+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is my 61 Ranger Build Bugged?

Soulwalker

Default Is my 61 Ranger Build Bugged?

So I've read countless threads here and I've noticed that the "top dps" non bugged ranged spec was supposed to be 40mm/36 ranger and now the 61mm is equal or slightly higher than the hybrid spec.

The thing is, is that i've been parsing higher with 61ranger/10nb/5sin the entire time this is going on.

I'm parsing 9200 on raid dummy with ranger and 8100-8300ish with mm.
    My MM stats are - AP 2718 - Phys Crit 1479 - CP 41
    My RNG stats are - AP 3305 - Phys Crit 1479 - CP 41

I don't have on whetstones right now.

Am I doing something wrong or what?

yep yur doing sth wrong..how do you play it?

you should hit 10k after 2 mins even only spamming builder and finisher..
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

I have to admit, 61MM is not hitting as much as I feel it should. I myself am probably doing something wrong. I am using 61MM/10Sin/5NB. The macros I use are as follows:

Builder
    cast Decoy
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Swift Shot
    cast Free Recoil

Finisher
    cast Free Recoil
    cast Rapid Fire shot
    cast Hasted Shot

I use Bull's Eye and Deadeye Shot when off CD. Also I use Straffe when off CD. I don't seem to be having trouble with energy, so I'm not sure if it's my macros or rotation are the problem.

Your DPS will go up slightly if you manage Free Recoil manually rather than macroing it in. Personally, I only use a single macro, and that's Rapid Fire Shot + Hasted. (And even then, I have a separate key with just Hasted Shot that I use if the target is about to die. This sees a lot of use on Kain for killing Bloodthieves that are at low health).

That requires you really micro-manage everything, though, and some people have trouble doing that while also paying attention to fight mechanics.
    Last edited by Muspel; 02-10-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I have to admit, 61MM is not hitting as much as I feel it should. I myself am probably doing something wrong. I am using 61MM/10Sin/5NB. The macros I use are as follows:

Builder
    cast Decoy
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Swift Shot
    cast Free Recoil

Finisher
    cast Free Recoil
    cast Rapid Fire shot
    cast Hasted Shot

I use Bull's Eye and Deadeye Shot when off CD. Also I use Straffe when off CD. I don't seem to be having trouble with energy, so I'm not sure if it's my macros or rotation are the problem.
    You really need to not have ES and SS in the same macro. If they're in the same macro you will get a SS instead of ES after a finisher sometimes, which is not good for the fin-ES-fin sequence nor for when you want to do fin-ES-strafe.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

Builder
    cast Decoy
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Swift Shot
    cast Free Recoil

Finisher
    cast Free Recoil
    cast Rapid Fire shot
    cast Hasted Shot

maybe you get it yourself ^^
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    maybe you get it yourself ^^
    All of those are things he should be doing. (Technically, you should save Strafe for when you're running out of energy, but it comes off cooldown around the time that's happening, so...)

Rift Chaser

He's using Deadeye Shot when it comes of CD. But it has no CD. So either a mistake there or he's always using Deadeye Shot. Which would explain the dps issue.
    Last edited by Temo; 02-10-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Temo View Post
    He's using Deadeye Shot when it comes of CD. But it has no CD. So either a mistake there or he's always using Deadeye Shot. Which would explain the dps issue.
    He's using Deadeye Shot when Bull's Eye comes off CD.

Anyways, the common denominator for peoples parsing 7.5-8.5k with 61MM: Swift Shot is their top damaging ability... and I don't know how they manages to pull that off.

I assumed he was using Deadeye when Bull's Eye comes off CD.

Edit: Too slow ;)
    Last edited by Rika; 02-11-2013 at 01:10 AM.

JIS
    Soulwalker

Default Why NB and not RS

can someone please explain to me the reason for using NB and not RS .
    with RS u get HP buff and the shift and both of them provide the 10% weapon and AP increase.

thanks.
    Ideas are bulletproof!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by JIS View Post
    can someone please explain to me the reason for using NB and not RS .
    with RS u get HP buff and the shift and both of them provide the 10% weapon and AP increase.

thanks.
    the RS gift only provides 0,5% dmg per point spend.

btw could someone explain why free recoil in spamm macro is bad?
    does it result in macro lag or so?

regards

Telaran

Free recoil in builder macro is not bad.

You will have it ready and already recovering is CD even if your finisher come 3 gcd later, so you will increase the number of Empowered shot fired by doing this, which is a dps gain.

Plus the fact that, as free recoil is at the end of your builder macro, you fire it during a GCD, so most of the time, you wont lose dps because the skill as an animation that slow you if it's only in your finisher macro.

Having free recoil in the builder macro is the way to min/max your dps, managing him alone then it has to be used as many time as possible is a dps lose.
    Exterm@Brisesol <Mea Culpa>

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    yep yur doing sth wrong..how do you play it?

you should hit 10k after 2 mins even only spamming builder and finisher..
    Because you know what his gear is?

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Your DPS will go down slightly if you manage Free Recoil manually rather than macroing it in. Personally, I only use a single macro, and that's Rapid Fire Shot + Hasted. (And even then, I have a separate key with just Hasted Shot that I use if the target is about to die. This sees a lot of use on Kain for killing Bloodthieves that are at low health).

That requires you really micro-manage everything, though, and some people have trouble doing that while also paying attention to fight mechanics.
    Fixed for you. Unless you can explain why not using FR on cooldown is somehow better.

Quote Originally Posted by Exterm View Post
    Free recoil in builder macro is not bad.

You will have it ready and already recovering is CD even if your finisher come 3 gcd later, so you will increase the number of Empowered shot fired by doing this, which is a dps gain.

Plus the fact that, as free recoil is at the end of your builder macro, you fire it during a GCD, so most of the time, you wont lose dps because the skill as an animation that slow you if it's only in your finisher macro.

Having free recoil in the builder macro is the way to min/max your dps, managing him alone then it has to be used as many time as possible is a dps lose.
    This guy nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    You really need to not have ES and SS in the same macro. If they're in the same macro you will get a SS instead of ES after a finisher sometimes, which is not good for the fin-ES-fin sequence nor for when you want to do fin-ES-strafe.
    As long as you don't use DES with FR, there is no issue with Fin-ES-Fin. There's no reason to use it with FR, so don't.

Same thing goes for Fin-ES-Strafe. As long as you're not using FR with DES, it won't affect it. However, you should never do Fin-ES-Strafe, that I can think of. Fin-Strafe-ES puts your Strafe on cooldown 1 GCD earlier, so it will come back 1 GCD earlier, so its better.

As long as you're using the correct rotation, you lose absolutely nothing by macroing FR or ES. Your elitism seems to have blinded you.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 02-11-2013 at 07:57 AM.

The animation for Free Recoil can be interrupted by any skilll. It's impossible for it to slow you down in any way, because it's just an animation. This isn't a fighting game-- effects aren't tied to what your character appears to be doing.

Managing it on a separate key is actually a (minor) DPS gain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast