+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: MM changes on PTS

RIFT Guide Writer

Default MM changes on PTS

I recently suggested Ailion some changes to MM and I was happy to see a couple of them on PTS now. It's nothing too major, Decoy is off-gcd and Rapid Fire Shot had its energy cost changed from 24 to 16 like all the other single target instant finishers.

I also suggested buffing Deadeye Shot damage slightly and making Lock N Load trigger at the start of the channel so it would be compatible with Free Recoil but at least for now those are not on PTS. That would have allowed MM to sacrifice mobility for some more dps since the highly mobile nature is the thing that keeps MM from being higher dps. I'm still hoping that will be done later.

Hum, those are some good changes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be negative, but when other classes buffs are the type of thing where damage boost gets shifted from 40 to 50% (imagine the effect something like this would have on nightblade) changes like this seem to be more along the lines to placate rogues because other classes are being buffed to be ahead of us intentionally. I also don't think it's right to say MM should be behind in dps because of mobility, from what I've seen pyro is ahead of MM and loses dps from moving, but still does more dps while moving then MM.

Any good change is a good change though. Maybe there'll be a reason to have a MM spec again (in pvp or pve).

If mobility is the issue why MM is being left low dps, buff the damage of deadeye shot (like by 150%) and apply a pvp nerf to it. When SL came out deadeye - empowered - rapid was pretty OP, but you can buff deadeye shot without breaking pvp.
    Last edited by Mayi; 04-27-2013 at 06:55 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Prophet of Telara

Sounds nice, but what MM really need right now is to have their damage reductions removed or reduced for PvP. It WAS balanced, but now that Trion is reducing and removing the damage reductions for other classes like Pyro, MM is getting left in the dust. Frankly, Hybrid MM/Ranger or Ranger is much better at this point, and none of them actually compare to my equally geared Pyro.

It's hilarious shooting a single fireball, getting the double fireball proc, and watching them both crit for like 2k damage each, and then nailing the guy with a 6.5k fulminate. On top of that, my mage is just as mobile as a MM now almost with the 8% run buff from Harbinger and 10% insoles...and now with instant fireballs I can do plenty of damage on the run. It stops being funny when I get on my Rogue and realize how weak it is getting as other classes keep getting buffs though.

RIFT Guide Writer

I will avoid raising MM's DPS since it is currently where it needs to be for a very mobile ranged DPS soul.
    was the response to buffing MM dps so I am not expecting anything major for pve. I think the best we can hope for is a small buff and the option to use Deadeye Shot for some dps gain.

The pvp damage reductions are quite huge and should warrant a second look, I just don't pvp with MM so I didn't touch that subject.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Good change on the finisher energy. That will probably fix starving. Rest of it doesn't matter.

I will avoid raising MM's DPS since it is currently where it needs to be for a very mobile ranged DPS soul.
    I agree with this, but the problem is that we don't have a competitive ranged DPS build, because all of our ranged souls are mobile, at least in the sense that we don't really lose any damage from movement.

I think that putting more emphasis on Deadeye Shot is the way to go (and maybe nerf Hasted Shot slightly to go along with that). Hell, it doesn't even have to be a direct buff to Deadeye's damage. If it instead gave a 6-second crit buff or something, that would work too.
    Last edited by Muspel; 04-27-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    It's hilarious shooting a single fireball, getting the double fireball proc, and watching them both crit for like 2k damage each, and then nailing the guy with a 6.5k fulminate.
    I'm noticing this in pvp, except when I'm hit fireballs hit for 3k. I mainly pvp on my cleric who has a mix of freelancer and mercenary gear. As a warden I can ignore a single MM, and get blown up by pyros.
    Last edited by Mayi; 04-27-2013 at 09:20 AM.

you can qq about those fireballs, but what about that riftstrikeicyburstelementaltouchstormblade crit to the face for 15k damage + ?

Quote Originally Posted by Berzz View Post
    you can qq about those fireballs, but what about that riftstrikeicyburstelementaltouchstormblade crit to the face for 15k damage + ?
    But. but, Majorin told me warriors were balanced.
    Last edited by Muspel; 04-27-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berzz View Post
    There's a small difference. As a healer I can avoid warriors by pre-kiting, when they do get me I'm toast. Same goes for 61 harbs who can stun-lock me from full to 0 health as warden.

Issue with a ranged having that kind of burst in pvp is I can't see it coming. I'll be happily healing away and die in less then 2 GCDs with nothing I can do about it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    As a warden I can ignore a single MM, and get blown up by pyros.
    If that MM is me (or Nuku or veeru), I doubt you can ignore it, especially in squish Warden.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    If that MM is me (or Nuku or veeru), I doubt you can ignore it, especially in squish Warden.

Rift Disciple

MM does need a little help, but I never want to see it do more than our melee specs. So far the changes look promising...*crosses fingers* that they make the right decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    I just don't pvp with MM so I didn't touch that subject.
    Others will disagree but MM is on the weaker side of pvp right now. The damage is weak, the only real use for it is to purge links from defilers and the root in an assist train. Most key buffs of classes have been made passive so purging is nowhere near as effective anymore, that plus with a recast on eradicate you can't completely strip the buffs off someone. A bard and warden in raid should be enough to completely negate eradicate.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Unless it's a matter of your gear being better then people you're playing against, yes I can. Rolling hots on myself is enough to counter a MM along with a TTL healing invocation or healing breath.

Go against a rank 80 cleric, most don't like warden because it's squishy and as a rank 80 cleric your name is known so will be focused, but 1v1 they're pretty easy to counter. I've taken a MM 1v1 out as a warden when caught away from the group in whitefall. Since in a situation like that I'm not using cast time abilities so they can't silence, it's their dps vs my healing and dps and warden wins. As inquisitor or another dps spec taking out a MM is lol easymode as long as the cleric is using a pvp inquisitor spec.
    Last edited by Mayi; 04-28-2013 at 05:48 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    was the response to buffing MM dps so I am not expecting anything major for pve. I think the best we can hope for is a small buff and the option to use Deadeye Shot for some dps gain.

The pvp damage reductions are quite huge and should warrant a second look, I just don't pvp with MM so I didn't touch that subject.
    I thought the design goal was all ST melee roughly equal and all ~5% above all ST ranged. Is it now going to take into account mobility as well? If so, is there an option for a ranged rogue spec that needs to stand still where possible but can actually compete at range?

Making Deadeye more powerful does seem a good way to do this, though it might need the crystal bonus to be revised a bit as currently it penalises anything that delays empowered at all rather heavily.
    Last edited by Altyrann; 04-28-2013 at 09:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast