• 1 Post By Appendy
  • 1 Post By Appendy
  • 2 Post By Muspel
  • 1 Post By Gunzip
  • 1 Post By Calo
  • 1 Post By yevgenii

Thread: PvP Rogue Builds?

Default PvP Rogue Builds?

You guys got any good PvP builds? Ranged or Meele? And also a short description of the build playstyle would be most helpful. Thanks

Shadowlander

There are many viable builds. Rogue is in a good spot, there are a lot of options.

61 sin
    NB/RS
    61 MM
    Any mix of tact/bard
    61 bard
    61 tact

There are guides for all of them in the guides section. Essentially, if you're the first three on that list, you either pew pew or poke poke (or both) and try to not get hit. If you're tact or bard you're a killer support, with damage as a very secondary role (keep that in mind).

There are more, just check out the guides section.. I mean that's what it's for, anyway. Have fun with it.
    Last edited by yevgenii; 04-08-2013 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yevgenii View Post
    There are many viable builds. Rogue is in a good spot, there are a lot of options.

61 sin
    NB/RS
    61 MM
    Any mix of tact/bard
    61 bard
    61 tact

There are guides for all of them in the guides section. Essentially, if you're the first three on that list, you either pew pew or poke poke (or both) and try to not get hit. If you're tact or bard you're a killer support, with damage as a very secondary role (keep that in mind).

There are more, just check out the guides section.. I mean that's what it's for, anyway. Have fun with it.
    Yah I agree with you on lots of guides, but most are geared toward PvE which isn't really cutting it against geared opponents. I mean MM is great burst dmg, but against lots of valor it's almost naught. I'm guessing a lot of people don't PvP or else peeps are just keeping their builds secretive for that edge.

Also if any knows how to make the RW macro for focus fire skull or 1 and it also marks that highlighted player? I seen it in action; super effective!

Quote Originally Posted by lilstev24 View Post
    I mean MM is great burst dmg, but against lots of valor it's almost naught.
    You must be that guy who targets a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    You must be that guy who targets a warrior.
    More like cleric...

More like cleric...
    Find a warden, they go down like <insert played out s3xual simile here>

Purging helps, as well as that healing debuff in your pvp tree (at work atm, don't know the name, it's the heart icon). Keep interrupting those casts! Someone running away? Barbed shot and make em bleed or Static shot and stop them. Taking full advantage of the MM utility is what's gonna get you the most KBs, all the while having great mobility and ease of kiting.

If your valor or vengeance is on the low side or if they have sh*t tons of heals (shouldn't make much difference) just purge and interrupt healers. If you keep them busy you're really contributing more than you know.

61 Marksman, when played well, is one of the most infuriating specs to fight against in any warfront.

I get marked in PvP all the time, because people hate being purged. And they especially hate it when I punt stone carriers off the ledge in Karthan Ridge.
    Last edited by Muspel; 04-08-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Thanks for the input guys! What do you guys think is a more interesting or stronger Meele spec to play in pvp NB/RS or 61 SIN?

Thanks for the input guys! What do you guys think is a more interesting or stronger Meele spec to play in pvp NB/RS or 61 SIN?
    44 NB / 32 SIN, you'll melt people, but you're a glass canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Prophet of Telara

They are both strong for their intended purpose.

NB/RS will be much stronger as a brawler up front or fighting multiple enemies at a time. Your damage isn't through the roof, but you can take a beating and have quite a few CD's that can turn the tides of a fight not going in your favor. That being said, if you are off fighting on your own against other powerful builds, you are somewhat CD dependent. When fighting with your team, you shouldn't really need to use them that often though. This is a build that is strong no matter what your gear level.

Full Sin on the other hand will be better at burning people down quickly, if you execute well. The tradeoff is that you will get burned down quickly as well, so your main targets will be squishies. This build is a little more gear-dependant. You can, however, do something more like 48Sin/28RS to be more survivable. In reality, you lose enough burst that NB/RS would become a better option though, unless you just have to have permastealth.

I also recommend having a Bard/Tact build and MM build. I don't like them as well, but there are times when they are the best way to help the team.

Shadowlander

Yah I agree with you on lots of guides, but most are geared toward PvE which isn't really cutting it against geared opponents. I mean MM is great burst dmg, but against lots of valor it's almost naught.
    As the infamous rogue genius has said on this thread, MM can be incredibly annoying. High damage, high burst, mobile as all hell, healing debuff, etc make them a great choice if you're undergeared (in which case a melee spec would not serve you too well).

NB/RS is a great all around spec. You don't have to stick to your targets too much, and have enough all around survivability/damage to throw down.

61 Sin is my personal favorite just because of how stealth-oriented it is. I played a rogue in vanilla WoW so I prefer this one, but there's a lot you can screw up and as others have said, its more gear dependent so you may have to wait to try this one.

Any mix of tact/bard or full bard or full tact is also worth having, for when you have few healers a 61 bard can really turn the tide.

Thanks guys for all the good info, been pvping in MM and Sin, still need to try out NB/RS.

Oh btw, Much love Muspel (Gentleman and a Scholar)!

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    61 Marksman, when played well, is one of the most infuriating specs to fight against in any warfront.

I get marked in PvP all the time, because people hate being purged. And they especially hate it when I punt stone carriers off the ledge in Karthan Ridge.
    If I'm trying to infuriate people I use

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t...0/ApayGGAaA8/B

It's much more effective at annoyance.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by yevgenii View Post
    As the infamous rogue genius has said on this thread, MM can be incredibly annoying. High damage, high burst, mobile as all hell, healing debuff, etc make them a great choice if you're undergeared (in which case a melee spec would not serve you too well).

[...]

Any mix of tact/bard or full bard or full tact is also worth having, for when you have few healers a 61 bard can really turn the tide.
    Honestly if you're undergeared you'd be best off playing a bard, tactibard or even full tactician and support your team, without much gear behind it you won't be making a major impact in a WF.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammako View Post
    Honestly if you're undergeared you'd be best off playing a bard, tactibard or even full tactician and support your team, without much gear behind it you won't be making a major impact in a WF.
    Untrue. Marksman is very effective even without gear, because so much of you power comes from utility (especially Eradicate).

I've said it before, but Marksman's main job isn't necessarily to deal damage, although it's good at that too. Marksman is almost an offensive support, focusing on removing buffs and rooting key targets that are trying to run away from the front line, among other things.

+ Reply to Thread