+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is blinkblade still a still a thing?

Default Is blinkblade still a still a thing?

I've decided to come back and play SL. My question would be is Blinkblade still a viable spec and if not is there anything like it and/or a list of top melee dps specs. Thanks yo.

If by "viable", you mean "passable", then yes. But it's not competitive with other specs.

61BD/10sin/5nb is pretty much the go-to melee spec at the moment. It's got extremely high ST (the highest out of any of our specs AFAIK), and very solid AoE. The downside is that it's very reliant on the extra crit from raid buffs thanks to Duelist Pose, and it handles disconnects poorly.
    Last edited by Muspel; 01-31-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Do you know of a guide for it anywhere?

This guide gives you the proper rotations, although you'll want to use the 10sin/5nb for your subsouls instead of what's in there.

If you played 51BD prior to Storm Legion, 61BD will feel very familiar.

Looks like fun. Thanks Muspel.

Sry to interrupt here also....

a blinking melee spec existed in in 2.0-2.2 (i played it and favourised it on nearly every encounter)

It's obvious, maybe too obvious but 28/48 rs/nb ist the way to go here

the extra 20% dmg and 15% crit on a blink, and the 10% dmg buff when you keep finishing with 5cp's is superior and maybe the go-to-go spec for melees in weight of dps and everything else...

you lose 14% for speccing into RS but you get 10% ap, 30% dmg and 15% crit + high migitation for a dps spec...
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Plane Touched

Just curious what kind of dps you guys are getting out of the melee specs currently. I have been trying to figure out one that works for me but I just can't get the big dps with them.

currently I have been testing and gotten the following dps self buffed:

61 BD : 10.8k
    NB (both 61 and hybrid) : 10.5k (using FS/FB trick)
    Rng/MM : 12k
    Saboranger : 16-17k dps

Have been using the Saboranger whenever possible in raids because of the super high dps. maybe I just need practice with the melee specs but they don't seem competitive for me atm.

This is with 211 weapons and 3400 ish ap (differs on spec), and 500 or so CP.
    Last edited by Ezariel; 02-01-2013 at 11:10 AM.

It's pretty useless to test BD while self-buffed, because without raid buffs, you'll lose Duelist Pose stacks constantly. Test it in the Dummy Foundry on the PTS instead.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    It's pretty useless to test BD while self-buffed, because without raid buffs, you'll lose Duelist Pose stacks constantly. Test it in the Dummy Foundry on the PTS instead.
    Yesterday when I was parsing BD in the dummy foundry with the raid buffs and the crit heavy gear I still went randomly 20 seconds without a single ability crit and lost duelist pose and in all parses it was always very close to dropping and refreshing with 1-2 seconds left on it often. BD is just not a good spec because of too much rng, its non-existent ranged abilities to handle disconnects and the extremely inflexible rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post

you lose 14% for speccing into RS but you get 10% ap, 30% dmg and 15% crit + high migitation for a dps spec...
    So am I to assume that those 28 points you put in RS wouldn't give you any other buffs (crit, dmg or ap) putting them into another tree....... It's not 14% vs 10% ap, 30% dmg and 15% crit. it would be 14% + however those 28 points could be spent in other DPS trees vs 10% ap, 30% dmg and 15% crit.

NB/RS is a pvp spec, even taking advantage of the fiery spike bug there are still much better ways to do it than going 28 into RS.

PS, the last real blink raid dps spec died before SL.
    Last edited by spowers454; 02-01-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Yesterday when I was parsing BD in the dummy foundry with the raid buffs and the crit heavy gear I still went randomly 20 seconds without a single ability crit and lost duelist pose and in all parses it was always very close to dropping and refreshing with 1-2 seconds left on it often. BD is just not a good spec because of too much rng, its non-existent ranged abilities to handle disconnects and the extremely inflexible rotation.
    Try speccing into Ruthlessness instead of Murderous Intent (it's slightly less DPS on average, but it's more reliable in the long run), and use Hundred Blades if you're worried you'll lose your stacks.
    Last edited by Muspel; 02-01-2013 at 12:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread