+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 Questions, Please.........

Ascendant

Default 2 Questions, Please.........

Posting here in discussions, as Im not really sure if they belong in guide section .

1.) Is there , or has it been worked out, a sub-soul combination for the 61 Bard set-up that is thought to be the best combination?

2.) Is there, or has it been worked out, a sub-soul combination for the 61 Tactician set-up that is thought to be the best combination?

I ask since there has been so much discussion about the Tactman and the Tact/Bard going on and whether or not they are still worthwhile or worthy , etc. And how its better to have the 61 specs in raids now along side the 61 build of the other.

So, I went looking and really can't find information about the 61 builds with what may be the best opportune builds with sub-souls.

Thanks in advance.

Telaran

For Bard, 10 Nightblade 5 Riftstalker is pretty much the go-to, as Attack Power is everything to Bard.

For Tactition, I believe the simple answer to your question is no. Not because nobody has tried to figure out what goes well with 61 Tact, but because 61 Tact itself is pretty horrid. You can get everything important Tact offers in 44 points or less. Everything you get after that is just healing, which Tact/Bard hybrid does significantly better.

In reality, 61 point builds for Rogues are extremely lacking compared to other callings (except RS and Bard). Even Assassin, which is commonly considered top ST DPS for us, compare to Riftblade, for example:
    ASN: Go from 2 to 3 Weapon Enchants
    RB: Go from 1 to 4 Weapon Enchants

1. For bard focusing on dps and versatility (best used in raiding) it's 61bard-10mm-5nb. For pvp there might be a slight difference.

2. For tactician, it depends on your playstyle. If you will be dpsing a lot then 61tact-10mm-5nb. If you're going to be primarily healing then 61tact-10sab-5nb, you could also make a case for 10 or 15 bard instead in pvp.

The reason for 10sab or using bard instead of MM is you won't proc increased fire power while healing. It only procs from crits from damage attacks. The best passives for 15 points is 10mm-5nb, hands down. Sometimes specs will take other subsouls for specific abilities or a root talent that's nice (like 5tact for NB) but as a rule of thumb 10mm-5nb is king.

61 tactician is an OK spec, but I much prefer either tactman or 51tact-25bard. I like my specs specialized, 61 tact's dps is meh and the healing isn't very good either. Everyone needs to be stacked in front of you to get the most out of it. 51tact-25bard has a similar issue but the healing is much superior, here's the spec:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#vkl40g/A/ThnG9l9hiGg

The only place I've really found a use for it is in conquest and maybe matriarch (though I'm always asked to dps)... I imagine in Scion if you planted yourself on the bridge it would do very well too.

What I generally do in conquest is heal through the other zerg's burst when you first meet when everyone's blowing their cooldowns, then when the time is right counter-push and start aoeing. The dps isn't the best, but people tend to fight in narrow bottlenecks which plays to tact's strength. Healing in conquest you should be getting very good hps. The only thing 61 tact has over 51 tact is with 61 tact you never need to be within the attack range of the other team. You can stand 40 meters back and instead of using empyrean bolt you use restorative bolt to get to 5 combo points.

I think the reason most people don't play tact is it's too many buttons for them. When I played it I had about 20ish buttons for situational abilities and whatnot. The spec is very effective as a healer... as long as the setting's right. Outside that setting 61 tact blows, so don't even think of using it as a general pvp healer spec.
    Last edited by Mayi; 05-04-2013 at 02:48 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    51. For bard focusing on dps and versatility (best used in raiding) it's 61bard-10mm-5nb. For pvp there might be a slight difference.
    Raiding? 61brd/10mm/5rs.

You give up 2.5% in gift-based damage for a significant boost in health, smidge of armor and resist... and the all mighty butt-saving teleport, for those mechanics that requires you to be somewhere a second ago.

Plus it doesn't suffer on the healing potential, as the heal #'s are based purely on your AP, which is the same in both specs. You're literally trading in a tiny bit of that awesome bard dps for the hp and the port.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 05-03-2013 at 11:16 PM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Shadowlander

Default 61bard 10mm 5 tact

When I was testing bard specs a while back I actually found that cadence healed for more using 5 tact for the 5% increased healing vs the 5 NB for 10% increased AP, was wondering if anybody could confirm or refute this

Ascendant

Thanks all, very much.

Very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Raiding? 61brd/10mm/5rs.

You give up 2.5% in gift-based damage for a significant boost in health, smidge of armor and resist... and the all mighty butt-saving teleport, for those mechanics that requires you to be somewhere a second ago.

Plus it doesn't suffer on the healing potential, as the heal #'s are based purely on your AP, which is the same in both specs. You're literally trading in a tiny bit of that awesome bard dps for the hp and the port.
    Hum, yea that should be true. I have encounters where I purely dps and use cooldowns though. DPS is DPS, but I see your point about the hps being good.

Ascendant

Another question:

In the 10 MM, are you using the second 5 points in Single Mind Focus (dmg) or Increased Fire Power (more possible AP) ?

I have a Tact build that is not 61, and seems to hold well in Events and DRR's with dps side and heal side well enough; so don't think I need to change that then; considering your inputs above. (can pull 8+k dps ST and 12 - 15k AE ok )

I use Tactman in raids at times, or Bard/Tact at times in Raids; just need to set-up a 61 Bard that would do well for my guild now.

Again, really appreciate this input.
    Last edited by Chaszar; 05-04-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post
    Another question:

In the 10 MM, are you using the second 5 points in Single Mind Focus (dmg) or Increased Fire Power (more possible AP) ?

I have a Tact build that is not 61, and seems to hold well in Events and DRR's with dps side and heal side well enough; so don't think I need to change that then; considering your inputs above. (can pull 8+k dps ST and 12 - 15k AE ok )

I use Tactman in raids at times, or Bard/Tact at times in Raids; just need to set-up a 61 Bard that would do well for my guild now.

Again, really appreciate this input.
    61 Bard comes with Orchestra of the Planes - a truly wondrous ability. The healing part of it is largely irrelevant but the damage boost is fantastic. When your raid combines OoP with Flaring Power, Power Core/Wild Growth and you toss in Verse of Joy at the same time the raid's dps increases dramatically for the duration.

You also have Verse of Occlusion which provides a small raid-wide shield that can mitigate those annoying low value overkills that you sometimes get. I typically apply this before Crash of Soul on Regulos and those type of large raid-wide hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post
    Another question:

AP, the only thing that increases healing for bards is more attack power, +healing talents or putting points in souls that give you bonuses to healing.

+ Reply to Thread