+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 61 Tac / 7 Bard / 8 RS - Still viable for leveling?

Default 61 Tac / 7 Bard / 8 RS - Still viable for leveling?

Just curious as some of the stuff I was reading on this build was older. Thanks.

RIFT Guide Writer

If we nitpick then any build that requires you to be level 60 is not very good for leveling but in general tactician + 8 in RS works. Personally I think going further than 40 in tactician is a waste and the bard shouldn't be that necessary so I would go with Tact/MM/RS instead.

Could ya point me in the right direction? I cant seem to locate it, but I am probably just not seeing it

Bah since I cant edit my post I guess I should have clarified. Was looking for a Tactician leveling one, if there is even one anymore.

Soulwalker

here is a link to a tact/MM build. For leveling you want to put in 8 into RS as well and drop some from RS and Tact.
    http://www.riftscene.com/guides/clas...an-aoe-hybrid/

RIFT Guide Writer

I use this for soloing at level 60: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#T...5I/Akxxkgw/t8g

When leveling I'd drop the points mostly out of MM. It's been a while since I leveled my rogue though and I did it with BD/RS instead of tactician so I am not entirely sure how the balance between survivability and dps is with the green questing gear and how many mobs it can pull and kill.

I recently returned to the game and wanted to try out tactician on my 50 rogue, by dumb luck i stumbled into the bard/riftstalker points due to the seemingly good synergy, and then just bought stuff that seemed useful in tactician, with the aim of going full tactician.

I've not been disappointed, can easily handle multiple invasions and take out several quests mobs at a time even in just quest gear. Seems a versatile build with decent survivability and good aoe damage output (single target is a bit low though). May not be the most efficient build out there but I'm having fun levelling with it.
    Marleigh - Rogue - 36/20/20 Assassin/Riftstalker/Bladedancer
    Cyna - Mage - Necro/Elementalist
    Butch - Warrior - Warlord/Champion 'Perfect Solo'
    Harleigh - Cleric - Full Druid with a hint of Shaman
    Light Knights Multi Gaming Community

Soulwalker

leveled from 1-44 this week with tac/8rs/bard, it feels like the most ridiculously overpowered thing ever for the early levels, and still packs a wallop at 44.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by markww View Post
    I recently returned to the game and wanted to try out tactician on my 50 rogue, by dumb luck i stumbled into the bard/riftstalker points due to the seemingly good synergy, and then just bought stuff that seemed useful in tactician, with the aim of going full tactician.

I've not been disappointed, can easily handle multiple invasions and take out several quests mobs at a time even in just quest gear. Seems a versatile build with decent survivability and good aoe damage output (single target is a bit low though). May not be the most efficient build out there but I'm having fun levelling with it.
    Returning player here too after two years. Been trying various ranger builds but alas they all seem rather wimpy (currently 52.) Would you mind posting your build? I've resisting using the tactician soul as I've always pictured my ranger as, well, a ranger and not some dude using a flamethrower, but what can you do?
    Cognitive Dissonance
    If you leave a rat in a Skinner Box long enough, it begins to develop theories about the moral rightness of pressing levers and the personal failings of those with fewer pellets. It is somewhat less likely to develop theories that the box and levers are necessary or desirable, because the pragmatic importance of acquiring pellets is self-evident. -Zubon, Kill Ten Rats

+ Reply to Thread