+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard Help - Leveling

Soulwalker

Default Bard Help - Leveling

I just came back after 1 1/2 years. I had been playing a Chloro main so no idea at all about Bard. My question is builds. I have done my research into best builds endgame but is this build what I want for leveling as well?

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#A90/vkGGBiGllay/wg

I don't want to level with a 'fast' spec and not get used to abilities, then have to deal with the relearning. I mainly want to do Dungeons and IAs to level. I am definitely a huge PvPer as well though. I would love to know how to allocate my points so I can level as a true Bard but also be viable at low levels.

As for professions I was going to go Butch/Outfitting/X but I don't know if I can make good money at high levels. Can anyone tell me the situation on that?

Shards - On Fae, is this the best?

Rift Master

I leveled from 50-60 as a pure bard, using that spec (51/10/5 at 50, everything going into bard), and it is now a viable open world/IA spec. It has plenty of self heals and survivability, so as long as you don't do anything crazy, you shouldn't have any problems killing/chain pulling stuff.

However, it's DPS is low, and be prepared to take a while killing things. That said, it makes a poor DPS spec in a dungeon because it's damage is so low. It's fine for a support healing spec there, but for a dungeon DPS, look to 61 MM.

Don't PvP much, but it's generally what I use. I'm sure there's other PvP bard builds that are better focused however.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nonie View Post
    I just came back after 1 1/2 years. I had been playing a Chloro main so no idea at all about Bard. My question is builds. I have done my research into best builds endgame but is this build what I want for leveling as well?

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#A90/vkGGBiGllay/wg

I don't want to level with a 'fast' spec and not get used to abilities, then have to deal with the relearning. I mainly want to do Dungeons and IAs to level. I am definitely a huge PvPer as well though. I would love to know how to allocate my points so I can level as a true Bard but also be viable at low levels.

As for professions I was going to go Butch/Outfitting/X but I don't know if I can make good money at high levels. Can anyone tell me the situation on that?

Shards - On Fae, is this the best?
    Take a look at the spec I put together months ago: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ling-spec.html. It's called the "Blard" as it's Bard/Nightblade. I used it to level for most of 50-60 but it's definitely viable below 50 as well. The gist of the spec is that, from an ability-usage standpoint, it's almost entirely Bard. You won't be using NB abilities like Primal Strike, Dusk Strike, Blazing Strike, etc. Everything you use is Bard. The point in NB are there to make you hit harder than a standard Bard would.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

+ Reply to Thread