+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: NB improvement discussion

Make it so that Ebon Blades raises the damage buff from Emptiness.

Shadowlander

The thing I don't like at NB is, that it has a ton of stealth related stuff, which is useless except for the beginning.
    So the idea of something similar to thread of death is obvious.

But not to just copy things, what about a "slip away" with limited duration like 5 sec and a 1 min cool down. Would also support the half sneaky character of a night blade without being overpowered. The stealth attacks might need some adjustment then.
    Chocolat Rift - Content clear
    TotDQ 4/4 -- FT 4/4 + Hm Zaviel-- EE 5/5

I have an idea.

Change Touch of Death completely. Instead, it'll look like this:

Touch of Death
    When Emptiness reaches 5 stacks, you can use a single "from stealth" attack without being stealthed.

You'd need to drop your Emptiness stacks in order to get another proc, ensuring that you can't just sit at 5 and get constant openers.

It ties stealth attacks in with the rest of the rotation and makes the rotation a bit more unpredictable (and therefore enjoyable).

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I have an idea.

Touch of Death
    When Emptiness reaches 5 stacks, you can use a single "from stealth" attack without being stealthed.

You'd need to drop your Emptiness stacks in order to get another proc, ensuring that you can't just sit at 5 and get constant openers.

It ties stealth attacks in with the rest of the rotation and makes the rotation a bit more unpredictable (and therefore enjoyable).
    That sounds perfect! It'd mesh into the existing gameplay very elegantly.

Only tweak I might suggest though would be to then move Touch of Darkness in a bit deeper into the soul (if the objective here is to spice up deep/pure Nightblade a bit). Possibly switching positions with Blazing Path, which frankly I don't think is 58pt-worthy anyway.
    Last edited by Kedon; 05-04-2013 at 02:56 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

I have an idea.

Touch of Death

This would be about 2-3k dps boost for NB/Sin. You would choose Cloak and Dagger+Dark Malady and have 23% dps boost most of the time with them. Interesting idea but I don't see that happening due to balance reasons.

I would like to see some way to use all those currently useless NB stealth attacks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    This would be about 2-3k dps boost for NB/Sin. You would choose Cloak and Dagger+Dark Malady and have 23% dps boost most of the time with them. Interesting idea but I don't see that happening due to balance reasons.

I would like to see some way to use all those currently useless NB stealth attacks though.
    Swap the location of Living Flame and Touch of Death.

having a stealth opener consume the stacks of empitness works also. Even during Ebon Fury popping a Dark Malady(resetting your stacks) would still be a boost and like said before make the rotation a bit more fun.

As for making nb/sin overpowered swapping spot with blazing path would be the most ideal considering a small useless blink isn't going to make the hybrid overpowered, and having it that high would kill any point in going for poisons.

I have an idea.

Touch of Death

I like the idea but it would be too large of a boost to realistically consider
    <Condemned> - 4/4 ToDQ, 4/4 FT, 5/5 EE

Quote Originally Posted by Jurugar View Post
    I like the idea but it would be too large of a boost to realistically consider
    If it's too strong, they can make it so that the from-stealth attacks are weaker when used in this way.

Now that I think on it, that change would also give Nightblade slightly better target switching, which it could use-- if you had a stealth opener available, it would let you throw up 3 FS stacks on a new target right away.

High NB needs a buff.

Living Flames is very weak for an AoE in a melee soul. Take bladedancer for example. It doesn't have to be Hundred Blades strong but, it is very weak imo.

Dark Descent has a minor flaw. NB finishers are sort of balanced around having Heat Retention up. 3 finishers in a row sounds good but when you consider the first one kills HR and the next 2 are significantly less damage, it is not as good. Would be nice if DD somehow worked around this or gave something similar in passive form.

I don't know why MM gets a 51pt ranged buff with 100% proc rate that is pretty much a copy of the 54nb enchantment. Sure the NB one does damage, but it is small and the real power is the stacking buff. 30% proc rate, melee range. It should at least have 100% proc rate somehow. Also sucks that one doesn't proc the damage temp the lower DPS enchants do. You shouldn't risk more of losing a damage temp buff in 61 spec because you are using a better weapon enchantment. And to end, their weapon enchantments should be stronger. IMO it is why the NB/Sin mix works so well...their enchants are strong.

Burning Path is nice for utility, but for damage it is crap.

Touch of Darkness seems weak too. Such a small increase on a continual basis, creating more dire circumstances, for a high point ability.

Low NB is pretty amazing and the talents are spot on. It is just the high up 48+ talents where it starts to get sort of lacking. Just a few things I think should be brought up to par.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    IMO it is why the NB/Sin mix works so well...their enchants are strong.
    I've never really broken it down, but I was under the impression that NB/Sin is strong because it gets so many hits that benefit from Expose Weakness (IE every hit of SoD, and I'm pretty sure that each stack of Fiery Spike gets its own bonus).

I've never really broken it down, but I was under the impression that NB/Sin is strong because it gets so many hits that benefit from Expose Weakness (IE every hit of SoD, and I'm pretty sure that each stack of Fiery Spike gets its own bonus).
    Expose weakness only effects physical abilities.

RIFT Guide Writer

Sod and Fiery Spike aren't even physical attacks so they get nothing from Expose Weakness. NB/Sin works because it can choose the strongest abilities from the trees and leaves out the weak ones. That means replacing the weak Primal Strikes with Backstabs, Punctures and Savage Strikes and the weak NB enchants with assassin's poisons and also being able to train strong passive dps increases from assassin instead of the remaining fluff from NB.

The strength of the hybrid lies in how well the mid-level assassin and nightblade abilities work together. Poison mastery in the sin tree plus enhanced weapon enchantments in the NB tree make the spec's overall poison damage comparable to pure assassin, which gets the poison malice CD, access to 3 concurrent poisons instead of 2, and the hardest hitting poison (malicious poison). Also, Physical Trauma in the sin tree gives a hefty bonus to fiery spike and ignited weapons (ironic, considering the name) in addition to puncture and serrated blades. Being a hybrid spec, this comes at the expense of a few... "unsynergies", most notable among which is that Expose Weakness doesnt apply to many of your moves, and that many of your talents specifically buff physical or non-physical damage at the expense of the other half.

I could see it being our top dps spec if Thread of Death wasnt such a huge game-changer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast