+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: So what have I missed?

Question So what have I missed?

Logged on for the first time yesterday in 1.5 years... lots have changed and now I have no clue what I'm doing, any help would be much appreciated. Love how combo points stay on me now, that is a huge bonus that was missing... but specs all seem broken now... at least at 50
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Legend foretold, that one day the Messiah of rogues would return to walk among us.

That day is today.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Prophet of Telara

I'm still using Hoko 2-button spec.

so any tips for leveling to 60, and specs that do it fast?
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Well, I switched from Ranger to Bladedancer, using Muspel's guide.

You kill fast and very efficient. Now if you don't have the SL souls, just replace Tact with another rogue soul. The build should still be viable, although, curative engine does help.

Telaran

61/8/x +7 Tac/RS, pull up to 8 mobs at once and AOE them down. Heals on taking damage and kill. Do some random PvP, bonuses are nice.

8RS/4Tac is good enough sustainment for playing around with any other melee specs you might want to try.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    so any tips for leveling to 60, and specs that do it fast?
    Are you still in a guild? If so, ask someone to banner you to Ashora. If not, spec Assassin and stealth your way to Ashora. Once there, unlock all the porticulums and join great hunt groups. Also type /join crossevents@Faeblight and /join crossraids@Faeblight and keep an eye for great hunt groups. If there are no groups, do STORY QUESTS ONLY! Skip everything else as they're a waste of time XP-wise.

As for specs, anything with 4 Tact, 8 RS is a must. This one is pretty popular although you can tweak it to your liking (as long as you have at a minimum, 4 Tact and 8 RS). If you're going to mainly do ghunts, switch to Tact and mow everything down.

Once you're L60:

* This is go-to spec for Rogues - NB-Sin Spec
    * If there are very few to no disconnects, use this instead - 61 Sin PvE Guide
    * Can't remember if you like to play RDPS but if you do, this is the top RDPS spec - 61 Ranger DPS guide
    * If you're RDPS and need to be the dedicated purger/interrupter, this is the build to use (the great majority of Rogues also use this as their go-to RDPS spec even though the Ranger build is higher DPS... I guess they don't like pets) - 61 Marksman in PvE - Ranged DPS in Storm Legion

Welcome back and get to 60 ASAP!
    Last edited by m1nus; 05-30-2013 at 05:24 AM.

thx for the help, i'll check out this tact stuff since it's new, and after a few quests i realized only story quests are worth doing lol, funny how this game is!

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    thx for the help, i'll check out this tact stuff since it's new, and after a few quests i realized only story quests are worth doing lol, funny how this game is!
    You're going to want to do every quest, actually. In order to reach level 60, you need to finish something like 80% of the quests in the game. In practice, this generally means that you completely clear out every zone except Steppes and possibly Ashora.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    You're going to want to do every quest, actually. In order to reach level 60, you need to finish something like 80% of the quests in the game. In practice, this generally means that you completely clear out every zone except Steppes and possibly Ashora.
    That's why he needs to do ghunts + story quests. If he just do all the story quests, he'll run out of those before hitting L60. He can also do a few dungeons to help with XP and gear especially (although stuff from the AH is enough for leveling purposes).

yea ghunts are probably what i'll do mostly since it's similar to what i did to get my 3 toons to 50 as is... also should be able to lvl using all that legendary 4pc gear i had from long ago, not that killing monsters is that hard as is...

Quote Originally Posted by m1nus View Post
    * If you're RDPS and need to be the dedicated purger/interrupter, this is the build to use (the great majority of Rogues also use this as their go-to RDPS spec even though the Ranger build is higher DPS... I guess they don't like pets) - 61 Marksman in PvE - Ranged DPS in Storm Legion
    Most rogues use Marksman because it's overall better. Yes, it's slightly behind Ranger on an uninterrupted ST burn, but it does significantly better on target swaps, which are present on almost every fight where you'd want to play ranged in the first place.

The utility and mobility don't hurt, either.
    That's why he needs to do ghunts + story quests. If he just do all the story quests, he'll run out of those before hitting L60. He can also do a few dungeons to help with XP and gear especially (although stuff from the AH is enough for leveling purposes).
    I wouldn't do Ghunts while leveling. He's going to need those zone reps no matter what, and he can earn Torvan rep much faster in the Dendrome after hitting 60, compared to the slow gains from Ghunts.
    Last edited by Muspel; 05-30-2013 at 05:53 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Hey Hoko, nice to see old rift players returning.

Anyway I did the research for the ranger spec to see how far I could push the dps from it but even I have since removed the spec from my lineup. It's just too gimmicky to be practical and I play on lagwatch server now and doing the timing there on raid times just won't work. MM is the better spec all things considered except for the first boss in Grim Awakening where ranger will be great.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I wouldn't do Ghunts while leveling. He's going to need those zone reps no matter what, and he can earn Torvan rep much faster in the Dendrome after hitting 60, compared to the slow gains from Ghunts.
    True, but he is asking for the fastest way to level to 60, not the most efficient way of leveling reps. If his only concern is getting to L60 like a madman, then nothing beats ghunts + story quests.

True, but he is asking for the fastest way to level to 60, not the most efficient way of leveling reps. If his only concern is getting to L60 like a madman, then nothing beats ghunts + story quests.
    basically this, im sure i can grind once im 60 and do whatever i want, getting there fast is the important thing. never been one to clear out a zone of quests as i always just pvp'd or did other stuff anyways while sticking to story quests.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast