+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a few good leveling Builds 1-50

Default Looking for a few good leveling Builds 1-50

Hello Everyone I am looking for a good leveling build for a rogue. My rogue is around level 29 I believe and I am currently using a ranged tactician build and I am finding my self to be a bit squishy. I am not opposed to playing a non ranged build. Any help would be wonderful and thanks ahead of time.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

This is gonna be the fastest AOE grinding spec there is: Devastating Untarnished Nobility (Tactician grinding).
    Near the bottom it breaks down your point allocation based on your level.

If you prefer to melee or just want to mix things up, you can give Granpa's NB spec a go once you're closer to 50. Muspel also wrote a guide on BD leveling spec, intended for 50+.

These melee specs don't kill as fast as the Tact spec I linked at the top but if you prefer melee or want to keep things fresh they will certainly get you to 60.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 05-09-2013 at 05:21 AM.

Thank you Dunsparrow for the build advice and the links. I will give the tactician a try and follow the leveling guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestrose View Post
    Thank you Dunsparrow for the build advice and the links. I will give the tactician a try and follow the leveling guide.
    You're welcome. The main thing that is going to get you to max level the fastest is using a playstyle you enjoy. If you're having fun, you'll spend more time fighting and less time tinkering with the spec and standing around. See you at 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    These melee specs don't kill as fast as the Tact spec I linked at the top but if you prefer melee or want to keep things fresh they will certainly get you to 60.
    My experience has been that unless you're doing sustained AoE, BD's kill speed is faster than 61Tact. It can match Tactman's DPS on 5 targets over 15-second windows, which is quite a bit higher than 61Tact can pull off. The single-target DPS and survivability is better, too.

As a nice bonus, it also scales very well at level 60. When I do Ashora dailies, I can kill an entire pack with a single cast of Hundred Blades. Single targets also die very fast-- my record so far is 3 seconds, but the circumstances to pull that off are pretty rare. 6 seconds or so is more common. The lack of ramp-up makes a fair chunk of the difference between the two specs, I find.
    Last edited by Muspel; 05-10-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    My experience has been that unless you're doing sustained AoE, BD's kill speed is faster than 61Tact. It can match Tactman's DPS on 5 targets over 15-second windows, which is quite a bit higher than 61Tact can pull off. The single-target DPS and survivability is better, too.

As a nice bonus, it also scales very well at level 60. When I do Ashora dailies, I can kill an entire pack with a single cast of Hundred Blades. Single targets also die very fast-- my record so far is 3 seconds, but the circumstances to pull that off are pretty rare. 6 seconds or so is more common. The lack of ramp-up makes a fair chunk of the difference between the two specs, I find.
    Tact has zero ramp-up when played properly. Its like having Hundred Blades up 100% of the time.

Tact has zero ramp-up when played properly. Its like having Hundred Blades up 100% of the time.
    Tact needs to build up to seven stacks of Glacial Torrent, and even then it does less damage than Hundred Blades. (Again, unless you're dealing with more than five targets, but that's pretty rare.)

It's also quite a bit less mobile, which makes questing slower.
    Last edited by Muspel; 05-10-2013 at 08:04 AM.

We're talking about low level quest mobs =P Assuming you have somewhat up to date weaponry for your level, those things melt in one glacial-infernal cycle, maybe two.

(Incidentally that's about as long as it takes for me to kill a pack of lv 60 daily mobs too. But that's probably in part due to gear.)

Most 1-52 quest mobs don't even live long enough for you to build 5 CPs and use a finisher if you're keeping your gear somewhat up to date. Min/maxing things that are so far away from needing to be min/maxed is just being silly.

You pick whatever's more fun when you're leveling. As long as it either has a tank pet (ranger) or methods of self sustaining (assassin's leeching poison, tact's curative engine, etc etc) you'll be fine.

Lv 60 is a different game =P
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 05-10-2013 at 01:30 PM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    We're talking about low level quest mobs =P Assuming you have somewhat up to date weaponry for your level, those things melt in one glacial-infernal cycle, maybe two.

(Incidentally that's about as long as it takes for me to kill a pack of lv 60 daily mobs too. But that's probably in part due to gear.)

Most 1-52 quest mobs don't even live long enough for you to build 5 CPs and use a finisher if you're keeping your gear somewhat up to date. Min/maxing things that are so far away from needing to be min/maxed is just being silly.

You pick whatever's more fun when you're leveling. As long as it either has a tank pet (ranger) or methods of self sustaining (assassin's leeching poison, tact's curative engine, etc etc) you'll be fine.

Lv 60 is a different game =P
    Definitely, I was responding to the part of Dunsparrow's post that talked about level 50+ builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Tact needs to build up to seven stacks of Glacial Torrent, and even then it does less damage than Hundred Blades. (Again, unless you're dealing with more than five targets, but that's pretty rare.)

It's also quite a bit less mobile, which makes questing slower.
    You have Shadow Shift and On the Double in my spec. Its pretty mobile.

Its also worth counting Barrier Remote towards mobility since it allows you to mount while being attacked by enemies (or re-mount if you're knocked off by damage).

You have Shadow Shift and On the Double in my spec. Its pretty mobile.
    That's still less mobile than BD/RS.

Its also worth counting Barrier Remote towards mobility since it allows you to mount while being attacked by enemies (or re-mount if you're knocked off by damage).
    Bladedancer can mount while being attacked if you use either Side Steps or Disengage.

I can mount up without Sidesteps or Barrier Remote, as long as i dont get attacked! In any spec!
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

I use this teleporting sniper build. pretty awesome.
    all points MM
    remainder points NB
    3rd soul RS for the teleport.

It's powerful and unique. I get lost in the endless sea of rangers and tacticians.

+ Reply to Thread