+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue DPS Melee Question

Shadowlander

Default Rogue DPS Melee Question

I am not a big fan on ranged dps when using rogues. However, I have noticed most rogues do ranged because of the fact its easier and puts out consistant dps. I however enjoy going Melee and had a warrior all the way up to the expansion came out; My question is now I have a level 60 rogue some raid gear and some purples with 53 hit on them however I was told to stack in crit power vs Phys crit when im ranged, is this the same for Melee? what stats do I need to make sure I prioritize when doing NB/SIN spec listed on main page?

Thanks

As a broad rule of thumb, crit power gear is better for builds that have a high crit chance (for instance, Marksman has talents that raise the crit rates on almost all of its abilities by 10%), while AP gear is better for specs that don't.

Just to be clear, though, 1 AP is better than 1 CP for every single spec in the game-- it's just that crit power gear tends to have more crit power than AP gear has AP, which puts it ahead overall for specs that value the stat.

There are various gear lists out there that provide stat weights for different specs, with varying levels of accuracy. You can use those to take a look at which gear pieces are upgrades or not.

(Also, for future reference, questions like this should go in Rogue Discussion. The Rogue Guides forum is for guides.)
    Last edited by Muspel; 05-29-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Shadowlander

what about Physical crit vs Crit power?

Physical crit gear is generally not worth using, unless the other stats on it are significantly higher-- for instance, a piece of raid gear with physical crit might beat out a dungeon blue with crit power, especially if that piece of raid gear lets you complete a set bonus.

+ Reply to Thread