+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What rogue spec to level 50-60?

Default What rogue spec to level 50-60?

I haven't played in ages, got a free month from Raptr, decided to try again.

I'm looking around and I can't really find anything recent, everything is pretty dated. Whats a good build to level from 50-60? Preferably not ranged.

You have a choice between Granpa's Nightblade build or the Bladedancer soloing build in my signature.

The bladedancer build is a fair bit stronger overall, particularly on AoE, but it's also more complicated than most soloing builds. If you're looking for something less demanding, the Nightblade build is still pretty solid and has a very simple rotation.
    Last edited by Muspel; 04-24-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    You have a choice between Granpa's Nightblade build or the Bladedancer soloing build in my signature.

The bladedancer build is a fair bit stronger overall, particularly on AoE, but it's also more complicated than most soloing builds. If you're looking for something less demanding, the Nightblade build is still pretty solid and has a very simple rotation.

Thanks, Bladedancer once is working like a charm. I miss my old Assassin build though lol

4 points in tactician, rest into the soul of your choice.

... instant solo spec
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

He conveniently ignored the best leveling/solo build which kills at least twice as fast as those, because you are non-stop AOE pulling.

Behold: http://www.dunsparrow.com/2012/12/31...shed-nobility/
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 04-25-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    He conveniently ignored the best leveling/solo build which kills at least twice as fast as those, because you are non-stop AOE pulling.

Behold: http://www.dunsparrow.com/2012/12/31...shed-nobility/
    I've used that build. It's significantly squishier, has less mobility, and weaker burst AoE. On top of that, you have to ramp-up at each new area if you don't have 5 CPs for a fresh Torrent Primer, and the low ST damage means that you fall even further behind when you need to deal with lone enemies.

I've used that build. It's significantly squishier, has less mobility, and weaker burst AoE. On top of that, you have to ramp-up at each new area if you don't have 5 CPs for a fresh Torrent Primer, and the low ST damage means that you fall even further behind when you need to deal with lone enemies.
    On the other hand, it's the only solo spec which I have role slots for, due to being 61 tact.

There better be role slots in 2.3 or I am organizing a riot at your palace Daglar!
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 04-25-2013 at 12:27 PM.

True. It's not a bad soloing spec, it's just far from the best. (And to be fair, the gap used to be much smaller until Bladedancer got those massive buffs a couple weeks ago.)

Regardless, the OP asked for a melee build.
    Last edited by Muspel; 04-25-2013 at 12:28 PM.

I miss the old school sin/rs/bd solo spec =P
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

If you played Tact a bit you would be in the habit of ending every pull at 5 CPs so that there is zero ramp up on your next pull. The idea that it is "squishier" is ridiculous, since it can easily handle 3-5 mobs while leveling and end at or near 100% health with zero downtime ever.

Once you're in PvE gear at 60, this build can easily hold 10 mobs without any issue.

It may be a tiny bit behind NB or BD if you're fighting a single mob, but it still kills them plenty quick and if there's more than one mob, its a LOT faster.

Bladedancer is Honda Accord of leveling. Devastating Untarnished Nobility is the Ferrari.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 04-25-2013 at 07:33 PM.

If you played Tact a bit you would be in the habit of ending every pull at 5 CPs so that there is zero ramp up on your next pull. The idea that it is "squishier" is ridiculous, since it can easily handle 3-5 mobs while leveling and end at or near 100% health with zero downtime ever.

Once you're in PvE gear at 60, this build can easily hold 10 mobs without any issue.
    Bladedancer also ends pulls at full health, has more mobility, and does better AoE on the short fights you'll see while leveling. Tactician pulls ahead on longer AoE fights, but you only ever see those if you're doing rifts in large groups for some reason (or on a tiny handful of quests). As a nice bonus, Bladedancer never has to worry about energy.

Have you tested your Tactician build since they fixed the double-dip bug? If I'm not mistaken, Curative Engine took a hefty nerf when they did that.

It may be a tiny bit behind NB or BD if you're fighting a single mob, but it still kills them plenty quick and if there's more than one mob, its a LOT faster.
    More than a little behind on single target-- I can pull over 10k ST as in my bladedancer spec. AoE damage spikes up to 70k on 5 targets (although more realistically, you'll average 25-35k if BaSP isn't up).
    Last edited by Muspel; 04-25-2013 at 08:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread