+ Reply to Thread

Thread: @Rogue experts - critique this build please

RIFT Fan Site Operator carramus's Avatar

Default @Rogue experts - critique this build please

Heyo, I wanted to revive the old spec that was used when clicking the tomes in HK or for soloing ember isle mobs. I miss my old spec of 22RS/26AS/18BD. So I built this spec to kind of replicate that. Keep in mind that it is my solo play build as I've stepped away from raiding and just wanted to do nothing more than run around incapacitating mobs to grab a quick quest item or take on a couple at a time (Ashora quest). I always enjoyed the stealth until cancelled ability also.

Thine Build : http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMVMTlRk...bx0utoMvVspzkz

Macros I use:

Mover
    #show Shadow Assault
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Puncture

Single Target
    #show Flash of Steel
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Side Steps
    cast Poison Malice
    cast Expose Weakness
    cast Flash of Steel
    cast Reprisal
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

Build to 5 cp's then hit
    Impale

Build to 5 cp's then hit
    Deadly Strike

AOE
    #show Rift Disturbance
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Rift Disturbance
    cast Twin Strike

AOE Finisher
    Compound Attack

I also keep Guarded Steel on my hotbar incase I need an armor increase.

The spec works pretty well. I am finding that I run out of energy after about 40 seconds or so but while I back off on spamming my macro, the mob is still ticking damage.

I've been around 7k on mob fights and haven't parsed on the dummy as anything over a minute seems to run out of energy. Mind you, my rogue gear is not state of the art as I have blues and purple crafted gear including the blades from the chronicle

Let me know how you guys feel about it. I've tried your spec in your sig Muspel but for some reason, I get my crackers smashed quick. Odd thing is, when those updates were affecting us, I was unable to pull more than 3 mobs without my health dropping quick. I use to run tact build and could pull 6 mobs without a health drop, now I can get maybe 3 and drop to about 40% health when I'm done with them.

The 51BD build can handle different amounts of mobs depending on how much gear you have. In general, at lower gear levels, you'll want to start STing down one mob after using Hundred Blades or Dancing Steel, because when it dies you get extra healing (from the Boosted Recovery proc) and take less damage (because one of the mobs is dead).

Past a certain gear threshold, however, you can just keep AoEing and you'll be fine. I'm in full raid gear at this point, and I can cleave down eight mobs without going below 80% health. I'll even end the pull at max hp, thanks to Boosted Recovery procs.

Anyways, my take on this build is that it has very, very weak AoE. Twin Strike, Rift Disturbance, and Compound Strike just don't hit hard at all.
    Last edited by Muspel; 04-25-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Thanks for taking a look at it. Definitely agree the aoe is very weak as it does take a bit of time to down mobs. The ST does knock them down pretty quick. I will respec to your sig build and practice more with it. I had it once and ran in to a group of SL mobs pulling about 4 and I went splat in about 15 seconds, lol. I guess I felt invincible, lol.

It also depends on the level differential. If you're fighting level 54 mobs and you're only 52 or 53, they get a damage bonus against you, ignore some of your avoidance, and bypass some of your armor and resistance. The bigger the level difference, the worse it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    It also depends on the level differential. If you're fighting level 54 mobs and you're only 52 or 53, they get a damage bonus against you, ignore some of your avoidance, and bypass some of your armor and resistance. The bigger the level difference, the worse it gets.
    Tried soloing some level 60 major rifts, like I did back before SL.

My only reaction was: LOL. So squishy.... >_>

I mean, you can do them one at a time. Two's about as much as I can handle without risking death.

I missing being able to pull entire major rifts solo~
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post

I mean, you can do them one at a time. Two's about as much as I can handle without risking death.

I know exactly what you mean! I could chain pull mobs on ember with that old spec non stop. Favorite part was using the Guise of Death and tearing **** up!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post

To be fair, you couldn't really do that with tier 1 gear (or at least, I assume you couldn't. I didn't actually play back then). It'll probably become more feasible once we get more gear next tier.
    Last edited by Muspel; 04-25-2013 at 02:20 PM.

To be fair, you couldn't really do that with tier 1 gear (or at least, I assume you couldn't. I didn't actually play back then). It'll probably become more feasible once we get more gear next tier.
    Oh yes you coooould~

HP pools were smaller, deflect's damage reduction was higher, stacked with BD talents that no longer exists 'n the heal-on-block greaters + a mirror, it was ridiculous.

I could -solo- certain expert dungeons back then.

Edit: Well, the soloing of expert dungeons was with ID relic gear. But major rifts are far easier.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 04-25-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Yeah, I guess I'm thinking of EI major rifts, which were pretty nasty. (Still soloable, but pulling the whole thing could get very messy very fast).

Yeah, I guess I'm thinking of EI major rifts, which were pretty nasty. (Still soloable, but pulling the whole thing could get very messy very fast).
    It really depends on which rift you got.

The old solo spec was extraordinarily powerful vs physical attackers... but if you sprinkle in some casters, things go sour pretty quickly.

A major rift composed entirely of casters will kick yer butt :3

+ Reply to Thread