+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about Nightblades and other rogue specs

Soulwalker

Default Question about Nightblades and other rogue specs

I'm trying to choose which greater essence should I equip. I have two choices one is every time i hit a spell attack there's a chance for XXX dmg while the other one is everytime i hit a physical attack.

Now I'm confused. I see my Nightblade as a Melee DPS and is thinking that my damages are physical attacks. Then I hovered to my skills to take a 2nd look and saw that almost all my skills have elements in them like fire and death. Does this mean all my skills are spells? and Should I gear up for spell power and int items to increase my DPS?

or even though my skills have elements on it they are still considered as physical attacks?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by xalaxiaz View Post
    I'm trying to choose which greater essence should I equip. I have two choices one is every time i hit a spell attack there's a chance for XXX dmg while the other one is everytime i hit a physical attack.

Now I'm confused. I see my Nightblade as a Melee DPS and is thinking that my damages are physical attacks. Then I hovered to my skills to take a 2nd look and saw that almost all my skills have elements in them like fire and death. Does this mean all my skills are spells? and Should I gear up for spell power and int items to increase my DPS?

or even though my skills have elements on it they are still considered as physical attacks?
    Technically it would be physical I think? not positive... But i can tell you to just equip a lesser in there with stats. It will give you more dps than the greaters will.
    \

even though nightblade abilities deal elemental damage they still get their stat modifiers from the same places as every other rogue soul.

This is the same with riftblade and tempest in the warrior calling.

Even though it is all elemental damage it still gets it's damage from Attack power and physical crit.
    SIDENOTE: these elemental attacks, however, do not benefit from things in the soul trees that increase physical damage, like murderous intent from the assassin tree. They do benefit from unstable state and scorth & wither from the nightblade souls, however. The vice versa is the same with physical attacks from souls like assassin not being effected by elemental damage increasing things. (except poisons and serpent strike which are elemental damage)
    Last edited by Orangu; 05-23-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Soulwalker

Alright thank you for the infos.

So lesser essences is better than greater ones? Im only level 19 so i think greater ones still benefits me more since the lesser ones only adds little stats

at your level yes go for greaters, but at about level 35 the lessers become much more valuable.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by xalaxiaz View Post
    Alright thank you for the infos.

So lesser essences is better than greater ones? Im only level 19 so i think greater ones still benefits me more since the lesser ones only adds little stats
    Stats > procs cuz they don't proc very frequently.

even though nightblade abilities deal elemental damage they still get their stat modifiers from the same places as every other rogue soul.

This is the same with riftblade and tempest in the warrior calling.

Even though it is all elemental damage it still gets it's damage from Attack power and physical crit.
    He is talking about a greater essence proc. Should he use the proc of spell or proc off physical abilities. I would assume, since we aren't casters it would be physical. Only mages and clerics are classified with soell attacks correct?
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    Stats > procs cuz they don't proc very frequently.

He is talking about a greater essence proc. Should he use the proc of spell or proc off physical abilities. I would assume, since we aren't casters it would be physical. Only mages and clerics are classified with soell attacks correct?
    that is correct although sometimes bard can proc them for some reason.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

+ Reply to Thread