+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New player, having major problems with rogue.

Soulwalker

Default New player, having major problems with rogue.

Well, I've been building Blade Dancer/Assassin/NightBlade combination, in an attempt to create WoW-like rogue, mainly going into assassin tree.

Now, my problem is, when I'm in PvP, my stuns are constantly getting the "Immune" message when I use them, it's not even funny.

My "Foul Play" to be specific, it's like it doesn't work at all, every time I use it, I get "immune". Does stunlocking even work in this game?

Also "Blinding Powder", people are also immune to it, frequently. Also, regarding Blinding Powder, if I blind a person, and no one's attacking me, can I get out of combat and re-stealth? I tried it with a mob, but it didn't work, wondering if it works in PvP.

Then, my stealth, sometimes...like, I have improved stealth (infinite stealth, until canceled) , and Silent Footsteps, so I'm moving at 30% faster in stealth to normal 100% movement speed, and it's harder to detect me by 30%. However, sometimes people shoot at me while I'm in stealth, and miles away from them. Like, I stealth on a respawn point, and I walk into the battlefield all the way from the base in stealth, and suddenly, someone starts shooting directly at me. It's not aoe, it's just, directly at me. What's up with that, do some people have stealth detection abilities?

My guess was that there are many skills that grant you immunity to stuns, which makes me think that ranged classes have big advantage in PvP in this game, and I don't mind, I'll just switch over to ranged myself.

But before I go on and do that, I need to know if assassin gets better later on, will I ever be able to stunlock someone?

Also, another thing, what's up with those shields people put up, the healers have them, it's impossible to break through.

I'm level 25, and most of my gear is blue from doing dungeons and random pvp, and even buying pvp items at the vendor, so I know i'm fine when it comes to gear, but you can't do anything with assassin at this level in PvP. I mean, it's group PvP, so it could be that, but...I don't know.

It's mainly this immunity to stuns by everyone that bothers me. If someone can explain all this to me, I'd be very grateful.

You can't stunlock people, there are diminishing returns on CC abilities to prevent exactly that. While stunlocking someone is fun, being stunlocked sure as hell isn't.

People seeing through your stealth is probably level related, players and mobs higher level than you have increased stealth detection.

I can't go into specifics of CC and Stealth mechanics too much because I don't play Rogue or PvP a whole lot.
    Nope.

Soulwalker

I guess this class is completely pointless and underpowered then. I'll go for a sharpshooter then, I guess, or maybe a saboteur, I had fun with those bombs. Thanks for a quick reply.
    Last edited by Skygrinder; 05-18-2013 at 12:50 AM.

If you go after a person who is alone and hasn't been CC'd in 15 seocnds, you will be able to do a full stunlock of around 5 seconds. Diminishing returns on CC's are shared almost all across the souls. Not every soul is intended ot be used in group play, unless you want to hunt healers in the back row.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygrinder View Post
    Well, I've been building Blade Dancer/Assassin/NightBlade combination, in an attempt to create WoW-like rogue, mainly going into assassin tree.

Now, my problem is, when I'm in PvP, my stuns are constantly getting the "Immune" message when I use them, it's not even funny.

My "Foul Play" to be specific, it's like it doesn't work at all, every time I use it, I get "immune". Does stunlocking even work in this game?

Also "Blinding Powder", people are also immune to it, frequently. Also, regarding Blinding Powder, if I blind a person, and no one's attacking me, can I get out of combat and re-stealth? I tried it with a mob, but it didn't work, wondering if it works in PvP.

Then, my stealth, sometimes...like, I have improved stealth (infinite stealth, until canceled) , and Silent Footsteps, so I'm moving at 30% faster in stealth to normal 100% movement speed, and it's harder to detect me by 30%. However, sometimes people shoot at me while I'm in stealth, and miles away from them. Like, I stealth on a respawn point, and I walk into the battlefield all the way from the base in stealth, and suddenly, someone starts shooting directly at me. It's not aoe, it's just, directly at me. What's up with that, do some people have stealth detection abilities?

My guess was that there are many skills that grant you immunity to stuns, which makes me think that ranged classes have big advantage in PvP in this game, and I don't mind, I'll just switch over to ranged myself.

But before I go on and do that, I need to know if assassin gets better later on, will I ever be able to stunlock someone?

Also, another thing, what's up with those shields people put up, the healers have them, it's impossible to break through.

I'm level 25, and most of my gear is blue from doing dungeons and random pvp, and even buying pvp items at the vendor, so I know i'm fine when it comes to gear, but you can't do anything with assassin at this level in PvP. I mean, it's group PvP, so it could be that, but...I don't know.

It's mainly this immunity to stuns by everyone that bothers me. If someone can explain all this to me, I'd be very grateful.
    PvP is very imbalanced at lower levels. Actually pretty much they make it obvious with the level differences. My suggestion to you is to go bard. It is the best soul throughout all the levels. This doesn't mean that MM is not good or sin isn't at certain levels but sticking with a bard is pretty much the only spec that is nearly always good to play regardless what level you are.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 05-18-2013 at 04:36 AM.

Ascendant

I guess this class is completely pointless and underpowered then. I'll go for a sharpshooter then, I guess, or maybe a saboteur, I had fun with those bombs. Thanks for a quick reply.
    assasin is best spec for 1on1
    nb/rs is a good melee spec for group pvp
    mm/ranger is good range spec for small scale pvp
    tact/ranger is good spec for mass pvp.

roque overall is one of the best if not the best pvp class in this game.

on your imune problem:
    on the right side of your enemies healthbar (in world) you can see if he is imune (top one is imune against spells, beyond movement cc imune) it begins to blink when imunity wears off. time your cc properly and you will have a very powerful tool.

the rule is that: imunity will be granted for the time your cc (or any other cc) was on your target. (there is no DR anymore btw.).
    Last edited by Antigonos; 05-18-2013 at 04:45 AM.

I wasnt gonna say anything about your original post, but now I kind of have to.

You are level 25. Stop making sweeping generalizations about how the game works.
    <Condemned> - 4/4 ToDQ, 4/4 FT, 5/5 EE

+ Reply to Thread