+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Rogue 1-50 help.

Default New Rogue 1-50 help.

Hi masterminds of the Rogue Arts!

So I've been leveling a cleric, and am kinda getting bored at times with the same ol thing.

So I decided I want to level a rogue. BUT. Most leveling guides are for 50-60 understandably. I was hoping some advice could be given for those of us fresh to the Rogue arts,

I'm more interested in melee builds, but would prefer to not use assassin... And if it helps I don't mind having to micro manage heaps

Cheers all
    Uitoqora

It sounds like nightblade is for you. You can try different souls as your primary soul, but there's a best subsoul combination for rogues. For very low levels I'm not exactly sure what would be best (it's been a long time) but I think I have an idea.

Use whichever soul you want to try out, and first thing you should do with the additional points you get for other souls is grab 4 tactician. There's a great buff in there called curative engine that will really boost your survivability, what it does is every time you're hit you do some self healing, so is great for soloing. I'd recommend increased magical damage if you're going to use nightblade (it's primarily magical attacks) or armor if you decided on bladedancer (physical attacks soul).

After you have 4 into tactician put the remainder of your additional points into Riftstalker. There's a great talent in Riftstalker called boosted recovery, what it does is whenever you kill a mob you get some self healing. The ability is great for if you accidentally get too many mobs, just kill one of them to get your health back up.

So excluding the points you put into the primary soul you want to try out here's where you put the additional points for soloing:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Tu/t8g/z

Using this combination for your other souls, you can try any soul you like. Just pump as many as you want into the soul you want to try and put the rest into these other two souls so you can take a hit.
    Last edited by Mayi; 05-07-2013 at 03:13 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Uitoqora View Post
    Hi masterminds of the Rogue Arts!

So I've been leveling a cleric, and am kinda getting bored at times with the same ol thing.

So I decided I want to level a rogue. BUT. Most leveling guides are for 50-60 understandably. I was hoping some advice could be given for those of us fresh to the Rogue arts,

I'm more interested in melee builds, but would prefer to not use assassin... And if it helps I don't mind having to micro manage heaps

Cheers all
    Uitoqora
    Assassin is probably the best solo melee soul we have, in part due to its many apparently pvp orientated skills. It has a great deal of CC packaged into the same soul along with self-heal options and an option for escaping combat whenever you want.

Full walk speed perma stealth also does wonders when you just want to get to that quest objective without dealing with the cloud of mobs in the way.

The only downside to it is that it literally has zero aoe capabilities, so you'd only be dealing with one mob at a time. But if you pick your fights, and the soul enables you to do exactly that, you should never be caught in a position where you'd die.

I'd suggest you explore it some if you aren't totally dead set against using it.

Now if you want something to aoe clusters of mobs down with... then you probably don't want to use 'sin~
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

+ Reply to Thread