+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TACT + SAB PVP Combo?

Soulwalker

Default TACT + SAB PVP Combo?

Hi all. New to Rift (2 months), loving the game. I'm playing around with Rogue spec ideas, mainly interested in PVP here. I've been searching the forums for advice, but I thought I'd ask directly:

QUESTION: What are your thoughts on a TACT + SAB combo build, perhaps with a 0 Point RS for the blink? Would this be completely redundant, or might these two very similar souls work well in tandem to bring down players in PVP while providing some minimal heals? What are the obvious weaknesses (or strengths) with such a build?

I'm only lvl 30 at the moment. I really like stealth and mobility in PVP so I was trying to go with an Assassin (stealth)/Riftstalker (mobility) build with the bulk in SAB for some ranged damage, but the SAB damage seems a bit lackluster atm. Decided to play with Tactician, it sounds interesting. I know Tact/MM is fairly popular, but I'm all about using this excellent soul system to experiment and learn. Primary goals in PVP are to do good damage and to enjoy as much mobility as I can get.

Tactician and Sab don't really synergize in any meaningful way, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Muspel; 05-27-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    other then the aoe damage boost low in tact. i have a sab spec with tact in it and it works well, bursting over 100k dps / maintaining 50-60k on the aoe dummies in tb

my sab/tact spec is mainly for pvp because of the aoe silences / aoe slow / aoe debuffs, and constant and hard hitting dot damage. people can hide behind walls all they want but my sab dots from caltrop and timebomb / cloud maker are still on them and they die anyways.. i prefer sab/tact vs tactman for aoe in pvp for the above mentioned reasons
    Last edited by turbododge; 05-27-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Eshebala@Deepwood
    11/11HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4FT - 5/5 EE
    Check out my youtube channel for Gaming, Automotive, and Firearms
    http://www.youtube.com/user/91XtremeRT

i have a build here that works well in pvp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-sDiuVXENU

ive pulled 28k dps with it in a cq zerg. its pretty nasty and very effective as long as you got some heals on you
    Last edited by turbododge; 05-27-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Eshebala@Deepwood
    11/11HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4FT - 5/5 EE
    Check out my youtube channel for Gaming, Automotive, and Firearms
    http://www.youtube.com/user/91XtremeRT

Quote Originally Posted by turbododge View Post
    other then the aoe damage boost low in tact. i have a sab spec with tact in it and it works well, bursting over 100k dps / maintaining 50-60k on the aoe dummies in tb
    That's not really what he's asking about, though-- he seems to be talking about a hybrid spec.

Telaran

San really lack the punch now in PvP. Just tried the build in the video. Can't hit hard

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    This and the unfortunate truth. I tried to mix them. You just don't get as much out of either. Tact needs to be catered is weird ways and Sab sort of needs the 51pt at least.

Tis a shame.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread