+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger Pet Level Restrictions Question

Default Ranger Pet Level Restrictions Question

So back in the day, last time i played, ranger pets had a set level cap. Now from what i hear, the base skill has a level cap of 30 at 24 poitns in for greater razor and wolf.

Ive read the more points int he ranger soul the higher the level cap becomes but i cannot verify this.

My question is, are the greater razorbeast and greater dire wolf capped at lvl 30 with 24 points put into ranger soul? And if they are, how many points does it take to raise the level?

This makes Sub Soul ranger useless if the pet is capped at low levels. I dont know why trion would make it so you had to throw all your poitns int he soul to level the pets. I liked my Sub Ranger builds.

RIFT Guide Writer

Greater Razorbeast, Greater Direwolf and Blood Raptor scale to your level, they are not capped.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimaOX View Post
    So back in the day, last time i played, ranger pets had a set level cap. Now from what i hear, the base skill has a level cap of 30 at 24 poitns in for greater razor and wolf.

Ive read the more points int he ranger soul the higher the level cap becomes but i cannot verify this.

My question is, are the greater razorbeast and greater dire wolf capped at lvl 30 with 24 points put into ranger soul? And if they are, how many points does it take to raise the level?

This makes Sub Soul ranger useless if the pet is capped at low levels. I dont know why trion would make it so you had to throw all your poitns int he soul to level the pets. I liked my Sub Ranger builds.
    Ranger is a pet class, if you want to maximize the pet... maximize the soul. Ranger is a great sub soul but it just doesn't rely on the pets when used that way. You get a Lot of benefits from a few points in ranger just dont get the token of the class. Its like asking for perma stealth and slip away from sin with only 5 points in the soul.

The more invested you are in a sou the more you get from it. Like you said, you want it as a sub soul, so you will get a "sub" use. Once you are invested enough for the greater pets, they will get to lvl 60 with you.

+ Reply to Thread