+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard question and build request.

Soulwalker

Default Bard question and build request.

Hi. I'm a new player,
    I wanna make a good support bard. And there is my question. Which one would be better 61 bard or mixed bard/tactician? Or maybe some other mix?
    Im currently looking up for one of these builds:
    44/32 http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMtcwy0c...vxMuVRoqothkVo
    40/36 http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMtcwy0c...zvxMuVRoqot0kV
    61/10/5 http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMwcTV0VvlruqRsqktudqRvV

Not sure which one will be better. While hybrids seems to have better healing I feel quite wasted support potential without Verse of Joy, Verse of Occlusion, and Orchestra. Are these skills useful? At my levels I rarely see someone run out of mana/other resource.

And one more question - Is bard able to solo heal instances? I mean normal 5mans in lvls 1-50?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuriel View Post
    Hi. I'm a new player,
    I wanna make a good support bard. And there is my question. Which one would be better 61 bard or mixed bard/tactician? Or maybe some other mix?
    Im currently looking up for one of these builds:
    44/32 http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMtcwy0c...vxMuVRoqothkVo
    40/36 http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMtcwy0c...zvxMuVRoqot0kV
    61/10/5 http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMwcTV0VvlruqRsqktudqRvV

Not sure which one will be better. While hybrids seems to have better healing I feel quite wasted support potential without Verse of Joy, Verse of Occlusion, and Orchestra. Are these skills useful? At my levels I rarely see someone run out of mana/other resource.

And one more question - Is bard able to solo heal instances? I mean normal 5mans in lvls 1-50?
    get both 61 and a hybrid

Eshebala@Deepwood
    11/11HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4FT - 5/5 EE
    Check out my youtube channel for Gaming, Automotive, and Firearms
    http://www.youtube.com/user/91XtremeRT

Bards cannot solo heal 5 mans unless overleveled and/or overgeared
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    i can solo raid heal jultharin in todq raid with my bard hybrid raid heal spec.

i pm'd OP with a link to my video of the build on my YT channel.

i also solo healed a dungeon with it before. sure tank was way over geared but still lol
    Last edited by turbododge; 05-26-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Eshebala@Deepwood
    11/11HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4FT - 5/5 EE
    Check out my youtube channel for Gaming, Automotive, and Firearms
    http://www.youtube.com/user/91XtremeRT

Quote Originally Posted by turbododge View Post

i also solo healed a dungeon with it before. sure tank was way over geared but still lol
    Jultharin is not indicative of leveling dungeons, nor is your overgeared experience. I haven't used a healer on Jultharin for months, that doesn't mean Bards can solo heal Empyrean Core trash.
    Nope.

Yeah a bard's not going to solo heal a dungeon unless it and/or the tank is decently overgeared, making it pretty irrelevant since it's not like you can queue as a healer anyway.

61/X is a great bard build for raids where the buffs & damage output you give the raid will matter, 40bard/36tac is great if you really want healing output. Probably not bad at AoE DPS either considering you have torrents.
    Epic Gendo

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Depends on how you define over geared. I solo healed Empyrean core a completely dungeon geared group as a dungeon geared Bard. Now we were completely dungeon geared out but it was doable. Unplanned as well. It was an all guild group with the exception of a pug cleric healer who died on every fight within 30 seconds due to failing mechanics. Now that is an odd dungeon where on many parts you can use multiple oscillations. Without MO I do not know if it is doable.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Depends on how you define over geared. I solo healed Empyrean core a completely dungeon geared group as a dungeon geared Bard. Now we were completely dungeon geared out but it was doable. Unplanned as well. It was an all guild group with the exception of a pug cleric healer who died on every fight within 30 seconds due to failing mechanics. Now that is an odd dungeon where on many parts you can use multiple oscillations. Without MO I do not know if it is doable.
    Yes, but Tact/Bard will get wreck in EC. MO >>>> Tact/Bard. When you can get 3 target MO, it is extremely effective and somewhat competitive with an actual healer.

For an actual bard spec, specing into anything but 61/10mm/5rs really isn't ever worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Yes, but Tact/Bard will get wreck in EC. MO >>>> Tact/Bard. When you can get 3 target MO, it is extremely effective and somewhat competitive with an actual healer.

For an actual bard spec, specing into anything but 61/10mm/5rs really isn't ever worth it.
    I think there is a place for bard/tac on some raid boss fights with more casual guilds when they are progressing. Having those extra steady state heals in the background while your clerics and cloros learn when to pop raid CD's is nice. It can be the difference between success and a wipe in those circumstances.

However like any crutch eventually you have to walk on your own and so once your main healers have it down the bard/tac heals are completely irrelevant to the point over healing becomes a MAJOR issue (I have seen some parses where the "lowest" over healing I saw from a healer was 47% when a Bard/tac was there, the max was over 60%) and it lacks the heavy dps gain you can get out of 61 bard.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Tact/bard healing is more viable in the 10 man than in experts, because there are very few expert encounters with more group than tank damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post

How could you forget the good ole 11 ranger for the armor debuff?! Or the 12 bladedancer for the interrupt!?
    Utility spec has utility.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by turbododge View Post

Can you pm me it also?

+ Reply to Thread