+ Reply to Thread

Thread: improved version of rogue healing support build

Default improved version of rogue healing support build

first off i wanted to thank mayi for his/her imput you helped increase the hps of my original build so thank you again

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMtchVVc...bzvgrzVR0q0zvx

now rotation is very simple

curative core,curative remote spam empyrean bolt till 5 combo,currative blast,spam empyean bolt till 5 combo points,coda of restoration as it refreshes motifs that also increase the amount of healing you will do

buffs that i use are

anthem of glory,fanfare of vigor,motif of tenacity,motif of bravery,motif of regeneration and finally restorative engine now with these your parties stats will go up if you used them in this order especially from motif if bravery on all your healing abilities will now be buffed and if you crit on a heal from your motif or core to top everyone's health off reapply motif of regeneration and restorative engine as they will now heal for more dont let your motifs fall if they fall you will need to rebuff to get them back up for max healing

also i have been seeing a few comments on why i dont lose curative torrent the reason is it gives you a buff that will increase the number of combo points your empryean bolt will generate by max of 4 this is a nice buff to keep up between pulls as you can use it without pulling also if you are facing a mechanic where you dont have a target and people are still taking damage ie dots you can still be a vital aoe healer also if you need focused heals it is something you can use as well

thanks again as i will be continuing to try to make this build even better for all you rogues out there i apreciate all the feed back from the community ya all have been great

have a great day and thank you again

mura
    independent thought is more addictive then starbucks coffee

Improved MoR= wasted points, as the bard will be putting this up alrdy and they do not stack, not having curative beams, and more to the point, curative bolt is also a hps loss in general, when performing a bolt rotation healing for when people are not stacked enough to warrant a torrent heal rotation:
    emp bolt does x amount of dmg and no healing, healing comes from engine vs curative bolt does 4k regular(have seen 10k+hp on a crit heal) st heals + engine healing. Like you would for dps tact, having the curative beam going the whole time on the tank for example, will also improve hps much like a HOT, though depending on number of friendlies between you and the target.

while triumphant spirit is enticing enough to want to go get it.. bardic insiration is also a waste.. wtf is your bard doing?? CoR.. while this seems like a nice burst heal, remember, it is healing ONLY 5 people, which can include yourself..

tact healing specced right will have the following heals happening at the same time:
    Curative remote
    Curative core
    Curative blast
    Curative bolt+resto engine/Curative torrent
    Curative beam

with options for raid mitigation, raid buffs, and the ability to swap to decent aoe dps or bolt spam.

just saying... MoR will alrdy be applied by a bard, refreshing motiffs will also be done by him, with ease, essentially.. there are many points here being wasted in areas already covered by raid members which do not stack.

While some specs we build may push a certain number higher on the meters, it is always important to think about the scenarios in which it would or would not be used and how they weave together with the rest of your raid.

you will find a 58 or even 61 point tact much more useful for the purposes of aoe healing IMO..

there are several guides already on tactician, as dps and as healing, which show, document, test, and prove this.

my brother used to say you can have a garage full of tools and if your missing one tool no mater how much you scream and yell that car wont get fixed

with that being said the job of a support rogue is to assist the party with damage healing buffing debuffing as needed

if you try to put all that in one spec you will only ever be sub par

examples

61 rb 15 bard has over 45k hp at 60 with a mixture of t1 and t2 pvp set this has a ton of hp but cant do jack for damage but takes a long time to drop

61 mm 10 ranger 5 nightblade
    high range damage output absolutely no survivability

now 40 bard 36 tact
    has utility some healing some damage

all 3 of these specs have there uses and used right in the right situations will shine

with all that being said this is a healing spec and another tool for fellow rogues to use if you dont wish to try it then dont but the rogues who wish to try it out please let me know what you think

have a great day

mura

You seem to not understand the point that everyone is making.

No matter what, your raid is going to have someone with at least 40 points in Bard. This person will keep up all of the motifs and codas. Multiple copies of the same Motif overwrite each other rather than stacking, and that means that including MoR in your healing done is misleading at best-- that's healing that's going to happen regardless of whether or not you're the only using it, so wasting GCDs on it is a bad idea (especially since a pure bard should do more healing with it than you, thanks to reverberation).

This means that when you're evaluating what this build has to offer, you have to look at what it does when there's already a bard in the group. And the unfortunate answer to that is "less than an actual healer unless the raid is stacked for Curative Torrent".

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    You seem to not understand the point that everyone is making.

No matter what, your raid is going to have someone with at least 40 points in Bard. This person will keep up all of the motifs and codas. Multiple copies of the same Motif overwrite each other rather than stacking, and that means that including MoR in your healing done is misleading at best-- that's healing that's going to happen regardless of whether or not you're the only using it, so wasting GCDs on it is a bad idea (especially since a pure bard should do more healing with it than you, thanks to reverberation).

This means that when you're evaluating what this build has to offer, you have to look at what it does when there's already a bard in the group. And the unfortunate answer to that is "less than an actual healer unless the raid is stacked for Curative Torrent".
    the trolling is really getting old try the spec cause i know for a fact that this will out heal 40 bard 36 tac it has already been done just simply comparing the two builds will show you that there is a large increase in all the abilities both damage and healing done

and it has been tested to out heal in pvp zone events and drr's most the time it can even out heal healers in large aoe damage points also it will be tested in a raid within the week

thanks and have a good day

mura

ps cause a site says this is the build to use does not make it law play a game and enjoy it if you cant enjoy playing it then there is no point to play it after all it is a game and meant to be enjoyed

Shadowlander

I don't fully understand the point of this build. If it's meant to support the raid and replace the bard then I cant see it being more beneficial than the current standard 40/36. Your build doesn't even get Fanfare of Power or Resonance.

If your build is meant to go along side a raid Bard, then I still don't understand why you spec so far into bard and get things like improved Motif of Regeneration when that would just get overrided by the bard buffs making those points useless.

Even if this build has higher hps than 40/36 standard, it loses out on critical raid buffs from the bard tree that makes the 40/36 support so great in group settings. If all you want is hps and play along side a 40/36 bard/tact support, then why wouldn't you spec farther into tact and at least get curative beam etc.

Half of your rotation is being overwritten by your raids bard/tact. If you are replacing your raids support, then you're lowering the dps of the entire raid while increasing your hps which is frankly unneeded. 40/36 bard/tact consistently tops the charts in hps anyways in aoe heavy raid fights.
    Last edited by tsMaker; 03-06-2013 at 09:08 AM.

If you turned up for one of my guild's raids with this build you'd be sitting on the bench until you got a clue.

Also the quote in your signature would be more impressive if you understood that then is not a valid replacement for than in a sentence.
    Last edited by Zazen; 03-06-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by murabika View Post
    the trolling is really getting old
    Disagreeing with someone and providing the reasoning for why you think they're wrong is not trolling. I don't think you understand what trolling actually is.

I was going to ask why you put points in certain areas but i see you are pulling out the troll card so i won't even bother.
    The 2 counters to your spec was informative and respecfully done.
    "any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank" Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by Issacofxeth View Post
    I was going to ask why you put points in certain areas but i see you are pulling out the troll card so i won't even bother.
    The 2 counters to your spec was informative and respecfully done.
    Of course, the original post could be one massive troll and his further talk of trolling is actually an intentional line to distract users to the brilliance of the original troll.

If this is the case then the OP is indeed a master troll and kudos to him!

imo.. don't even bother guys, his ignorance will be his downfall, let his posts fade away, not being bumped by responses, much like the silly things turbododge would post.

We tried, he failed, nuff said. hope he enjoys trying to raid solo.

Soulwalker

If you can outheal a well played Tact Bard with this spec then its a miracle the increase in healing and buffs you bring to the raid as 40bard 36tact is way more than this will ever do
    e.g no points in resonance means the raid and yourself are missing 5% increase in all stats, and no points in reverberation means your loosing 40% increase in attack power which is where your healing comes from its simple maths your build brings very little to the raid as a support and less healing than a superior build already used by most raiding guilds.

+ Reply to Thread