+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blackluck

Thread: Bard/ranger PvE viable?

Soulwalker

Default Bard/ranger PvE viable?

hi all, I'm new to this great game, but I would like your help with a build.
    I have played lots of other MMOs, always playing a hunter, or atleast something with a pet by your side, but I also played as a 'bard' in a couple of other games.

I have taken a look at the soul trees and on the forums for rogues, so far, and yes, you can guess it, the bard and ranger are my favorite soul trees.

I wont pvp just PvE with a couple of dungeon runs throughout my levelling exp.

ok, now that you have heard my whole gaming background it's time for my real question

is the ranger with bard a viable build for PvE/levelling? I do like survivability but also a bit of DPS,

You can do whatever you want while you're leveling. Work in 4 tact or 8 rs and you'll get a significant boost to your sustainability. (Or better yet, get both)

If you want to do ranger/bard, it won't be the best as far as leveling specs goes. But anything works really. It boils down to whatever you have fun with.

That being said, you may want to look into full dps / support specs for when you run dungeons. While I'm all for having fun, I draw the line at when I have my fun at other people's expense. Don't waste the other folks' time by bringing in a herpderp spec that you enjoy playing, but really doesn't contribute much of anything to a team for group based content~
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Rift Disciple

Back during release, I played a ranger/bard combo and it was fun and effective while soloing/duoing with my SO. After returning a few weeks ago, though, it wasn't working at all. Not sure if that is due to increase in mob HP's in SL or due to nerfs to both bard/ranger.

Without pouring all your points into ranger the pet is not very effective, the bard utility cannot make up the difference nor is the healing sufficient. Pity, that, as I enjoyed the combo back in the day.
    Cognitive Dissonance
    If you leave a rat in a Skinner Box long enough, it begins to develop theories about the moral rightness of pressing levers and the personal failings of those with fewer pellets. It is somewhat less likely to develop theories that the box and levers are necessary or desirable, because the pragmatic importance of acquiring pellets is self-evident. -Zubon, Kill Ten Rats

Quote Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
    Back during release, I played a ranger/bard combo and it was fun and effective while soloing/duoing with my SO. After returning a few weeks ago, though, it wasn't working at all. Not sure if that is due to increase in mob HP's in SL or due to nerfs to both bard/ranger.

Without pouring all your points into ranger the pet is not very effective, the bard utility cannot make up the difference nor is the healing sufficient. Pity, that, as I enjoyed the combo back in the day.
    I ran the same with my first rogue. It worked at the time but now... it's like old game content...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post

Yep, Bard healing is nothing like it use to be. Such a shame!

SERVER : Faeblight || Follow My Anook

+ Reply to Thread