+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: daggers for nightblade?

Soulwalker

Default daggers for nightblade?

I keep reading that one should use the weapons with the best dps since skills are normalized... but shouldn't NB use a pair of daggers ? since scourge of darkness would proc much faster and also weapon procs ? or not?

Procs only work on activated abilities and not on auto-attacks. Weapon attack speed is irrelevant.
    Nope.

Soulwalker

and scourge of darkness ? I have bought 2 daggers in ah and I feel i'm killing people much faster ( prolly due to SoD going off much faster..)

Quote Originally Posted by kabutozero View Post
    and scourge of darkness ? I have bought 2 daggers in ah and I feel i'm killing people much faster ( prolly due to SoD going off much faster..)
    You need to re-read what Primal wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    You need to re-read what Primal wrote.
    Auto-attacks do trigger Scourge of Darkness, actually. Although that's probably a bug.
    Last edited by Muspel; 05-24-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Soulwalker

Scourge of darkness is not a weapon proc... and it states on the tooltip clearly "next 10 weapon attacks " instead of "weapon ability attacks" like It says on the enchant skills..

Well .. it says so in the tooltip... so I dunno why it should be a bug , maybe its a reason to make daggers useful for NB?
    Last edited by kabutozero; 05-24-2013 at 10:36 AM.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

Scourge of Darkness is intended to be triggered by autoattacks. You will get a higher burst with fast weapons, but you are still limited by the number of triggers and the 30s cooldown.

Soulwalker

nice to see an official confirm ( although I thought it was obvious due to the tooltip) , so there is a reason to use faster weps then since sod is one of the biggest sources of damage for NB , and really with 5/5 blackout there are 25 procs to be used in 30 sec.... way too much for slow weapons..
    Last edited by kabutozero; 05-24-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kabutozero View Post
    nice to see an official confirm ( although I thought it was obvious due to the tooltip) , so there is a reason to use faster weps then since sod is one of the biggest sources of damage for NB , and really with 5/5 blackout there are 25 procs to be used in 30 sec.... way too much for slow weapons..
    No it's not. All your procs always finish if you're hitting something well before the CD has finished. It's mostly relevant for pvp but could increase your pve dps when a mob is near death. However the difference between dagger and sword autoattack is 0.3 seconds iirc and there are very few axes used by raiders. It's really a minor difference all round.
    Last edited by Zazen; 05-24-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Soulwalker

well ye since I'm a pvper at heart I always talk from a pvp standpoint :P , Usually i'm not long enough on a target for me to spend all charges before the cd refreshes and I don't even have full 5/5 blackout , I find myself doing better with a pair of daggers even when they have a bit lower dps than my former weapons

Just ran a quick test on a dummy unbuffed and it took 12 seconds to lose all 25 stacks using a dagger or sword in main hand.

+ Reply to Thread