+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Nightblade dps bug

uku
    Soulwalker

Default Nightblade dps bug

Theres a bug with Ignited Weapons being overwritten by other nightblades... Same concept of the old ranger rend bug if people remember that.

Basically if one nightblade hits a finisher to apply Ignited Weapons and then another nightblade hits his finisher any time before ignited weapons falls off it will be overwritten and only one rogue will get his ignited weapon hits.

I've reproduced this on the dummy as well as on world mobs and its happened every time, is anyone else having this issue?

RIFT Guide Writer

I can confirm this bug. Here's a screen shot of ACT parse: http://i.imgur.com/QAzZCz2.png

This is what happens when I spammed 1 point finishers and Adegard occasionally used a finisher to see how long his Ignited Weapons dot would last on the target. His only lasted 1-2 seconds which is when my next finisher hit. We also noticed that Ignited Weapons debuff icon actually flashes to 2 stacks when it gets overwritten for the other person, it doesn't do double damage though and immediately goes back to not showing stacks.

Rift Disciple

Bah not again.

Shoudl this not go into the Rogue Bug Thread?
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Ymirson View Post
    Shoudl this not go into the Rogue Bug Thread?
    It is there also and this bug is important enough to have its own thread. It might get lost in the bug thread and end up unaddressed there like some of the other bugs that have been reported.

RIFT Guide Writer

Bump for importance. This bug is seriously hurting our melee dps in raids.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

I'm aware of this bug and it is already fixed on PTS. It will go in with all the many other class changes for 2.3.

Will any of those many class changes be giving 61 NB the boost it needs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post
    I'm aware of this bug and it is already fixed on PTS. It will go in with all the many other class changes for 2.3.
    We get fixes almost every week... sometimes mid week for warriors. Why do we need to wait 3 weeks for a fix on such a valuable spec when it is already implemented in Live?

Quote Originally Posted by desaroth View Post
    Will any of those many class changes be giving 61 NB the boost it needs?
    goodness you don't give up do you? At least this time you posted on a NB thread.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

I have been thinking a bit about my last post and I can't wrap my brain around one thing. What is the issue? Oh please note the following just refers to NB/Sin vs"pure" NB. I get people who were miffed by Bloodstalker, Blinkblade, the Cleric Bolt & Jolt builds etc. These were builds that were no single soul...true hybrids for lack of a better term.

Nb/Sin however is not like these builds...it is more akin to 49 NB. You are still a NB, the core abilities that you so damage with (with the exception of back stab) are still NB. The rotation is little different when you factor in that additional abilities would just be slammed into existing macros.

Since it is not a question of a gimicked hybrid build, the rotation is ultimately the same etc. the only rationale to try and render this build sub par seems to be on principal that 61 builds should be better period end of story. This is an argument which by it's very nature is subjective. With all the balancing issues the game has, should dev resources be diverted from objectively messed up issues to subjective ones?
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post

Nb/Sin however is not like these builds...it is more akin to 49 NB. You are still a NB, the core abilities that you so damage with (with the exception of back stab) are still NB. The rotation is little different when you factor in that additional abilities would just be slammed into existing macros.
    Err what? You use Savage Strike and poisons, a substantial part of your damage is from assassin abilities.
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

Default Context please

Please if you are going to debate debate in context. The rotation...aka the feel is the same with the exception of adding in puncture. This is the key thing about the souls. Not the performance but how they feel as they perform.

If you were to set up the macros and hide what buffs were up, barring puncture and refreshing spike after SoD the player would not be able to tell the difference in a raid. He would be hitting largely the same buttons in the same order, for all practical purposes the play style is unaltered. As I said I get other issues. BS played like BS, same with Bolt and Jolt etc. NB/Sin in terms of button pushing plays like NB so the argument seems to boil down to "ZOMG I can't use Dark descent..." which with all the real issues rogues have when compared to other callings seems minor. Maybe I am a little overly anal retntive but I have always felt that objective problems should be prioritized above subjective issues.

Please if you are going to debate debate in context. The rotation...aka the feel is the same with the exception of adding in puncture. This is the key thing about the souls. Not the performance but how they feel as they perform.

If you were to set up the macros and hide what buffs were up, barring puncture and refreshing spike after SoD the player would not be able to tell the difference in a raid. He would be hitting largely the same buttons in the same order, for all practical purposes the play style is unaltered. As I said I get other issues. BS played like BS, same with Bolt and Jolt etc. NB/Sin in terms of button pushing plays like NB so the argument seems to boil down to "ZOMG I can't use Dark descent..." which with all the real issues rogues have when compared to other callings seems minor. Maybe I am a little overly anal retntive but I have always felt that objective problems should be prioritized above subjective issues.
    I don't think you've ever played 61NB. The playstyle is noticeably different-- for instance, the lower energy consumption means that Dusk Strike usage changes a lot compared to NB-Sin.

There are certainly similarities between the two rotations, but I'd never call them the same.

goodness you don't give up do you? At least this time you posted on a NB thread.
    The truth is that I have always loved playing pure NB. The more min/maxing with energy consumption, the added utility cooldowns. The fact that i want my favorite spec to be competitive bothers u how?

I've played this game for 2 years and if u look at my post history its like a handful. I only talk about things that i truly would like to see changed for every ones benefit. To bring 61 NB to par wouldn't even take much so its not gonna divert the devs workload to the point they cant finish there other projects.

You talk about how i should get the hint because the developers haven't said anything so there not going to do anything. Over the course of this game there have been so many fixes i can't even count where nothing is said and just done. So I still have hope.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast