+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weird Issue with Infernal Beam in the Golem Foundry

Default Weird Issue with Infernal Beam in the Golem Foundry

I played today my rogue alt and got into golem foundry(expert).
    I was playing tactman and used Infernal Beam on one of the trash mobs of the first group....
    the mob which was my target for Infernal Beam died and short after that the last one of first group died and the other groups got activated(you can attack them now)...the line between me and my target for Infernal Beam was far away from the other groups but this happened:
    After approx 1 sec after the first group was down the other groups engaged us like this:
    First the group at 11 o`clock got a tic of Infernal Beam(Hud message on the screen) 1 sec after that I saw how the group at 9 o`clock also engaged us and I saw again exactly 1 tic of Infernal Beam on each mob....2sec after the 2nd group the group right in front of the boss engaged us(about 40 to 50m away from us) again with the message my Infernal Beam hit them with 1 tic and by this time my cd on Infernal Beam already expired.

I just felt trolled by the game in this case and ofc we wiped cause of this uncontrolable pull.

Rift Disciple

I've noticed that anytime I am in GF and there is a tactician, all of the packs get pulled once they are active. There is certainly something buggy with tact abilities in this instance. So I always recommend to other rogues to not use it.

It's not just tact abilities. I've had the same thing happen with Sentry battery a few times. But it only seems to happen in Golem Foundry.
    -Zparx of Imperium- -Icewatch-

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

I run tact/mm in GF all the time. I just don't use Infernal Beam on trash and there's no problem.

Soulwalker

I also had this issue when playing Tac/Man but not only in golem foundry. I can't reproduce it at will but it happens like once or two times a day. It can pull mobs away from my agro range (more than 35m) and even after the duration of infernal beam.
    Last edited by Grimazor; 02-27-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    I run tact/mm in GF all the time. I just don't use Infernal Beam on trash and there's no problem.
    ive also noticed with sentry battery, you can target something right infront of you, and it will still hit whatever is infront of you for about 35m (as if you were targetting something further away). i thought this was intended so i didnt really care much about it, kinda like it actually and i wish necrotic bolt would do the same.

(whats the width on those things anyway? 2 - 4m?)

I run Tacman and infernal beam on the trash all the time without these issues. Most of the time it seems we get adds is if someone body pulls the trash closest to the boss. Just be careful with the positional nature of Tac, and even back out far away. As long as you have los you should be able to hit them.

+ Reply to Thread