+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Easy and yet great dps melee rogue spec

Soulwalker

Default Easy and yet great dps melee rogue spec

I am new to this game and just started playing 3days ago I tried every class and find rogue the most fun class to play

I started by following the 61marksman guide and having a blast using it. The problem is that people are saying that tactician is the best ranged dps at the moment. I dont like the mechanics of tactician spec because of it's channeling skills I always run out of energy.

So Im thinking of going for a melee dps gameplay.

What is the most suitable melee dps spec of rogue calling for a newbie like me? Probably a spec that doesnt punish you that much when you disconnect? (I am really new to this game so i dont know the mechanics of most dungeons and raids and I read that going melee in end game dungeons is pretty punishing for noobs)

Is there a melee spec wherein I do great dps and still have many rooms for errors like disconnecting or not being able to avoid the attacks of boses and still live?

RIFT Guide Writer

You are looking for the NB/Sin spec, it's very friendly with disconnects. You can also try 61 NB but it's lower dps.

Quote Originally Posted by xalaxiaz View Post
    I started by following the 61marksman guide and having a blast using it. The problem is that people are saying that tactician is the best ranged dps at the moment. I dont like the mechanics of tactician spec because of it's channeling skills I always run out of energy.
    Tactician is not higher DPS than Marksman, unless you're dealing with multiple targets. Any posts that talk about it doing more ST DPS are from before torrent clipping was nerfed.
    Last edited by Muspel; 05-20-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Soulwalker

Oh I see, I have marksman in my spec choices and I do love your build I've been following it. but sometimes I get bored killing things from afar and want to take it up close xD

So I'm LF a GREAT DPS melee spec that is noob friendly ( noob friendly meaning it's not very punishing if I keep on suffering from disconnects from bosses or other mobs and also the survivability of solo questing and rifting is great.) Also that it's not very much hard to use in dungeon runs and raids

Gery said it all, Nightblade/Assassin is what you're looking for.
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

Soulwalker

Alright does the NB-Sin spec easy to solo level as well?

I've seen many guides but most of the guides are saying the spec only shines when you're 50+ and I'm only level 14 atm )

Rift Disciple

When I leveled back in the day, I did not have a whole lot of fun with melee specs. They just felt squishy. I did ranger until about 35 - It plays an awful lot like a wow hunter -, then switched to a bladedancer/assassin spec. With the addition of Tactician and the 4pt Curative Engine and Boosted Recovery in Riftstalker, a melee build is most likely much more viable early. Those 12 points are essential.

Your real choice is which tree to go up after you have those 12 points spent. It's mostly a flavor thing. Assassin is your "traditional" rogue. Bladedancer is more in your face. Nightblade is a bit of a cross between the two with a bit more flair (They make the rogue thing look good).

+ Reply to Thread