+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning Player looking to level mostly by PVP

Default Returning Player looking to level mostly by PVP

Greetings all,

I am just getting back into Rift after a good year or so break. I have a lvl 50 cleric and mage, but looking to level a rogue this time. Anyone have any suggestions on a decent pvp build to level up with?

Thanks
    Last edited by Reain; 05-14-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reain View Post
    Greetings all,

I am just getting back into Rift after a good year or so break. I have a lvl 50 cleric and mage, but looking to level a rogue this time. Anyone have any suggestions on a decent pvp build to level up with?

Thanks
    After playing around a bit I've decided to try a bard support role and a MM DPS role. I was thinking about going bard and tach for support is that viable strarting around lvl 20ish. Or is there a better option?

For my DPS role, I enjoy ranged combat so I've made a MM/ranger spec, that seems to be going ok for the most part.
    Last edited by Reain; 05-15-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Bard is ALWAYS a viable option!

I leveled my rogue in warfronts, but way back then I did it as a ranger. I think you just need to find something you enjoy playing and go for it.

I always feel useful to the 'team' on my bard. It just depends on your style of play.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Bard is ALWAYS a viable option!

I leveled my rogue in warfronts, but way back then I did it as a ranger. I think you just need to find something you enjoy playing and go for it.

I always feel useful to the 'team' on my bard. It just depends on your style of play.
    Hi Charlice,

Thanks. I think I am level 16 so I obviously don't have a lot of abilities yet. I guess what I would like to know is this, Which would be the most optimal to build up first the bard or tach soul?

you can kinda level in wf's now, at 60, conquest and wf dailies are good for PA exp so i assume doing daily WF's you'd get decent xp. and blue item rewards.

tacman is great for pvp.. farming... dungeons... raids... read the tac thread and come up with a toned down lowbie version if possible. its an aoe spec, and at low levels healers may not be able to handle that kind of damage, or not even care to.

if you want single target to burn people down depending on your latency, nightblade is awesome for melee with GOOD latency (you need to be able to respond fast) if not a range spec would be good. to help finish off low hp targets, harass healers etc.
    Last edited by Hodor; 05-15-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Plane Touched

I found the best build from 10-39 is full tactician with the remainder of your soul points spent in Bard. Play it as support. Use Emp Bolt + Restorative Engine. Keep Curative Core on CD. Use Curative Blast as needed when you get it. You can run around spamming torrents but you will lose a lot of games if that is all you do. Support heals are often more important.

From 40+ I suggest changing to bard for support. The main reason is that bard is something of a late bloomer. Tactician blows it out of the water at lower levels. By level 40 though it starts to come into its own. The time to kill increases, allowing you to actually make use of your abilities. People have enough stats for your buffs to matter. Etc.

Marksman gets really good 41+ as well. Given that Sentinels become borderline unkillable in the 40's bracket, having a MM spec is a good idea, as it is their counter soul. Use eradicate on CD and deaden them when they try to cast Crucial or Healing Invocation. It may be hard to kill healers but you can put them on the defensive, which allows your team to kill other people, if they are not also attacking the cleric (which they should be).

Once you hit 50 you can pretty much alternate between Bard and MM as your primary two specs, though I recommend some sort of survival spec as your third, to carry objectives. I find using a RS hybrid works especially well in Karthan Ridge, as you will get hammered if you pick up a stone.

Another thing to note: You do not need to buy any gear for the 50's bracket. Your are automatically normalized to have the same stats as the PVP gear you can buy. You only benefit from the source machine (the thing you can plug the essences into), the seal, and enchants. So if you want you can pick up four pieces of gear for the seal -- get whatever is cheapest or you like the look of best. Otherwise, you can save most of your favor for level 60 gear, if you want it.

Enchant your gear if you can though. Makes a pretty huge difference.

Thanks for the info you all. Greatly Appreciated

+ Reply to Thread