+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bladedancer Feedback

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ehxon View Post
    you really think that mm is harder to play than blade dancer in the current state of pvp? i disagree people dont play blade dnacer in pvp because pure raw melee is not a viable for some people. having to maintain defense and offense at the same time the whole time is alot harder than just spamming barbed shot swift shot empowered shot finisher empowered shot, etc all the way in the back while the blade dancer in the front is taking all the dmg, squirrels stuns, disarms, roots, snares, other cc, etc.
    Let me just simmer down this text wall to its raw element.

while the blade dancer in the front is taking all the dmg
    This.

You can blab all you want about "keeping your defenses up" (whatever that means), but the bottom line is you soak damage and if you don't get healed, you die. So much skill.

people dont play blade dnacer in pvp because pure raw melee is not a viable for some people
    People don't play full bladedancer because it falls short for everything compared to our other melee specs. I've tried and all I can say is your just giving your healer a hard time and everyone on your team trying to carry anyone playing this spec lol.

If you'd want to actually contribute to your team winning,nightblade and assassin builds bring far, far more tools to contribute then being kited while trying to pull off rotations to ramp up a sliver of damage.

It's not that bladedancer is harder to play properly, it's that it contributes nothing compared to even a derp marksmen.

Plus all I ever see you play is nightblade while in a premade lol. Nightblade isn't exactly hard to pick up the basics either like MM yet there are only a few that even play it properly.
    Last edited by Delmlord; 03-28-2013 at 07:13 PM.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Atyr View Post
    I personally don't find BD fun to play at all. It's not a very complicated spec, but even the smallest mistake has a larger impact on your dps than most other builds in the game. I feel the soul needs an entire reworking. Currently, the soul is cooldown based, but as Gery put it, it doesn't work well with the way fights are actually designed.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I like Dunsparrow's idea of stances. I both like and dislike his actual ideas for what the stances should be though; at least when considering the 15s shared cd.

The major problem with 15s shared gcd is you'll run into similar issues as is currently the case. You disconnect for 3 seconds, so for 12 seconds, you do sub-optimal dps. What this will turn into is that it will be better DPS to disconnect and do nothing for 3 seconds, and that doesn't seem right to me. The spec definitely needs some way to handle disconnects, and needs a general numbers boost.

Maybe make that Blade Tempo stackable, vastly reduce the shared GCD (maybe 3-5 seconds), and change Fated Blades a high dps, long CD stance. So you'd have a disconnect stance, a basic dps stance, an aoe dps stance, and a high ST dps stance. Further, there should probably be a second basic dps stance, maybe something that will completely change up the rotation even more. So for basic dps, you can switch between the 2 at all times and maintain stacks.

Then when you prepare for big bursts (flaring power), you have to time your stances ahead of time, which I think would be interesting and tricky enough to be fun. But if you're not careful, your blade tempo could fall off if you go too far overboard. It will require some nice timing, but not to the degree where if you need to save something for an extra 10 seconds, the spec falls apart.

The spec would be about maintaining the 3 or 5 or whatever Blade Tempo charges, and you would be dancing between stances in very complicated ways sometimes.
    That could be all right. As long as the frequent dance rotating gameplay is kept intact it'll still feel like a Bladedancer to me. Though keep in mind Blade Tempo is learned waaaay before the other DPS dances so some serious repositioning in the tree and roots would be necessary.

What I don't want is whatever's changed to effectively have BD mechanics just simplified down to "AoE stance", "ST stance", "soloing stance".

Personally though, I'm still in favour of having the dances changed to be based on charges rather than timers, as suggested earlier:

Blade Huatle: Now increases the maximum number of charges of Rhythmic Actions.

Blade Tempo: Your next X Physical attacks deal 30% more damage.

Dualism: Your next x off-hand attacks strike twice and add an extra combo point.

Double Coup: Your next x Bladedancer builders deal 70% more damage.

Blade and Soul Parity: Your next x attacks have a 50% increased critical chance and critical damage.

Fated Blades: Your next X Bladedancer attacks ignore 100% of your target's armour and gain a 200% bonus to Attack Power.
    Last edited by Kedon; 03-29-2013 at 04:30 PM.

I'm pretty sure BD wont get overhauled until next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #50
    Rift Team

Just a heads up, some Bladedancer and Ranger changes are already up on PTS. Patch notes haven't been posted yet.

1) Bladedancer: Dauntless Strike: No longer increases the Critical Hit chance of group members. It now applies a debuff to the target, increasing the targetís chance to be critically hit by 5%.

2) Bladedancer: Blade Hustle: An additional effect has been added. You now gain Blade Hustle every 3s, increasing the damage of your next Quick Strike or Precision Strike 3-9%. Stacks up to 10 times.

3) Bladedancer: Disengage: Can now be used anytime. Now on GCD.

4) Bladedancer: Dancing Steel, Hundred Blades: Now on a 30s cooldown, down from 60s.

5) Ranger: New ability added to the Blood Raptor. The Blood Raptor can now charge at the enemy, dealing physical damage.

6) Ranger: Escape Artist: Cooldown has been reduced to 1 min, down from 2 min.

7) Ranger: Fleeting Instinct: Effect can now be applied both in and out of combat.

Wow, Bladedancer is going to be an AoE monster now. Thanks, Ailion.

EDIT: Come to think of it, Blade Hustle also synergizes well with Hundred Blades and Dancing Steel, since it'll stack up while they channel.
    Last edited by Muspel; 04-02-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post
    Just a heads up, some Bladedancer and Ranger changes are already up on PTS. Patch notes haven't been posted yet.

1) Bladedancer: Dauntless Strike: No longer increases the Critical Hit chance of group members. It now applies a debuff to the target, increasing the targetís chance to be critically hit by 5%.

2) Bladedancer: Blade Hustle: An additional effect has been added. You now gain Blade Hustle every 3s, increasing the damage of your next Quick Strike or Precision Strike 3-9%. Stacks up to 10 times.

4) Bladedancer: Dancing Steel, Hundred Blades: Now on a 30s cooldown, down from 60s.

5) Ranger: New ability added to the Blood Raptor. The Blood Raptor can now charge at the enemy, dealing physical damage.

6) Ranger: Escape Artist: Cooldown has been reduced to 1 min, down from 2 min.

7) Ranger: Fleeting Instinct: Effect can now be applied both in and out of combat.

does dauntless strike stack with lethal poison then, or over write?]
    Last edited by Drathek; 04-02-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

I'm 99% certain it'll overwrite. It still has the drawback of being a single-target debuff, which is a bit odd in a soul with so much AoE, but it's rare that you need to apply it in an AoE anyways, so it's not a big deal.
    Last edited by Muspel; 04-02-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Champion of Telara

im assuming that as well which would be nice since it opens up more options
    having to run one if it stacks for max dps is more my worry for us guilds with limited rogues
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

These changes are also gonna be a massive buff for Bladedancer soloing builds.

I'm not at my home computer right now, so I can't check... does Blade Hustle stack up when you're out of combat?

Rift Chaser

Hi Ailion,

Could you consider to switch the Bladedancer talent "Ambidextrous" with Riftstalker's "Unseen Fury" talent for a better synergy between souls?

Since Dexterity gives dodge and deflect, a Dex talent would be more suited for a tank soul. Bladedancer on the other side is a very AP dependant soul and thus, an AP talent would be more suited for it.

This change would also give us more options to choose a sub soul for DPS specs, because Unseen Fury in Riftstalker is currently a DPS loss due to the passive gift bonus.
    Last edited by Sindariel; 04-02-2013 at 11:24 AM.
    Sindariel - Mage - Brutmutter EU

This is an interesting way to help BDs during disconnects on top of adding a bit of overall dps. Assuming I'm reading this correctly, you'll get a stacking buff that'll boost your next quick/precision based on how long it's been since your last quick/precision?

Quote Originally Posted by Sindariel View Post
    Since Dexterity gives dodge and deflect, a Dex talent would be more suited for a tank soul.
    A buff is the LAST thing Riftstalker needs right now.
    Last edited by Muspel; 04-02-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    A buff is the LAST thing Riftstalker needs right now.
    makes sense though...

1) Bladedancer: Dauntless Strike: No longer increases the Critical Hit chance of group members. It now applies a debuff to the target, increasing the target’s chance to be critically hit by 5%.

Any chance of a talent higher up in bladedancer that could give keen strike a 20m range? Something to help so disconnects don't effect bladedancer's damage as much. So when we pick up binary, keen becomes a weak ranged builder that still has synergy with the rest of the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurugar View Post
    This is an interesting way to help BDs during disconnects on top of adding a bit of overall dps. Assuming I'm reading this correctly, you'll get a stacking buff that'll boost your next quick/precision based on how long it's been since your last quick/precision?
    I didn't see anything saying using Quick or Precision will consume the buff. Not sure though.
    Last edited by Mayi; 04-02-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast