully buffed and on a debuffed target just can't compete when best itemization value in gear is in crit power. Easiest would be to put crit chance buff to ebon blades same way as MM has damage buffs in static shock munitions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast