+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ES doesn't fire in macro after 5cp finisher? Driving me crazy!

Soulwalker

Default ES doesn't fire in macro after 5cp finisher? Driving me crazy!

Hoping for some insight here as I can't get this figured out and it really sucks.

I'm 61 MM and use the standard builder and finisher macros that are all over these forums. As I go through my rotation everything works as it should for a while. I build to 5, hit finisher, back to build and ES fires instantly. However, at some random point everything just gets "off" for some reason. Visually it's still the same. I build to 5, hit finisher, but when I go back to build it fires swift shot instead of ES. I then go through 5 shots without ES ever firing. This can happen several times in a row, then it somehow just starts working again.

If I sit on a dummy for several minutes and just keep going through my rotation the above scenario plays out over and over again. Obviously this KILLS my dps.

Some things that could be relevant:
    1. My latency is typically around 70
    2. My ability queue is set to short
    3. I'm pretty spammy with my buttons. Old MMO habits die hard.

Any thoughts on what the heck could be causing this? Only thing I can possibly think of is somehow I'm finishing at 4 even though I'm 110% sure visually I'm seeing 5 before I hit finishers. If that's the case I have no idea how I'd correct it. Other than that I'm completely lost on this.

Thanks for any help.
    Guild Leader - Evolution - Casual, fun, relaxed, and mature atmosphere. Evenings/late night PST (7pm - 1am server)
    Click HERE to apply!

energy management. If you have empowered shot and swift shot in the same macro, and swift shot is going off when you expected an empowered shot...most likely you dont have enough energy for empowered and it fires the cheaper swift shot.

a few things help remedy this scenario:
    1. use strafe when you are low on energy

2. use dead eye shot w/ bull's eye to make it take longer to get low on energy

3. seperate swift shot and empowered shot so you more readily understand when you are low on energy cuz your guy does nothing, and poof you arnt low on energy anymore, so you can actually get the empowered off. (doing nothing is not the fix to energy, but will help you realize when you start struggling with energy more readily)
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 02-13-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Query: Do you use Deadeye Shot?
    Subquery: Does this happen more often after Deadeye Shot?

Soulwalker

I do not use DE in my rotation. I use it with BE when its up.

The issue was energy management just as Shalar suggested. I just went in game and tested it thoroughly and doing what he suggested with strafe and DE worked perfectly.

I have never been energy starved before so it didn't even cross my mind. The problem was I recently hit 60 and added Free Recoil to my macros and the resulting increase in ES firing did me in. I do watch my energy enough to know I wasn't out, but didn't think about ES being such a high energy cost to cause SS to fire instead.

Thanks Shalar for taking the time to type that all out. It helped a ton, even if I feel kinda stupid now. Though I'll take feeling a bit stupid for asking over sucking in a group any day.
    Guild Leader - Evolution - Casual, fun, relaxed, and mature atmosphere. Evenings/late night PST (7pm - 1am server)
    Click HERE to apply!

you posted same time i did so I changed this
    Last edited by Orangu; 02-13-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Warspirit View Post
    I do not use DE in my rotation. I use it with BE when its up.

The issue was energy management just as Shalar suggested. I just went in game and tested it thoroughly and doing what he suggested with strafe and DE worked perfectly.

I have never been energy starved before so it didn't even cross my mind. The problem was I recently hit 60 and added Free Recoil to my macros and the resulting increase in ES firing did me in. I do watch my energy enough to know I wasn't out, but didn't think about ES being such a high energy cost to cause SS to fire instead.

Thanks Shalar for taking the time to type that all out. It helped a ton, even if I feel kinda stupid now. Though I'll take feeling a bit stupid for asking over sucking in a group any day.
    I only know cuz I did the same thing lol. Look around here to find optimal uses of bull's eye, free recoil etc. Lot's of talk going on about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

In raid it really isn't a problem. If you have living energy then by the time strafe comes off CD you will usually go back to full energy.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

+ Reply to Thread