+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Storm Legion questions

Soulwalker

Default Storm Legion questions

Hey, i am coming back after a 2 year break (left a few months after release). Leveling a rogue through SL content (currently in Camp Jule) and have some questions:

1. Planar attunement - i already have 12 points and wondering the best place to spend the points while leveling from 50-60? I assume you can respec this later? I am using the 61 Tact/7 Bard/8 RS build if that makes a difference.

2. Empyrean sourcestones - is it best to keep these for later or spend them on gear now as i level? If spending is a good idea now, what is it best to spend on given i have gear from 2 years ago except for a few quest rewards from SL (158 dps gun being the best thing so far).

3. Is the fastest/most efficient way to level via questing, dungeons or instant adventures? Or some combo of all? I have no interest in PvP.

Any other advice appreciated. Thanks!

1. You can respec Planar Attunement, but there's no real reason to. You'll eventually max it out. Start with the Planar Charge Max increases on the first tier of each element, then focus on either Air or Water, whichever one matches the weapons you're using. (If you're planning to tank, focus on Earth and Life instead.)

2. Spend them. They don't really have any use at max level, other than buying some fairly weak essences, and you'll have more than enough by then anyways.

3. Quests are, in my experience, the fastest way to level, but dungeons can be nice to break the tedium and get some blue gear. Be sure to do most of the Carnage quests or you'll fall behind the zones in level, and fighting mobs that are higher level than you will hurt a lot, especially when you use a squishy build like Tactician.

Foothold farming > Questing, but availability is pretty much limited to zone events.

And the best bang for your buck for those emp. stones are the lv 56 essences. They're a smidge better than the green lv 60 ones, and are likely your stopgap essences before you start acquiring lv 60 purple essences to replace them with.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 05-17-2013 at 02:52 PM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Foothold farming > Questing, but availability is pretty much limited to zone events.
    Didn't they heavily nerf Foothold experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Didn't they heavily nerf Foothold experience?
    Yes and no.

They took away half the xp ... from the max level footholds

I'm pretty sure I've gotten the 17k from some event spawned footholds in non-60 zones, though I haven't actually gone and tried to pinpoint them.

But regardless, popping footholds still gets you more xp/hr than questing, assuming they're all over the map like they are during events.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Spurloc View Post
    3. Is the fastest/most efficient way to level via questing, dungeons or instant adventures? Or some combo of all? I have no interest in PvP.

Any other advice appreciated. Thanks!
    The fastest way is to attach yourself to a great hunt rift group and leech away. For this, I'd suggest bard because Coda of Cowardice and Distress are AoEs with no max, so you can get a tap everything. You need to be careful when the Planarchs come out though they all seem to have an unavoidable "Hi! You're dead!" mechanic. As a bonus you get a very good headstart on Torvan rep.

For PA, up through about Prestige Rank 40, PvP is the quickest and easiest way to get points. For spending them, blue and red hexes (stats and weapons) are the best. I'd recommend picking ranged weapon bonuses first - they are weapon agnostic and you always have one equipped. Additionally, picking up Cleanse Soul from the pvp tree is not a bad idea. I have found it handy at times in pve.

Soulwalker

Thanks for all the info. What exactly are great hunt rift groups and how i do get in/queue for them? I don't see them in the LFD so assume this is something you have to buy lures for?

You just need to throw all your dignity away, ask for a port or run to Ashora yourself and join a public group (you get a clickable button at the top of your screen if a public group is near) participating in a great hut rift and then you get reputation, XP and possibly even loot for your great contribution (hint, this is sarcasm). Maybe your guild or other friends of yours are willing to boost you somewhere you are not yet supposed to be, but forcing yourself unto others without asking permission is remotely like riding the bus without a ticket. Or driving the bus without a license.
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ymirson View Post
    Maybe your guild or other friends of yours are willing to boost you somewhere you are not yet supposed to be, but forcing yourself unto others without asking permission is remotely like riding the bus without a ticket. Or driving the bus without a license.
    The boosting thing doesn't really work post 50. That's for sub 50.

The only reason to join a group is if the hunt party is doing the cross shard thing and you need the port. Otherwise, you can just stay out of the group and bard your way to xp and faction.

Anyway, for the GHR route, you are really going to want a set of 50+ greens just for the endurance bonuses. Getting into Ashora is not that difficult. I usually just ride to the north end of City Core, head into Kingsward then just hang a right into Ashora through the breech in the wall just past the giant castle thing. Be sure to get the achievement for jumping off the top of the castle as you go by.

I forgot to recommend that you do some pvp at 54 and again at 57. That's when the reward chests top out for each bracket. Depending on how you do and your luck with the boxes, you can get a full set of decent blues that will make the whole thing easier.

+ Reply to Thread