+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Bard PvP specs

Default Bard PvP specs

Hey all,

IMHO not enough bard talk around here, as such I was curious what specs others were running in PvP for Bard. I see some people running variations of the 40/36 Tac/Bard or 61/X what choices do people run for the other 15 points?

I have been running a 44Bard/24NB/MM spec what is alright of course healing is meh but you are at staying alive and handing out decent dmg and if you use your CDs and keep HR up as much as possible you can get some kills or snipe some at least.

Anyway just looking for discussion and thoughts on what others are running in PvP.

Thanks.

61 Bards are ignored here and once again, since recent nerf, pretty much ignored in WF.

We are a wretched class and fairly ineffectual now. The wise ones have spoken.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Verdegris View Post
    61 Bards are ignored here and once again, since recent nerf, pretty much ignored in WF.

8/10 because i think you're actually serious. bard's are doing great in WF's since the valor change
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

I hope your not playing bard to dps or heal because yes, your getting ignored. Bards are for buffing the raid and increasing everyone elses dps/heals.

A game changing role but don't expect to dps like a mm or heal like a cleric on top of your buffs. Bards are fine.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

I'd say it depends on the setting. The smaller the setting the better 61 bard does vs 40-36. So in small warfronts or if there are times where you're solo I'd run 61 bard. In conquest or big zerg matches I'd run 40-36 (like Scion). Can't comment on specific hybrids, with limited roles I've only run one of those two.

Bards are good in pvp. Best way to negate any purging is bard buffs. It makes it impossible to strip any buffs at all off the other team. That alone is enough to make bards good in pvp.
    Last edited by Mayi; 02-18-2013 at 05:40 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

I think people underestimate bards in general. Certainly they buff and debuff, but they also do pop out a noticeable amount of sustained heals. No particular reason that a bard shouldn't be up there while buffing/debuffing. And from time to time toss in that little bit of VoA burst, though that's pretty minor.

I did take some random SS from Scion, Karthan, and BG yesterday. Granted, you shouldn't just pad for the scoreboard - but so long as you aren't neglecting your other functions, go for it. But if there is a marked target that isn't fully debuffed, you may be doing something wrong there.

Of course, we're living in a zany post-HF #9 world now, which does have some impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    I hope your not playing bard to dps or heal because yes, your getting ignored.
    Being ignored would be nice. Please forward this memo and tell people to stop pulling and focusing me.
    Last edited by bitnine; 02-18-2013 at 07:10 AM.

I get pulled in and burnt down as bard all the time, must be a bad team to ignore the bard putting out worth while AoE heals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Being ignored would be nice. Please forward this memo and tell people to stop pulling and focusing me.
    Enjoy it while it lasts, bard is near the middle of the list of priorities in warfronts. The bard isn't killing anyone and isn't keeping anybody up either, heals go down first, then their melee, then the bard.

It's a different story in conquest though but in a warfront, blowing up healers as mm or sin and locking them down so that they can't heal is a better way to contribute in warfronts unless we have completely derp healers on our side.

take note: unless it's scion, bard heals isn't keeping anyone up.. aoe dmg in warfronts? Spread out, st burst dps is king, always.
    Last edited by Delmlord; 02-18-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Enjoy it while it lasts, bard is near the middle of the list of priorities in warfronts. The bard isn't killing anyone and isn't keeping anybody up either, heals go down first, then their melee, then the bard.

It's a different story in conquest though but in a warfront, blowing up healers as mm or sin and locking them down so that they can't heal is a better way to contribute in warfronts unless we have completely derp healers on our side.

take note: unless it's scion, bard heals isn't keeping anyone up.. aoe dmg in warfronts? Spread out, st burst dps is king, always.
    I had a WF last week, we had 5 mages, and 3 clerics, they were all dps specc, I yelled at them to go heals, they said why don't I go bard, because rogues heal the best lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Aw... now I feel lied to.

Seriously, though, there's also BG and LR, and oftentimes choke points in KR and sometimes the middle of WS. Dex tends to be the real odd man out as far as maps go.
    Last edited by bitnine; 02-18-2013 at 02:02 PM.

The only way that much healing could be done:
    1. Pocket healer - bard used twice as much healing as he put out
    2. Bard never died.
    3. The list was not really sorted by healing column

Sorry, as a bard I'm not impressed by the numbers. Not that my own are better, but that Bards are ineffectual in wf.

Just as a test, how well do you think you would do with 5 bards against 5 tanks? 5 clerics? 5 assassin rogues? 5 mm rogues? 5 ranger rogues...you get the idea.

Against any rogue class we would be at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Aw... now I feel lied to.

Seriously, though, there's also BG and LR, and oftentimes choke points in KR and sometimes the middle of WS. Dex tends to be the real odd man out as far as maps go.
    Yeah but what I mean is bard healing isn't saving anyone unless you have 5 stacks on hermonic energy which is 5 full combo point finishers.

Aoe dmg is not an issue and completely ineffective if the other team spreads out and the healers stay far in the back, out of range of dps keeping their front line up like a smart healer should.

.. and about that screenie, you must of been up against some pro tacticians , their dps isn't enough to keep up with heals if someone gets low and just moves to the back of the line to heal up.

Aoe dps isn't fooling anyone, ST burst, focus fire, and sudden target changes is what fools healers because they can't predict where that much dmg is coming from.

The only way that much healing could be done:
    1. Pocket healer - bard used twice as much healing as he put out
    2. Bard never died.
    3. The list was not really sorted by healing column

Sorry, as a bard I'm not impressed by the numbers. Not that my own are better, but that Bards are ineffectual in wf.

Just as a test, how well do you think you would do with 5 bards against 5 tanks? 5 clerics? 5 assassin rogues? 5 mm rogues? 5 ranger rogues...you get the idea.

Against any rogue class we would be at the bottom.
    What is this - I don't even... Do you even really bard? "The list was not really sorted by the healing column"? Side note, why the devil would you expect the bard to die? Now that's just getting silly.

In case it wasn't clear, ain't nobody talking about replacing 5 of anything with bards - that's one hell of a false dichotomy. You should have somewhere around 1 bard in your raid. Who debuffs and buffs fully. And tosses out some DPS. But while he's doing that, produces a substantive amount of HPS. Bard + nonbard healer is the way to go. You're not going to see me to endorsing exclusive or solo bardheals.

And... those were seriously the warfronts I did yesterday. Your hilarious nonchalant "unimpressed" quip combined with the dead certainty that the numbers must be faked aside, if I wanted to just spout a big number I'd have shown something like a only marginally relevant bridge spam scoreboard. Or maybe a random snippet from a raid parse.

Anything else aside, if you're literally trying to produce some heals and not putting out those kind of numbers, you are doing something moderately wrong.
    Last edited by bitnine; 02-18-2013 at 05:18 PM.

I have never see a bard pull those kind of numbers.......N E V E R.

If you do, you are a wonder woman. Kudos to you. Sincerely.

Ascendant

I have never see a bard pull those kind of numbers.......N E V E R.

If you do, you are a wonder woman. Kudos to you. Sincerely.
    Eh? The Zaviel parse is just MO cadence in a raid with bad healers. Nothing shocking really.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast