+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: MM changes on PTS

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Altyrann View Post
    I thought the design goal was all ST melee roughly equal and all ~5% above all ST ranged. Is it now going to take into account mobility as well? If so, is there an option for a ranged rogue spec that needs to stand still where possible but can actually compete at range?

Making Deadeye more powerful does seem a good way to do this, though it might need the crystal bonus to be revised a bit as currently it penalises anything that delays empowered at all rather heavily.
    After the pyro changes I no longer have any clue what the goals are. The balance used to make much more sense before that, although the dps gap between melee and ranged seemed larger than it should be. Now pyro is mobile, ranged and higher dps than melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post

Unless it's a matter of your gear being better then people you're playing against, yes I can. Rolling hots on myself is enough to counter a MM along with a TTL healing invocation or healing breath..
    In one fell swoop you've managed to prove you know nothing about both mm and warden in pvp.

Others will disagree but MM is on the weaker side of pvp right now. The damage is weak, the only real use for it is to purge links from defilers and the root in an assist train. Most key buffs of classes have been made passive so purging is nowhere near as effective anymore, that plus with a recast on eradicate you can't completely strip the buffs off someone. A bard and warden in raid should be enough to completely negate eradicate.

Unless it's a matter of your gear being better then people you're playing against, yes I can. Rolling hots on myself is enough to counter a MM along with a TTL healing invocation or healing breath.

Go against a rank 80 cleric, most don't like warden because it's squishy and as a rank 80 cleric your name is known so will be focused, but 1v1 they're pretty easy to counter. I've taken a MM 1v1 out as a warden when caught away from the group in whitefall. Since in a situation like that I'm not using cast time abilities so they can't silence, it's their dps vs my healing and dps and warden wins. As inquisitor or another dps spec taking out a MM is lol easymode as long as the cleric is using a pvp inquisitor spec.
    I have -never- met a warden I could not easily kill as MM, regardless of rank tier. Most healing clerics in higher tier matches don't run warden as far as I can recall.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Rolling hots on myself is enough to counter a MM along with a TTL healing invocation or healing breath.
    Yeah, okay, I'm never taking anything you say about PvP seriously, ever again.

Ascendant

Decoy should have been ogcd that's more of a qol change than a buff. Mm needs its damage in certain abilities raised to compete in pvp and pve
    Last edited by Kiika; 04-28-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    Decoy should have been ogcd that's more of a qol change than a buff. Mm needs its damage in certain abilities raised to compete in pvp and pve
    Increase damage of deadeye, so it will be a clear dps gain to use over hasted (which is how its supposed to be from the very beginning. I mean 1.5sec hard casted finisher = lower dps than lolspammable hasted? Its just wrong. And on top of that MM has talents that directly buff all casted and channeled spells.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Increase damage of deadeye, so it will be a clear dps gain to use over hasted (which is how its supposed to be from the very beginning. I mean 1.5sec hard casted finisher = lower dps than lolspammable hasted? Its just wrong. And on top of that MM has talents that directly buff all casted and channeled spells.
    This makes a lot of sense and should be looked into. Another way of helping mms dps is reduce the cooldown of quick reload from 2mins 6seconds to about 1 minute maybe even 50 seconds

Deadeye needs to do at least Hasted + third of Empowered plus whatever we lose from losing Free Recoil assisted ES's. I'm going to enjoy the 80k DES crits in raids.

Ascendant

To break even at a minimum, DES needs to be equal to 1.1 HS + .1 EMP + .3 SS + .5 SSM. Ideally, it would have an opportunity cost bonus of ~20-30% above that.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    Deadeye needs to do at least Hasted + third of Empowered plus whatever we lose from losing Free Recoil assisted ES's. I'm going to enjoy the 80k DES crits in raids.
    Actually, realistically it need to be doing on the order of 40-44K fully decked out in T1 raid gear, full consumables, and full buffs.

This is assuming crit values of:
    HS: 23.5k
    SSM: 1352
    SS: 12.8k
    EMP: 32K

This would results in a DPS increase of around 6-9% (for 20% to 30% opp cost adj)
    Last edited by Durango; 04-29-2013 at 03:34 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    To break even at a minimum, DES needs to be equal to 1.1 HS + .1 EMP + .3 SS + .5 SSM. Ideally, it would have an opportunity cost bonus of ~20-30% above that.
    You forgot 1.5*Autoattack dps, and then there are a few less important variables like procs/synergy crystal and timing with RFS. It is also almost exactly how much damage DES is doing at the moment so it's not worth using for pve. But even if the damage was buffed like it should be, we still couldn't use it much since it doesn't work with Free Recoil/Lock n Load unless that change is also made.

Ascendant

Go against a rank 80 cleric, most don't like warden because it's squishy and as a rank 80 cleric your name is known so will be focused, but 1v1 they're pretty easy to counter.
    Ok, I will. I will duel any Rank 80 cleric (running Warden) and win. I will run 61 MM. If I don't kill him within 1 minute, I will be SHOCKED. Utterly shocked.

All a warden can do is hope his wave of renewal or downpour is up. Once those are blown (or interrupted), he is toast. I mean it's a joke after that. The HoT's (Monsoon, etc.) are not going to keep him up. This isn't 1.8 anymore.

Now, with all that said, let me say I agree with you completely about rogues and MM. They are now underpowered (especially 61MM). 40/36 is still viable but it loses out on eradicate, which sucks if you PvP.

Actually it's not so much that I think MM is underpowered as I think RB and Pyro are now OP as hell. I am willing to let Pyro slide for a while since mages have been hurting so badly in PvP for so long now. RB is in need of nerfs, however -- especially shock pulse in Tempest. However, if that happens, warriors will be hurting because they have literally no other good PvP specs (other than troll tank 1v1 specs). I think the most OP thing about RB's is their ranged abilities. Nerf those a little and let's move on.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Ok, I will. I will duel any Rank 80 cleric (running Warden) and win. I will run 61 MM. If I don't kill him within 1 minute, I will be SHOCKED. Utterly shocked.

All a warden can do is hope his wave of renewal or downpour is up. Once those are blown (or interrupted), he is toast. I mean it's a joke after that. The HoT's (Monsoon, etc.) are not going to keep him up. This isn't 1.8 anymore.

Now, with all that said, let me say I agree with you completely about rogues and MM. They are now underpowered (especially 61MM). 40/36 is still viable but it loses out on eradicate, which sucks if you PvP.

Actually it's not so much that I think MM is underpowered as I think RB and Pyro are now OP as hell. I am willing to let Pyro slide for a while since mages have been hurting so badly in PvP for so long now. RB is in need of nerfs, however -- especially shock pulse in Tempest. However, if that happens, warriors will be hurting because they have literally no other good PvP specs (other than troll tank 1v1 specs). I think the most OP thing about RB's is their ranged abilities. Nerf those a little and let's move on.
    As long as they can pull people in, they have a good pvp spec.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Ascendant

I don't play MM but look at the alternative callings range specs I can see why they are inferior and it has way more to do with other things besides dps.

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #30
    Rift Team

The damage of Deadeye Shot is already increased by approximately 10%. You should be able to parse it on PTS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast