+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Geopenguin
  • 2 Post By TheGrinnz

Thread: Problems for Groups from "Decoy"

Default Problems for Groups from "Decoy"

Our new MM loves to use his decoy. However, whenever it dies it wails and everyone is looking around to see what died. Including our healer (looking to brez someone). Please remove the death cry.
    Beware the Penguin...

*Hears death cry*

What baddie didn't get into the ring and actually died on Progenitor?

Deeecooooy~! Hrmph, fooled again.

Please, yes, do this. It's almost as bad as Murdantix.

1. Hear death cry
    2. Look to see all raid frames are green
    http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/34734668.jpg
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 02-12-2013 at 11:36 AM.

I always wondered if Decoys triggered specific boss abilities like the yellow fish tank on Typhiria in the 10 - Man.

[4/4 ToDQ[*]3/4 FT[*]2/5 EE]

You people play with sound still enabled?
    After 12 Years of MMO, i dont need anymore chink, clank, cry, moan and "atmospheric background music" (read: crappy synthesized pseudo fantasy noise)
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

yeah, among the death cries, we have seen decoys pull mobs, attack wrong targets, and be the source of many woes.. along side of not doing a whole lot of good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ymirson View Post
    After 12 Years of MMO, i dont need anymore chink, clank, cry, moan and "atmospheric background music" (read: crappy synthesized pseudo fantasy noise)
    There are a lot of sounds that are quite useful in raid encounters. For example player death...

As a real example, on Rune King Molinar the Revenant makes a sound when it first spawns so I would always listen for that to know when to switch targets, it was more efficient than watching one of the several timers on the screen.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 02-12-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    There are a lot of sounds that are quite useful in raid encounters. For example player death...

As a real example, on Rune King Molinar the Revenant makes a sound when it first spawns so I would always listen for that to know when to switch targets, it was more efficient than watching one of the several timers on the screen.
    ^^this.. the sounds in a raid fight are another dimension of senses, and makes up for a lack of actually feeling the gush of wind, or the hairs rising from a soon to strike bolt of lightning, just before something bad is about to blow you down.

Aside from the mechanical portions of the encounters, I also enjoy the ambient sounds and score within Rift, they lend to some good attitude adjustments in appropriate situations, and aren't soo repetitive as to cause headaches as have been with almost all other mmorpg's, though, it could use some work in making an iconic "theme" or "leit motif" that would be more recognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post
    Our new MM loves to use his decoy. However, whenever it dies it wails and everyone is looking around to see what died. Including our healer (looking to brez someone). Please remove the death cry.
    Hmmm, so Decoy works TOO well, eh? Enough to fool the raid?

(I mean, you know, aside from being shorter, looking nothing like the toon, and being named "Decoy"....)
    Mal shot first.

Quote Originally Posted by Vico View Post
    (I mean, you know, aside from being shorter, looking nothing like the toon, and being named "Decoy"....)
    It has a bow! Close enough!

Rift Disciple

I've had the decoy attack things I wasn't even agroed on before(never in a raid, thankfully) which is a serious problem. And we can't not use him because he's worth quite a bit of DPS(usually around 400 dps for me).

You should not be popping your Decoy as soon as the tank pulls anyway. You should wait for maximum stacks of STM on the target at the very least, but ideally wait until its properly debuffed and WG is applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    You should not be popping your Decoy as soon as the tank pulls anyway. You should wait for maximum stacks of STM on the target at the very least, but ideally wait until its properly debuffed and WG is applied.
    I always figured it was best to try to time it such that your Decoy gets popped right before FP goes out, myself. I believe since that's not an aura-type buff, Decoy won't get the benny if brought out right after.

Quote Originally Posted by Ymirson View Post
    You play without sound enabled? Sound has always been a significant part of the immersion for me. I still log into Everquest once and a while to hear the nostalgic string composition when entering Kelethin... but, I digress.
    Stygian
    5/5 Conq. | 5/5 Conq. | 4/4 Conq. | 4/4 Conq. | 11/11 Conq. | 4/4 Conq.
    8/8 | 4/4 | R-50

+ Reply to Thread