+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: "Teleporting Assassin" A.K.A. Night Crawler...

Default "Teleporting Assassin" A.K.A. Night Crawler...

Having returned in January from a lengthy hiatus, I spent an afternoon swapping out all sub-classes and taking notes of what levels were required for certain key abilities that seem to augment masterfully. Strictly speaking for melee heavy, I made this build. I'm certain it's been conceived and rehashed in many fashions but this is my take on it.

<a href="http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMTMwlcVzku0f00bvlsooG0RdxRgoz">Riftstalker (32) / Assassin (44) / Marksman (0)</a>

The strength of this being obvious I think, what it lacks of more concentrated direct and passive abilities from further investment into Assassin, it compensates in supreme mobility and boosting crit and damage with *very* decent up time I think (anywhere from 30-40 seconds in a minute if in the "flow").

I chose Marks as the third tree for increased mobility and a means to do at least some range if my opponent consistently succeeds in evading and stalling me.

Using this build in the proper mind set, I am porting between foes left and right, stun-locking, bursting and porting to safety if need be for any reason.

It works, very well in my experience. Granted I lack a third poison, panic button AOE confuse and strong single poison attack; however boosting/sustaining crit and damage to currently 45% combined with my maintain ability to burst quite sufficiently, it seems highly effective and versatile when needed.

Use it well ^_^
    ~ Please refrain from utilizing logical fallacies ~ http://www.logicalfallacies.info/ ~

I'm a bit confused. What is this build for?

If it's for PvP, you should put 2 points into Marksman so that you have a ranged finisher. If it's for dungeons, then it's going to do far less damage than a pure DPS spec. And unfortunately, it's not going to do so well at soloing due to the weak AoE and the lack of Curative Engine.

Also, as a quick tip: to link something, you have to use [ url ] tags, not HTML tags.
    Last edited by Muspel; 05-16-2013 at 09:42 PM.

It'll probably do just fine soloing.

Just wouldn't do as well as specs with 4 or more points in tact.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Understood, thank you for the tip on linking builds.

Concerning its intended application: I use this build for PvP to satisfying results, and though dropping Physical Trauma for two in Marks to allow a finisher would strengthen RDPS, it has a cast time and I do far more damage up close and with crit/dmg boosts, etc. The point here is have at least something so he or she isn't hightailing with no damage at their back, long enough for a CD to pop and close the distance, blow any applicable CDs (typically at this point with the time for brief chase), start a stun rotation, etc, and the rest follow suit.

For PvE dungeons... indeed this does compete in terms of damage and is not meant for it, for which I've other builds that suffice I believe.
    ~ Please refrain from utilizing logical fallacies ~ http://www.logicalfallacies.info/ ~

I slipped and omitted dropping "Advanced Flanking" in addition to "Physical Trauma" to obtain a Marks finisher, apologies. Such a thing though would quite likely be noted in combat if I'm losing 50% crit from stealth attacks >.>

Apparently I misread, again... so the previously mentioned switch could work if I were to accept lessening my bleed damage. I suppose it's circumstantial the environment and such, but that extra boost in range utility would be useful when needed.

Per the comment(s) on Tacts, I intentionally wanted to construct a build without it for various reasons, for clarification there.

Also a bit awkward being unable to edit my posts past a point, coming from the perspective of a moderator on other websites >.>
    Last edited by BakaNeko; 05-16-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BakaNeko View Post
    Also a bit awkward being unable to edit my posts past a point, coming from the perspective of a moderator on other websites >.>
    ikr

To a point I guess having a ranged finisher wouldn't especially make a difference, since you're running RS. Hasted Time plus the four Teleports would probably make it kind of hard to get away from you in the first place. Seems like an interesting idea, kind of like the teleporting archer Trion had in an advert years back, but with an actual purpose for it's enemy-targeted ports.
    Last edited by Lorx; 05-17-2013 at 01:08 AM.
    Epic Gendo

You have a lot of points in the wrong place, especially when it comes to pvp. Try this out, it's a lot more well rounded and includes the ranged finisher like Muspel mentioned.

The reason you don't put points into toughened soul is because armor is meaningless in pvp, edurance is what matters. Cruel vengence and backstab are a must for you dps, the crit isn't worth it. This is coming from an experienced pvper.

Ryoki@Greybrier

edit: You could move around 2 points, 1 out of rift prison and 1 out of planar boost for enduring brew and blinding powder for more survivability. Running rift prison and blinding power makes it so that you can takes on groups 4 to 1 at a time haha
    Last edited by Delmlord; 05-17-2013 at 04:05 AM.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    this out
    Make that this, 1 point out of place lol

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

though dropping Physical Trauma for two in Marks to allow a finisher would strengthen RDPS, it has a cast time and I do far more damage up close and with crit/dmg boosts, etc.
    Hasted Shot does not have a cast time. You do more damage up close, but sometimes you're not up close.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Hasted Shot does not have a cast time. You do more damage up close, but sometimes you're not up close.
    My post two below this, because I could not edit the post in question with the unnecessarily~ short time limit, rectified this inaccuracy. Why point out what has been corrected?

Regardless (and I do appreciate the annotation if not malicious, as I tend to accept factually that indeed everyone is taking into account all factors at all times with potential ulterior motive or some measure of ill-consideration), further then is to reiterate the point is not to have even a viable source of RDPS as needed, but any damage period while my CDs refresh to close the gap and finish the job. Marks serves well I believe in that each hit provides a speed boost in addition to On the Double.

One thing I see now is, for whatever reason, thinking Planar Boost required CP above the 5th rather than producing the 5th in addition to over it. That does the seem, bearing wrong and right points anywhere being subjective, the obvious choice given that both DPS and hit&run is what I use well in practice and that enhanced armor for such a style seems somewhat wasted.

Something to point out from the suggested build, Delmlord, aside stating wrong or right point placement relativity, etc: I would rather drop two points and place somewhere in RS to retain Flashback and Memory Capture. While moving some points within Assassin around to promote more constant damage over higher crit is something I intend to experiment with, this build is most definitely not used as optimal damage but rather for mobility like I mentioned for hit&run.

It's intended as a niche build, not optimum damage and survival per a variance of scenarios. "Especially when it comes to PvP", bearing that is the sole purpose, part of the fun at least personally is the the mass teleportation and hitting from many sides.

One on one, I imagine many ways this might diminish my odds against a seasoned player versed in fighting Rogues. But in WFs where typically the mentality seems to shift more to at least subconsciously taking some comfort in numbers, as opposed to relying on your own devices, I believe it sees optimum performance.

For neglecting to specify this build wasn't designed for serious and single competition, but rather for enjoyment with high mobility and burst, I do apologize for any confusion.

I think it foolish to disregard advice from others on these matters, as it seems we can all learn and improve, especially myself considering my lengthy absence and unpolished tactile.

Thank you everyone for the input ^_^

Rift Disciple

Have tried similar sin/rs build from Ryoki before. The problem is that ur burst dmg is not enough to take down ppl in 1vs1 quickly enough and soon u will have companies. With slip away and flashback u have very good survival ability and that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spatakus View Post
    Have tried similar sin/rs build from Ryoki before. The problem is that ur burst dmg is not enough to take down ppl in 1vs1 quickly enough and soon u will have companies. With slip away and flashback u have very good survival ability and that's all.
    Well the key is keeping up stalker phase 100% of the time with teleports, it can keep up and kill people easily even up to 4 v 1 because of it's tankiness and cc. It can dish out a good amount of damage. It's the same reason why rs isn't really for mobility because you need to keep teleporting to do damage and then there's using rift stalk to break out of cc so really it isn't best to only use them as a gap closer but to use swift shot and on the double instead.

I get flashback working in a 44/32 nb build but I found it awkward to use in warfronts for sin. Half the time I'm not near it when I needed it and the other half I end up dying to dots or using it too early. It's just part of picking the right fights to get into. Not having a ranged finisher and not timing your teleports to keep up stalker phase means you lose the dmg from the entire build and people will be able to get away with a sliver of health/ kite you in circles.

I have a separate NB primary build for DPS, haven't tried mixing with RS for PvP yet... might look into that but with more emphasis on the points mentioned on mitigation and and such

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

My post two below this, because I could not edit the post in question with the unnecessarily~ short time limit, rectified this inaccuracy. Why point out what has been corrected?
    Because you never corrected it. I just read all your posts again, which was a 2nd waste of my time. I guess I've been trolled?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast