+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New level 60

Soulwalker

Default New level 60

So i've only been playing 2 weeks and just hit 60 on my first character. I read the " Ok, so you're 60, what now?" guide but i still have a few questions in terms of the quickest way to gear for experts (300 hit) and then raids.

1. I have about 60k planarite, what is the best way to spend it?

2. I have about 800 plat, should i use it on craftables?

3. Which pieces of gear should i buy first with infinity stones and, when i'm able, the currency you get from experts?

4. Is it worth getting PvP gear?

Thanks in advance.

1. Lesser essences are your best bet, once you get your Torvan and Lycini reps high enough to buy the good ones.

2. Buy the top-end seal first. Then buy some rings if you can afford them. Be sure to use Insidious augments.

3. Whichever ones are the biggest upgrades over what you currently have.

4. Only if you're going to PvP.
    Last edited by Muspel; 05-27-2013 at 09:13 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

I'd suggest getting helm and rings crafted before seal. It will give you plenty of +hit and good stats. Seal is just raw stats and by far the most expensive piece to craft and will take all your money. While you save up some more money for the best seal you can get a 2nd or 3rd best seal crafted and it won't cost you much.

Soulwalker

Thanks. One other question, is it generally better to buy one piece of gear and use stones to upgrade it (before buying other pieces) or just buying multiple pieces of non-upgraded gear (and then upgrading later)? I realize in the grand scheme it doesn't really matter what order you do it, just wondering if one path is significantly better bang for your buck than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurloc View Post
    Thanks. One other question, is it generally better to buy one piece of gear and use stones to upgrade it (before buying other pieces) or just buying multiple pieces of non-upgraded gear (and then upgrading later)? I realize in the grand scheme it doesn't really matter what order you do it, just wondering if one path is significantly better bang for your buck than the other.
    Just look at which one gives you a bigger boost to your stats. Since upgraded items tend to be only a small step up, it's generally better to buy a new piece of gear, but not always.

Don't forget to factor available set boni into your upgrade plan.
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

Telaran

At this stage you want just enough to get you into experts and then just enough to get you into raiding. Crafted helm and rings will be a good start. Crafted weapon if you can afford it. It's worth buying crafted gear with the best augment as this can be better than some raid gear.. You will replace questing gear in experts very quickly and your first run through totdq will help as well

• Like many have mentioned, go for crafted rings and helm for the hit.
    • You can do a few events to get enough stones to buy a Raid lure. That's a good planarite dump and will also get you some lessers w/o having to wait for the rep. what you don't want you can sell to get some more plat to craft more gear. Probably the best lure would be the Life Rift one.
    • PvP helps only as compliment to get 4pc bonus or if there's a low level piece of gear that you haven't been able to change. If you have spare favor you can take a look at the gear.

Plane Touched

PvP gear has bad stats for PvE but, it works with the "Gilded" (dungeon) crystal set bonus (the tier 3 warlord set works with the raid crystal, but it's a VERY long grind to get it). So if you have some favor to spare, it might be not a bad idea to grab a couple of pvp pieces to get at least a 2 crystal bonus asap - the pieces you wanna chose are the ones that normally dont carry hit on them, and where there are no good crafted alternatives, e.g. boots and shoulders. Remember that the crystal 2 pieces bonus (60 or 65 ap) is the same for all dps role crystals, so you only need one of them till you get a 4 piece.

As mentioned above, get the helm and rings crafted asap, both for the 53 hit they give and excellent (close to best in game) stats if crafted with the best augments. After that get a belt, neck and cape (the neck and cape are blue, the neck only has 40 hit, and the cape is considered a "warrior" cape, yet if crafted with stellar insidious augments they are still really good). Also you might consider getting a bow crafted, unfortunately the only epic bow craftable (pre raid) is the tank one, but with a good aug it'll be worth it if you mostly play ranged specs till you get something better.

With your infinity stones it might be a good idea to get a weapon first (unless you get a lucky drop elsewhere) - unlike the armor, a weapon is worth upgrading to the top tier asap. For dungeons I'd go for the ranged weapon first (a new player might have a hard time as a melee in some experts as some are melee unfriendly) but for raiding definitely focus on melee and get good at least at the NB/sin spec asap.

+ Reply to Thread