+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What roles do I carry?

Telaran

Default What roles do I carry?

Somewhat fresh 60, decent set of expert-tier gear but nothing special. Quit during HK, trying to figure out what I ought to be doing with a bunch of old information and disagreements is giving me a headache right now.

My first 3 roles are dedicated for solo/experimentation, tank, and bard (haven't actually played the bard at all, but if I keep playing I'll eventually be raiding and I figure I'll need it there, at least initially). Leaves me with 3 more to cover my other needs.

Right now I'm experimenting with the 44/32 Tactician/Marksman; I also have a 61MM build for utility/kiting/braindead and 61 Sin for shredding ST. I prefer playing melee when possible. Tried the 44/32 NB/Sin but I'm not really fond of Nightblade in general and would rather not use it if I don't have to.

What do y'all suggest as far as covering PVE? No raiding yet, but I'd prefer to practice raid-worthy specs as I don't see myself continuing to play all that long if I'm only doing non-raid content.

shp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Eilidh View Post
    Somewhat fresh 60, decent set of expert-tier gear but nothing special. Quit during HK, trying to figure out what I ought to be doing with a bunch of old information and disagreements is giving me a headache right now.

My first 3 roles are dedicated for solo/experimentation, tank, and bard (haven't actually played the bard at all, but if I keep playing I'll eventually be raiding and I figure I'll need it there, at least initially). Leaves me with 3 more to cover my other needs.

Right now I'm experimenting with the 44/32 Tactician/Marksman; I also have a 61MM build for utility/kiting/braindead and 61 Sin for shredding ST. I prefer playing melee when possible. Tried the 44/32 NB/Sin but I'm not really fond of Nightblade in general and would rather not use it if I don't have to.

What do y'all suggest as far as covering PVE? No raiding yet, but I'd prefer to practice raid-worthy specs as I don't see myself continuing to play all that long if I'm only doing non-raid content.
    You pretty much got it right. Now all you need to do is to check some guides, set up proper macros and you are good to go.

HF

That's a nice setup. If you love to melee though, you won't have many chances to use 61sin and so having nb/sin around isn't a bad idea, especially for disconnect/adds bosses.
    Last edited by Ironic; 05-27-2013 at 02:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread