+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Time for guide re-write

Default Time for guide re-write

Get ready for F2P people,

while "Patrons" (people who pay for the game) will pretty much play as they always have, the f2p people will not be able to use the expansion souls Tempest, Harbinger, Defiler and Tactician.

so.. this may mean some slight segregation of guides to account for the difference in f2p and "Patrons"

RIFT Guide Writer

This isn't entirely accurate. The souls are not given by the patron status, they are permanent unlocks for buying Storm Legion expansion which at the moment can also be unlocked with Raptr without paying anything. That offer only lasts 40 more days though so we'll see if some method remains to unlock those souls for free.

After it goes F2P you'll be able to get the expansion souls from the store from what I could tell. The same with upcoming "premium" souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    while "Patrons" (people who pay for the game) will pretty much play as they always have, the f2p people will not be able to use the expansion souls Tempest, Harbinger, Defiler and Tactician.
    What do I get for purchasing the original RIFT box and the Storm Legion expansion?

Both the RIFT and Storm Legion products grant permanent unlocks to your account. Owning the base game will open extra character and bag slots, while Storm Legion will unlock the expansion Souls (Harbinger, Tempest, Tactician, and Defiler).
    And since a self-written quote doesn't count as a "reply", this is simply filler text.
    Tencharacters.

Get ready for F2P people,

so.. this may mean some slight segregation of guides to account for the difference in f2p and "Patrons"
    Didn't you ragequit and give away your account?

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Didn't you ragequit and give away your account?
    lawl.. I still play many games, (usually upcoming ones, beta/alpha) and crawl through their forums.. and ragequit is a an overstatement. Dissatisfied with certain "proposed" changes at times? yes.. thankfully not all of them went through. We all know things can change in the blink of an eye, while I lean in one direction, I tend to sit on the fence a bit ready to go either way.

(hope to see you in eso, it's looking good)

lawl.. I still play many games, (usually upcoming ones, beta/alpha) and crawl through their forums.. and ragequit is a an overstatement. Dissatisfied with certain "proposed" changes at times? yes.. thankfully not all of them went through. We all know things can change in the blink of an eye, while I lean in one direction, I tend to sit on the fence a bit ready to go either way.
    Yeah, "I quit, who wants my account" is a very moderate, fence-sitting position.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Didn't you ragequit...
    I thought that's what you did from your previous guild so you could get carried through Regy. :P

On topic:

Maybe. Specs that rely primarily on a SL soul would be unplayable but alternatives could be provided for specs that use 1-15 points into SL souls. In any case, the game is free to get right now so not a big deal.
    Last edited by Gynxz; 05-14-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gynxz View Post
    I thought that's what you did from your previous guild so you could get carried through Regy. :P
    Nah, if it were a ragequit, I wouldn't have given two weeks notice.

So...

the only guides that would have to be rewritten, or have asterisks placed next to them, are the ones that involve tacticians (for us rogues anyway.)

That's what? Tactman, 61 tact (anyone actually use this?) and the sideshow discussion of tact as a tank subsoul?

Maybe some leveling guides, since 4 point tact is pure gold for leveling.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Ascendant

It is funny how people don't like reading.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    So...

the only guides that would have to be rewritten, or have asterisks placed next to them, are the ones that involve tacticians (for us rogues anyway.)

That's what? Tactman, 61 tact (anyone actually use this?) and the sideshow discussion of tact as a tank subsoul?

Maybe some leveling guides, since 4 point tact is pure gold for leveling.
    Guess I'm fine with either option there. Both options are things players themselves can act upon without need for dev handholding. Either players mark stuff that needs TAC in the thread title, or when sideshow discussion in guides happens (leveling specs, tanking), having another build option given would still keep it as a usable guide for any player.
    Epic Gendo

don't think anything needs to be re-written really.. if a player can't figure out that they don't have the tac soul and thus can't use a tac guide they are pretty green. maybe a "For new players faq" or something. Tips for leveling, gear, and rift stuff, that we all take for granted that is common knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    don't think anything needs to be re-written really.. if a player can't figure out that they don't have the tac soul and thus can't use a tac guide they are pretty green. maybe a "For new players faq" or something. Tips for leveling, gear, and rift stuff, that we all take for granted that is common knowledge
    Maybe not, but I do however think a lot of the guides DO need to be rewritten to make them more relevant to 2.2. Most of the guides are pretty old really, and they have pages and pages of debate on them, and by the end, the original guide has been picked apart and changed. For example, the Bard 101 thread. I see mention of 40bard/36tact over and over, but I know the original point spend was changed.

So, while maybe we don't need "Special" guides purely for FTP expansion-free souls, I think we do need some CURRENT refined guides for a lot of these specs (Especially Bard). Put all the collaboration to use, and make some minty fresh guides, for both FTP and Full On Members..

Thank you to those who do write guides, and take time to debate with each other.. I'm simple minded and don't understand all the min/max and numbers game. I just want to see the pretty spec and go "oh, I wanna do that one!" and lemming my way along. ^_^
    If I had a super power, it would be the ability to reach through my monitor and slap people.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gynxz View Post
    To be fair, his old guild asploded when the GM suddenly quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    It would come into play a lot more heavily for sub-souls and alternate souls for some fights, especially as the list of souls gets longer (and more expensive).
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 05-16-2013 at 02:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast