+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any tips with the Ranger changes?

Default Any tips with the Ranger changes?

I am using 61RNG/10MM/5NB since I tried 41RNG/35MM and it did no where near as well. There are probably better specs, but it's a reasonable one.

As far as the abilities I am using.

Pull:

Piercing > Ace > Shadow > Splinter > Head Shot

So all the buffs/debuffs are up.

Then I just use:

Empowered (If it's off CD and at 3 points or less) > Quick > Twin

and use any of the other abilities to keep up buffs/debuffs etc.

Just wondering if there are any worthwhile changes to the spec or rotation etc to increase DPS and also, is Ranger now better than MM for RDPS?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Garnatian; 04-11-2013 at 09:19 AM.

1st off. Sub souls are 12sin 3nb. I like to open with shadow piercing ace splinter headshot. Not sure if its right just gets my dots timed together better. 61 ranger never used empowered shot. It sucks if its not instant cast, always has. Pet damage seems to be way up from the testing i did last night and it def looks like it will be higher dps than mm. It was late so i just did a few quick test. Tonight i plan on getting on pts in the dummy foundry with all the crystals and raid buffs to test it for sure. On live with no crystal in either ranger or mm i was 300+ as ranger consistantly. While im sure the crystal will change the results up im figuring the ranger crystal should be worth about the same dps as the mm crystal now. But we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    1st off. Sub souls are 12sin 3nb. I like to open with shadow piercing ace splinter headshot. Not sure if its right just gets my dots timed together better. 61 ranger never used empowered shot. It sucks if its not instant cast, always has. Pet damage seems to be way up from the testing i did last night and it def looks like it will be higher dps than mm. It was late so i just did a few quick test. Tonight i plan on getting on pts in the dummy foundry with all the crystals and raid buffs to test it for sure. On live with no crystal in either ranger or mm i was 300+ as ranger consistantly. While im sure the crystal will change the results up im figuring the ranger crystal should be worth about the same dps as the mm crystal now. But we will see.
    Really? With empowered and without it nets me like 1k DPS. Though not having to use a cast time ability would be nice.
    Last edited by Garnatian; 04-11-2013 at 11:04 AM.

The diff is more than likley because dummy parsing is energy starved and by using emp shot your not having to deal with low energy. I havent tested 61 ranger using hard cast emp shot so i guess i could be mistaken, but no rogue ranged spec has ever been better hard casting empnot to mention, 10 mm you have no weapon buffs. 12 sin gives you 2. Try the 1w sin 3 nb build and compair those number to you hard cast emp shot.

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    The diff is more than likley because dummy parsing is energy starved and by using emp shot your not having to deal with low energy. I havent tested 61 ranger using hard cast emp shot so i guess i could be mistaken, but no rogue ranged spec has ever been better hard casting empnot to mention, 10 mm you have no weapon buffs. 12 sin gives you 2. Try the 1w sin 3 nb build and compair those number to you hard cast emp shot.
    It is energy starved with ES. I've tried both specs now. They parse very similarly. Though the plus of not having to stay still to cast is good enough for me to not bother with Empowered.
    Last edited by Garnatian; 04-11-2013 at 11:27 AM.

I use 61 rng, 5 marks (increased range), 10 sin

Dps parsing rotation i use

Ace, Splinter, Piercing Shadow Fire HS
    then
    Splinter, QS x4 Twin shot
    then repeat of line 1 minus SF and use TS
    repeat line 2
    repeat line one total TS if HS is still going strong

I do about 1k more with this build than i did with 61 marks 10 *** 5 nb
    Last edited by ptorretta; 04-11-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Commander of The Watch (http://thewatch.enjin.com)
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness". Terry Pratchett

+ Reply to Thread