+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bard Fanfares

Telaran

Default Bard Fanfares

It used to be only a few souls had a purge, but now many souls have purge. I had never put my bard fanfares in my Karuul Alert (my bad) but do now. I am only now noticing that the fanfares can be purged (I always assumed that they could not, like chloro's veils). As such, I ask that they either cannot be purged or have no cast time. Not knowing every soul's purgable buffs out there, I think I can safely state that most do not have 3.0 sec cast times. When these are purged off of me and I am in battle in the warfront, I have to hide to put them up or stand still in the middle of battle for 6 secs ( = certain death). I believe this is a bit, well ... uncalled for. I do not know if this has been addressed before so I looking for info/support on this issue .... Thanx.

Unlike a chloro's veils, fanfares are not central to the mechanics of Bard.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

I agree with them not having a cast time. I really think the only reason they have a cast time is that they have a sound effect associated with them. The counterpart buffs from other classes are instant.

As for purge immunity, dream on.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 04-26-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Heheh, I was getting excited......then saw that we were talking about in PvP.........ya, not all that central to the bard mechanics in Pvp, >>> agree.

Too busy dps'ing lol.... if I bard in pvp,.....if I pvp.

Telaran

Yeah ... it was my mistake to assume that (silly rogue). But that's why I only recently discovered their purgability. Though they are not central to the mechanics of a bard, they are part of the reason to bard in the first place, esp. if you don't have another class supplying ppl with those buffs (the other part is to put out nearly OP aoe healing, hehe). I don't think its asking too much for them to be instant cast. Perhaps this can be added to the rogue's wish list.

Thanks for your replies, Grinnz and Dunsparrow

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evristia View Post
    Yeah ... it was my mistake to assume that (silly rogue). But that's why I only recently discovered their purgability. Though they are not central to the mechanics of a bard, they are part of the reason to bard in the first place, esp. if you don't have another class supplying ppl with those buffs (the other part is to put out nearly OP aoe healing, hehe). I don't think its asking too much for them to be instant cast. Perhaps this can be added to the rogue's wish list.

You cast them once and your entire WF group gets them. If you're in a 10-man, that's 20 purges to remove 2 of your casts.

Making them unpurgeable would actually be a nerf.

Let me explain. Buffs work on a first-in, first-out basis. This means that if someone uses their self-buffs after Fanfares are applied (or if they cancel and re-cast), anyone who purges them will remove the Fanfares instead of their spec-specific self-buffs which tend to be far more important. Fanfares provide a layer of shielding between Marksman munitions and the next purge, and that buffer is extremely helpful.
    Last edited by Muspel; 04-26-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Making them unpurgeable would actually be a nerf.

Let me explain. Buffs work on a first-in, first-out basis. This means that if someone uses their self-buffs after Fanfares are applied (or if they cancel and re-cast), anyone who purges them will remove the Fanfares instead of their spec-specific self-buffs which tend to be far more important. Fanfares provide a layer of shielding between Marksman munitions and the next purge, and that buffer is extremely helpful.
    Class Mechanics? In Rift? Unpossible!
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Do people actually use fanfares in PvP?

With their current cast time length, they're just not worth using.
    Last edited by Garnatian; 04-26-2013 at 09:15 PM.

I see a many bard blowing their horns. In CQ base. And sometimes in WF prep time.
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Garnatian View Post

Always. At a minimum, if you are playing bard in PvP, you should at least put up the HP buff. The stat buff is also useful. So I always put them up.

They can and do make a difference.

Sure they do. Pop'em up during prep, refresh them when your team has pretty much won the fight.

You wouldn't refresh it in the middle of a fight... though I guess you could if they made it instant. Still a wasted GCD during a fight, though.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

I put them up while waiting for it to start. After a death it takes too long to cast them and most people would be gone before I was done with the first anyway. But ye, the time it takes to cast them is time lost where the action is, so not worth it in my opinion. As other said, maybe if you have time while waiting for the other team to respawn or something.

How are the Buffs of a support role not the "central mechanics" of the Bard? The Bard is not in raid for DPS or heals, even though they provide some of both.

They are in the raid for their buffs.

I do agree they should be able to be purged, but at the same time the Fanfares should also be instant cast.
    Last edited by Blytzz; 04-30-2013 at 02:40 PM.
    SOUL FORGED 4/4 TotDQ - 4/4 FT - 4/5 EE www.soul-forged.com
    Blytz - Rogue
    Vyo - Mage
    Dyzmal - Cleric

Plane Touched

they are part of the reason to bard in the first place, (the other part is to put out nearly OP aoe healing, hehe).
    Shhhh, not so loud, or it'll get the NERF bat!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast