+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Question

Shadowlander

Default Rogue Question

I have a 43 Assassin (Guardian) and a Level 60 of my Guild invited me to a raid yesterday. He told me my DPS was less than optimum.

My replay was that I felt so too since Defiant, and/or, Guardian type Rogue could kill me within a few milliseconds even a couple of levels lower than me and for the record, I 99% PVP, which is what an Assassin spec is for, in my understanding.

The same Guild member expressed the fact that the other style Rogues were awesome and I made a new one and have him up to 27 now. But I am asking what experienced players feel about what spec. After getting some Tactician skill with this new guy, I loved that in PVP from level 10 to say 20 and although I still do more damage in the mid to upper 20s than I have ever done with my 53 Mage and 43 Assassin, I tend to be bait for 2 to 4 of the other side blitzing on me and taking me out.

Nightblade is my main spec but that Tactician is very compelling. The other speck is the Bladedancer with this character. Any successful and experienced players what to point me in a direction that they like? Using those flames has been very appealing to me, with only three main Tactiician traits but targets me, very quickly..

You know you didnt need to reroll another rogue just to play tactician - you can swap between different souls like assassin and tactician.
    <Condemned> - 4/4 ToDQ, 4/4 FT, 5/5 EE

Shadowlander

Default Thanks for the response to my Rogue Question Jurugar Juruga

Yes,

I understand I can go to a trainer and change spec. Personally, I feel the stealth ability is better for the Assassin but, being able to deal Mega damage as the Tactician is very appealing. So, you obviously know a bit more than me but I guess I am seeking advice. My Assassin get call a pet but that rarely works well since it it 10 levels lower.

Would it work better in PVE - my assumption is yes but PVP, which is what I primarly partake in, I find it useless. Not only because my pet gets killed quickly but I kill the my opponent's pet very quickly'

I also found recently that I got this character to 29, opponents have more "ummph" when it comes to using their Tactician skills then my primarily NightBlade guy.

Just again, looking for expereinced players advice.

Forgive the spellling errors - I corrected a few but am too tired to go back and proof read it all.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Urvon View Post
    Yes,

I understand I can go to a trainer and change spec. Personally, I feel the stealth ability is better for the Assassin but, being able to deal Mega damage as the Tactician is very appealing. So, you obviously know a bit more than me but I guess I am seeking advice. My Assassin get call a pet but that rarely works well since it it 10 levels lower.

Would it work better in PVE - my assumption is yes but PVP, which is what I primarly partake in, I find it useless. Not only because my pet gets killed quickly but I kill the my opponent's pet very quickly'

I also found recently that I got this character to 29, opponents have more "ummph" when it comes to using their Tactician skills then my primarily NightBlade guy.

By the way, have you checked out the Rogue Guide threads in the forum. There are great builds, rotations and macros there.

Just again, looking for expereinced players advice.

Forgive the spellling errors - I corrected a few but am too tired to go back and proof read it all.

Cheers
    I think you don't quite understand. Yes, you can change specs but also you can purchase another role that you can spec. Most players will carry at least 3/4 roles with different specs. You can have up to 6 roles each with their own specs. The price goes up for each role. The 1st two and very affordable.

Most rogues players have a support role ie Bard/combo, tank: Riftstalker/combo, range dps: Hunter or Ranger, melee dps, Nightblade, Bladedancer, Assassin...

I don't understand why you would want to re-roll another toon just to change specs.
    I do have multiple Rogues but that's more of a racial/faction thing.

When you press "N" for your talent trees, you should see slots at the bottom. Those are the roles that you have or not.

Hope this clarifies what I'm not understanding in your posts.

Btw, have you checked Rogues Guide threads. Great information there.
    Last edited by Ynrapbag; 05-19-2013 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Added more

+ Reply to Thread