+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 28RS-48SIN PvP

Telaran

Default 28RS-48SIN PvP

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t92yGE4/ykyGGaEyx4/x

Never played an Assassin before in PvP, was wondering if anyone has tried a spec like this? Seems like it would be fun with all the teleports with planar reversal and backstab. I may try it, but not sure about points in Sin, any suggestions? My play style is pretty defensive, also thought about switching BD to MM for the run speed.

Shadowlander

You'll want the 0 point mm for the ranged attack in your spam builder macro for sure.

It might be a pretty decent spec, but I have doubts if it will be anything like what nb/rs is capable of.

Shadowlander

If you want to be more defensive probably better off with something like this :

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t.../yhiiEGFcF0/Tf

Gives you Flashback and an interrupt as well as a bit more beef.

If defensive is your goal, sin is not your soul.

And losing serpent strike by not going 51 is massive.
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by McWaffles View Post
    If defensive is your goal, sin is not your soul.

And losing serpent strike by not going 51 is massive.
    Dropping 3 in RS and adding it to Sin to get 51 maybe good. Defensive it not necessarily my goal, its just normally how i play. Looking for a medium with defense and offensive.

61 or die

If you want defense or to "duel" people for battles over a few seconds go NB/RS. Assassain is about getting behind clothies sneaky like and dropping them and it's good at it.

You'd want to dish out the most potential damage while your target is stunned or silenced or you already failed and NB/RS would of been a better pick if your fighting more than 3+ targets or are taking a lot of dmg.

a monster offense is the best defense... they can't fight back if they're dead lmao

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    Which is ******ed... not saying 61 sin isn't easily the best way to go, but that that is the problem.... them consistently throwing necessary or irreplacable abilities 41->61 points in a tree cuts down the vast vast majority of customization in speccing....

Makes balancing easier, but then why not just write out the flaming 5 specs they want use to play and just ditch the whole soul trees... save allot of fustration at the theorycrafting end by me...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    Which is ******ed... not saying 61 sin isn't easily the best way to go, but that that is the problem.... them consistently throwing necessary or irreplacable abilities 41->61 points in a tree cuts down the vast vast majority of customization in speccing....

Makes balancing easier, but then why not just write out the flaming 5 specs they want use to play and just ditch the whole soul trees... save allot of fustration at the theorycrafting end by me...
    this is how i spec a 51 point sin: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#ykF5laEaAy/

i really don't see a reason to go any deeper into sin. the extra 10 points don't get you anything astounding, unless i'm missing something. the extra 25 points you have can gain you much more damage and mobility when spent on another soul. MM is normally my paired soul choice, but the switching from ranged to melee bug is extremely annoying and really hurts your damage once you get back into melee range if you macro ranged attacks/finishers in with your melee abilities.
    Last edited by idkface; 03-13-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Soulwalker

nevermind, delm's 61 sin is good. carry on, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    they want use to play and just ditch the whole soul trees... save allot of fustration at the theorycrafting end by me...
    Well sorta and not really. It's not that the other specs aren't viable their just not optimal. Trion made it so the putting more points into a tree makes you better at filling the niche or role that a particular tree is suppose to fill.

Plus the soul tree isn't complicated enough for some real deep theory crating to be needed and the competitive community to even put them to use in pvp or pve isn't very large in rift. I just hope that things don't get any more cookie cutter than it is because that'll be boring.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    Well sorta and not really. It's not that the other specs aren't viable their just not optimal. Trion made it so the putting more points into a tree makes you better at filling the niche or role that a particular tree is suppose to fill.

Plus the soul tree isn't complicated enough for some real deep theory crating to be needed and the competitive community to even put them to use in pvp or pve isn't very large in rift. I just hope that things don't get any more cookie cutter than it is because that'll be boring.
    Well, from the last time I played, (roughly a year ago) now seems like the 'more cookie cutter' you are talking about, just to put it in perspective. Next to, if not, every good PvP spec is a 51-61 of some tree with the 15-25~ points extra tossed around for a wee bit of utility or bumps in dmg.

I'm just saying, that its silly to have the option for soul trees when next to every spec demands you to dedicate to one, leaving no real room to mess around with 3/4 of the points.
    But yeah, the train of though is more an idle thought than anything since the problem really can't go anywhere at this point...

There never was REALLY DEEP theorycrafting, but there were multiple ways to pull off similiar ends, which I found entertaining to work out and adapt to my playstyle/the situation
    Last edited by garethh; 03-14-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Default I have used this build for a long time, and it has never failed me.

The build: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Tf/ykFlliGAGl4/Ah0g

This build is the second most mobile and least kitable sin spec, next to Rs/Sin, which is also very viable if you are good at balancing your Stalker Phase buff. I have never really missed the interrupt from blade dancer variant, since the silence is usually on DR, and the target just immediately recasts the same spell (imo without lockouts interrupts are not very useful). The added run speed from Hasty Departure helps to maintain your targets with the absence of a root or snare mechanic on Leaping Plunge. Overall with world pvp and ganking, the bladedancer spec is prolly stronger cause you wont have to worry about the DR being boned before you can use your stuff, but in wfs where ToT = DPS, the higher mobility spec for me comes out on top. The last four points in Tact are a personal preference, and could be put anyplace. imo the little heals help alot.

In the end, a good sin is never content to bring only one spec. I alternate between four sin specs depending on the situation. In general of late I am using 32rs/42sin/2mm more than anything since the added surv. tends to outweigh the little bit of extra damage from the full sin spec. Again, ToT = DPS and has to be a consideration when "theorycrafting" pvp specs. ToT is everything for sins, and RS/Sin is king of mobility.
    Last edited by Anathemus; 03-23-2013 at 08:11 AM.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Default I should add to that (damn the edit timer)...

ToT is also a function of not getting pwnt when you break stealth to kill a target. The 32 point Rifstalker point teleport is far superior to Slip Away at giving you that ability to get the hell out when the deal goes south (which in pug groups happens all the time). Being able to get out and reset to stealth gives you more ToT in an optimal setting, which for a sin is the ten seconds after you open on a target from stealth.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

48 Sin / 28 RS is what I run in PvP. You can ignore everyone who says that sin is not supposed to be played that way. It works well and makes you pretty tough. Not having Serpent Strike is definitely a loss of damage, but having the interrupt and shorter shift cooldowns is worth it, imo.

+ Reply to Thread