+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Tried Tactician as a Healer?`

Default Has Anyone Tried Tactician as a Healer?`

I've been trying to play with different tactician builds to figure out how to maximize the healing. I'm trying to maximize the healing without worrying about motifs, support, cooldowns, etc.. Has anyone tried something similar?

Here's the current version I'm playing with (haven't decided between 51tact and 46tact-5nb yet), I'm wondering if anyone else has tried something similar so we can share what we've found.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#T...hikw/vk6a84/wg
    Last edited by Mayi; 02-15-2013 at 08:26 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

I heal for phase 3 of Crucia as Tactician. Curative Torrent puts out insane heals if everyone is stacked up.

But if people are spread out, it's just not worth it.

Soulwalker

I would actually look at something similar to this

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#T...h8/vr2F9aEF0/t

(The amount of heals you gain from AP is not much compared to the gifts from the actual Tac/bard trees? #TBD)

And also keep the motifs up to do the real bard's job :P

You can always save Riff to refresh Motifs, every other time, and the rest will be either by controlling your Expanded Torrents/Torrents Overload, or by manually clicking the motifs.

I am really interested in this.
    Last edited by Dayblind; 02-15-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I heal for phase 3 of Crucia as Tactician. Curative Torrent puts out insane heals if everyone is stacked up.

But if people are spread out, it's just not worth it.
    Yea, I was looking for something to use on Matriarch or maybe conquest. An encounter where everyone's stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayblind View Post
    I would actually look at something similar to this

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#T...h8/vr2F9aEF0/t
    I wouldn't bother with motifs, I'm looking more for a build to use in a raid when there's already a bard. Plus you're missing a bunch of talents that increase healing and energy alteration. I've been messing around with energy alteration, I always assumed it was useless but I've been messing around with it with some success. If the Gifts from 5 more in tact is better then the ap/weapon dps from 5 NB then 51tact-25 bard would be the way to go. I was tweaking stuff and had to go before I could compare. 51 Tact gives you curative beam but I'm not a fan of that ability.
    Last edited by Mayi; 02-15-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Yea, I was looking for something to use on Matriarch or maybe conquest. An encounter where everyone's stacked.
    To be honest, I'd just go with 61Tact. The overall healing output will be slightly lower, but you get Fortification Core and Ablative Coil, which are amazingly useful.

Shadowlander

Your build is not that far away from the common 40/36, so I'd still go with this build as you spare one slot in the raid.
    On our progression at Zavial and Crucia we used a 61 Tac (15 Bard) because of his nice cooldowns for group damage. It also provided good healing at Zaviel (around 8k HPS, because raid is nicely stacked) and also did well on adds at Crucia (about 30k DPS). So for progression it might be an option for guilds still having problems after the nerfs.

back in the days, before the the broken stuff came with double dipping our bard used something like 41tac/bard for Crucia, and was #1 HPS every time if I remember right. Using the Curative Torrent mainly.

Now when double dipping is fixed, might be an option again, but then, I don't bard much(except when I'm lazy) so not 100% what the best options are.
    AFK.

Telaran

I have tried 61 tactician using torrents on a couple of fights. I tried it on Cyril in TotDQ as everyone is stacked. It was easy to hit everyone but I did almost no healing as the damage is so heavily tank focused. On Zaviel I found it healed better earlier on in the fight as people were more stacked, which was less than ideal as the healing needed peaks as movement does as stacking falls apart a bit. Still trying to kill Crucia but will probably stay 40/36 there as that seems to shine at the sub 30% phase, which is where we are currently wiping. 61 tactician may be useful earlier on for orbital strike, but warden cooldowns seem to have that covered.

Interested to see what builds people come up with but just not sure curative torrent well ever become useful in anything but a small selection of fights.
    Last edited by Altyrann; 02-16-2013 at 05:32 PM.

I've been trying to play with different tactician builds to figure out how to maximize the healing. I'm trying to maximize the healing without worrying about motifs, support, cooldowns, etc.. Has anyone tried something similar?

Here's the current version I'm playing with (haven't decided between 51tact and 46tact-5nb yet), I'm wondering if anyone else has tried something similar so we can share what we've found.

the highest pure healing tact build I've managed to scrounge up was using 58 tac/ 18 bard, I also use this in particular warfronts where healing without having contact with an enemy is needed. Throw in the traditional mouseover and focus healing macros for restorative bolt when on the move and disbursed with torrent for massive aoe healign when they like to **** things up in the middle of the map., works well as a raid healer also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    the highest pure healing tact build I've managed to scrounge up was using 58 tac/ 18 bard, I also use this in particular warfronts where healing without having contact with an enemy is needed. Throw in the traditional mouseover and focus healing macros for restorative bolt when on the move and disbursed with torrent for massive aoe healign when they like to **** things up in the middle of the map., works well as a raid healer also.
    Do you have a link to that particular build?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    the highest pure healing tact build I've managed to scrounge up was using 58 tac/ 18 bard, I also use this in particular warfronts where healing without having contact with an enemy is needed.
    Think it would be higher then 51tact-25 bard?
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Tp999kiyBkw/vk6a84/y

Problem with 58 is you'll miss out on Triumphant spirit. Restorative bolt is OK, but I decided it's just not worth it. The healing is too small to warrant losing Triumphant.

Whenever I've tried using restorative bolt in pvp I find people are out of range a lot so I lose out on healing. I've resigned myself to stick to empyrean bolt for a combo builder (with torrents), though in conquest that does mean I'd have to be closer to the other team... I'd have to try out empyrean bolt in conquest before deciding and maybe try out:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#T...hikw/vk6a84/A8

Never got around to compare the healing output difference between 5 more in tact, vs 5 in NB and 5 in MM after 46 in tact and 25 in bard.
    Last edited by Mayi; 02-16-2013 at 09:40 PM.

What exactly are you aiming for with this build? I assume you are not planning to replace your bard with it and if not I don't see the point. A 61 Bard build works on every single fight in the game and I don't think there is mileage having a heavy bard and heavy tact (unless it's dps focused) in the same raid.

Think it would be higher then 51tact-25 bard?
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Tp999kiyBkw/vk6a84/y

Problem with 58 is you'll miss out on Triumphant spirit. Restorative bolt is OK, but I decided it's just not worth it. The healing is too small to warrant losing Triumphant.

Whenever I've tried using restorative bolt in pvp I find people are out of range a lot so I lose out on healing. I've resigned myself to stick to empyrean bolt for a combo builder (with torrents), though in conquest that does mean I'd have to be closer to the other team... I'd have to try out empyrean bolt in conquest before deciding and maybe try out:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#T...hikw/vk6a84/A8

Never got around to compare the healing output difference between 5 more in tact, vs 5 in NB and 5 in MM after 46 in tact and 25 in bard.
    I'll have to try that out.. But I went 58 purely for the fortification core (a nice defensive cd for the raid) and primarily for the resto bolts, Since I get raid wide healing without the need to be in combat, it lets me heal without the enemy, and in phases where there are disconnects from the boss (like phase switching where dots or some other raid wide dmg is still there, or to get the raid up fast before the next phase). I am seeing resto bolt hit for about 4k per in pve on it's own, spamming it, on top of the raid healing from resto engine, comes out several thousand hps higher than tacbard healing, but with the additional defensive cd's, target focused bonus healing, and the ability to still crank out curative torrents.

Both still allow for the dps use of torrents on burst aoe mobs, and that additional 20% healing does look nice, but it ends up being close to or less than tacbard hps. And the requirement to have enemy contact.. even for a continued torrent rotation, (because you need a bolt/primer to drop overloads) disturbs me. haha, if only fortification core and resto bolt swapped places.. then We could indeed go for that extra healing % in mid bard....just out of reach...

there really isn't much difference in a 61tact and a 58tac/18 bard healing, and you do get ablative coil.. the +% to healing from gifts are the same per point.

You know what.. I'm going to just have to re-parse it all, since stat weights have changed a bit anyways.. the stats per heal seem to work much better on tactician than on bard abilities and points spent.

So I just checked some PTS numbers. I used curative blast and restorative engine as the benchmarks for healing since it's a flat amount with no variation, so I'm assuming the raw healing bonuses per build is reflected in the amount of curative blast and restorative engine. It won't account for different abilities, but should have total healing bonuses.

61tact-10sab-5bard:
    Curative Blast 772
    Restorative Engine 682
    Has fortification core, ablative core, restorative bolt, curative beam and curative torrent

51tact-25bard:
    Curative Blast 899
    Restorative Engine 794
    Has curative beam and curative torrent

46tact-25bard-5nb:
    Curative Blast 940
    Restorative Engine 829
    Has curative torrent

40bard-36tact - with 5 stacks of the AP buff
    Curative Blast 1088
    Restorative Engine 960
    Maintains motifs and gives resonance, have to use coda of restoration every 2nd finisher

I didn't expect the ap stacking buff to make that much of a difference. Curative blast is actually strongest in the bard hybrid, though that doesn't mean it's the best healer.

I guess to explain what I'm trying to do with the build, I'd like to come up with a build where you'd exchange it for a warden in a raid setting. So you'd still have a 61 bard, but replace a pure aoe healer with the build.
    Last edited by Mayi; 02-17-2013 at 09:00 PM.

You could probably replace an AoE chloro as long as the raid's stacked. But you're not gonna reach the potential burst healing of all the warden cooldowns. However that burst healing isn't necessary on most fights anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast