+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rouge -Ranger-Weapon-DPS

Rift Chaser

Default Rouge -Ranger-Weapon-DPS

Was wonder what the best weapon for my Ranger DPS stat wise and were/how do i get it?

The Bleeding Sky, from Regulos.

There really aren't any fights where you should be using Ranger, though. Except 4-tank Twins.
    Last edited by Muspel; 05-24-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Rift Chaser

I really meant dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    I really meant dagger.
    Well, it doesn't matter much, because Ranger doesn't scale with melee weapon damage. Your mainhand and offhand are just stat sticks for specs like MM and Ranger, much like rings.

That being said, it should be The Dead Wind from Crucia and Fang of the Soulstealer from Regulos.

Woah, this is a very good guide. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Well, it doesn't matter much, because Ranger doesn't scale with melee weapon damage. Your mainhand and offhand are just stat sticks for specs like MM and Ranger, much like rings.

That being said, it should be The Dead Wind from Crucia and Fang of the Soulstealer from Regulos.
    Not true. the decoy pet in MM gets its damage from your mainhand and so does the raptor pet.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Wowzers, a Raptor wielding an axe? Now it needs a shark with lazer beams to ride, so he can ride forth to battle with pirate ninjas in the marshmallow seas!
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

The Bleeding Sky, from Regulos.

There really aren't any fights where you should be using Ranger, though. Except 4-tank Twins.
    Also Gelidra (melee destroys adds), Mini boss, Goloch. Good way to get the Armor debuff up rather than LF.

Also, like already mentioned pets dont use bows :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gynxz View Post
    Also Gelidra (melee destroys adds), Mini boss, Goloch. Good way to get the Armor debuff up rather than LF.
    Melee does more DPS on Gelidra, and Marksman is better for add phases due to target swaps.

Assassin is better for Gangnum and Goloch.

Also, like already mentioned pets dont use bows :P
    Have your bard go 11 ranger for the armor debuff

On Goloch ranger is terrible because of the pet management during the stomp phase which will cause rend to fall off as well as no pet damage or procs which mean low dps.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Melee does more DPS on Gelidra, and Marksman is better for add phases due to target swaps.

Assassin is better for Gangnum and Goloch.
    Thanks for telling me what I know. Im commenting on other fights in which Ranger can be used much like u did recommending twins.

The OP is asking about Ranger nothing more. Part of your reply was wrong followed by 1 recommendation for a fight... I just wanted to add on that recommendation.
    I use NB on everything but Goloch btw.

@Orangu: Yeah Goloch needs a little pet management so does Gelidra but If you cant handle a little pet management then Ranger is not for you.

Thanks for telling me what I know. Im commenting on other fights in which Ranger can be used much like u did recommending twins.

The OP is asking about Ranger nothing more. Part of your reply was wrong followed by 1 recommendation for a fight... I just wanted to add on that recommendation.
    I use NB on everything but Goloch btw.

@Orangu: Yeah Goloch needs a little pet management so does Gelidra but If you cant handle a little pet management then Ranger is not for you.
    Ok let me explain this to you so you understand

Rend lasts 10 seconds (pet damage) your pet gives you an 8% damage buff whenever it crits (relies on rend when the pet is disconnected).
    The stomp phase for goloch lasts more than 10 seconds. Rend falls off, pet sits for more than 10 seconds (huge dps loss).
    Pet management has nothing to do with it, pet mechanics not working with the fight have to do with it.

If you have never used a build on a fight, don't talk like you have >.>

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

And I'm saying that your recommendations are wrong-- the fact that you can use Ranger on those fights does not mean that you should, since it's suboptimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    Ok let me explain this to you so you understand

Rend lasts 10 seconds (pet damage) your pet gives you an 8% damage buff whenever it crits (relies on rend when the pet is disconnected).
    The stomp phase for goloch lasts more than 10 seconds. Rend falls off, pet sits for more than 10 seconds (huge dps loss).
    Pet management has nothing to do with it, pet mechanics not working with the fight have to do with it.

If you have never used a build on a fight, don't talk like you have >.>
    You can melee during Baleful Smash as long as you are at max melee range (2.8-3.0m is safe from the inner smash) so park your pet when Goloch is positioned and it will still be able to hit. Spamming petattack will stop the pet from disengaging.

I don't advocate this because it's more trouble than it's worth and your dps will be much lower than assassin, but it should be possible.

And I'm saying that your recommendations are wrong-- the fact that you can use Ranger on those fights does not mean that you should, since it's suboptimal.
    Things you should know as a guide writer
    #1 Not everyone has the same skill level
    #2 Not everyone plays the way you do (right or wrong) nor at your skill level (good or bad)
    #3 Not everyone cares as much as you do.

The OP is asking for ranger and, after saying that ranger is a bad option, you continued to give a suggestion of a fight to use it. I do the same and you decide to argue? If what the OP wants to play is Ranger, he will play ranger whether thats one of the specs in your "signature" or not.

@Orangu
    You are a bit confused, let me see if I can make YOU understand. I dont Care. Im not the one that wants to play ranger so your arguments should be directed at the OP. The thread was about weapons used till Muspel redirected it to raid fight suggestions. I understand how ranger works but I dont use it so there's no point in your argument. I respect you as a rogue but your answer was misguided.

@Zazen
    nice that we still have rogues that can be creative to make fights more fun.

@All
    We're getting a few new players and this basic questions will come frequently. With us being the old and experienced, we have the responsibility to provide the answers in a way it can be digested by the new "born". Some people come here to be silly and just have fun and we must understand this before providing trying to help.
    Last edited by Gynxz; 05-28-2013 at 01:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast