+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for 61 Bard Spec with macros/rotation

Soulwalker

Default Looking for 61 Bard Spec with macros/rotation

Greetings All

I am looking for a 61 Bard spec with the macros and rotation spelled out.

I have been looking using the search feature without success and do not have the time to look through hundreds of posts on these forums to find it.

Would someone please link me to a post with this information? I would greatly appreciate the help.

Relleum

Soulwalker

Default Same here

I'm also looking for exactly the same thing! So would also appreciate it a lot

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...kGGBiGllay/A90

Macros

Regular Old VoJ
    #show verse of joy
    cast verse of joy
    raid Be a Rock Star VoJ
    group Be a Rock Star VoJ
    yell Be a Rock Star VoJ

Regular old Virtuoso
    #show Virtuoso
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Riff
    cast Virtuoso

Something new
    #show harmonic distortion
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Harmonic Distortion

and a second with

Cast @focus harmonic Distortion

Focus being your tank of course. I swap these out as needed.

Using power cord is a straight up dps loss, even if spec'd into the "adds 15% damage to cadence or cadenza"

I will not bore you with the math but what you should do is clip a channel. 2 ticks of cadence or cadenza is equal to one global cooldown. 2 ticks of either, followed by a full channel will do more dps that PC>channel*15% damage. So do NOT bother with Power cord

I am not even going to spec into it until I go 61 points. ps 61 points is a must. the 58 ability is a multi target damage shield and the 61 ability is pure win. Damage bonus, HoT and AoE damage all in one ability.

HARMONIC DISTORTION (new ability)

Okay here is how Harmonic Distortion works. Every time you use a Coda (Restoration, Wrath, Fury, Cowardice etc.) you get a stack of harmonic energy. It increases your damage by 5% per stack up to 5 stacks. You can however blow stacks on harmonic Distortion. This is a single target heal, hence the @mouseoverui macro or @focus macro.

CADENZA

3 channels of cadenza (even when clipped to 2 combo points) will take Verse of Vitality and the new Verse of Agony attack off cool down.

Basically this is a cliff notes version that usually works.

*Get motifs up.

*Look at the raid frames to decide whether to channel Cadence because that heals or cadenza. If steady state heals aren't necessary it's cadenza, if it is needed then cadence. When doing so keep in mind whether you should be using multiple oscillations.

*Use VoV and CoR as needed

*Use Coda of Fury/Wrath and VoA when VoV, CoR and debuffs are not needed.

*If you pop VoV and/or VoA use cadenza to get them off CD as fast as possible.

* ALWAYS pop some sort of finisher roughly every 20 seconds to keep your motifs up but other than that it is pretty easy.

It's more complicated than that BUT there really is no rotation. Do you have Debuffs from Archon/BM? Do you need to heal or to focus on dps? What you do is very situational and can change through out a fight.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Soulwalker

^ What anthem should you be using, I didn't see that in your post.

depends on make up. A Cloro can handle fervor, an archon Glory etc. so in a 20 man you often run competance. In a 10 man you go with what is needed most. I kinda compare being a bard to playing jazz, you improv off of the rest of the band.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavira View Post
    ^ What anthem should you be using, I didn't see that in your post.
    The bread and butter of being a bard is calling the situation by ear. There is no concrete execution or strict buff setup. They should probably even be actively switched all the time.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

Thank you all for the information... I really appreciate the input

Relleum

If you do not have a Chloro, use Anthem of Fervor (but you should always have a Chloro).
    If you have an Archon, use Anthem of Competence.
    If you have a Beastmaster, do not use an Anthem, it's unnecessary.

+ Reply to Thread