+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: ERRRRRMAGHERRRRD, wow, where are the rogue tank drops

Default ERRRRRMAGHERRRRD, wow, where are the rogue tank drops

seriously, my guild has been in SL content for like 2 months now. until last weekend when we got a SMORGASBORD of 1) rogue tank gun from kain and 2) rogue tank boots from ( i dont remember where ) there has been no rogue tank loot. period. at all.

meanwhile, on multiple 10 and 20 man attempts, there has been multiple cleric tank drops.. despite we didn't have a cleric tank in the raid...................

HK anyone

So

Yeah

RNG is RNG but

Fix your drops please.
    Last edited by Hodor; 01-21-2013 at 10:05 PM. Reason: edit: no u

You haven't farmed enough
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

dear sir
    i refer you to my edit reason
    thank you

sounds like u need a cleric tank. Seriously though, our rogue tank has gotten a ton of loot in EE and FT. Welcome to ****ty RNG. Reminds me of HK days. We farmed aky for a few months and never got the warrior sword.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

dannng wtb the chosen drops. is goaty still lighting up your dee pee ess logs

We have SO much rogue tank loot it isn't even funny. Worst bit is our rogue tank is currently on outstation so NONE of this stuff is going to him, and the one who steadfastly refuses to rogue tank (read: me) is getting it.

Do you know how old my rogue tank loot is? I still have stuff from GSB in my bank for my tank set that's how long I haven't tanked... RNG is RNG

In other news, rogue DPS loot is nonexistent for us except crit-heavy gear
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

ranĚdom   [ran-duhm]
    adjective
    of or characterizing a process of selection in which each item of a set has an equal probability of being chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    ranĚdom   [ran-duhm]
    adjective
    of or characterizing a process of selection in which each item of a set has an equal probability of being chosen.
    I don't know the specifics on how Rift works but most systems I've seen use different drop chances and other variables to calculate drops and that doesn't fit that definition of random.

Quote Originally Posted by Gynxz View Post
    I don't know the specifics on how Rift works but most systems I've seen use different drop chances and other variables to calculate drops and that doesn't fit that definition of random.
    That's the exact definition of random.

Random doesn't mean "every single outcome has an equal chance to occur", it just means that there's no way to predict which outcome you'll get.
    Last edited by Muspel; 01-23-2013 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    That's the exact definition of random.

Random doesn't mean "every single outcome has an equal chance to occur", it just means that there's no way to predict which outcome you'll get.

I think the title of this thread is the perfect reply to your post.

#1 Did you read what I was replying to?
    #2 What definition are you actually using?

That would "random weighted"

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    ranĚdom   [ran-duhm]
    adjective
    Drops aren't statistically random. They are random.

ranĚdom   [ran-duhm]
    adjective
    1. proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers.

Interestingly, the definition that precedes the very one you copy-pasta'd off dictionary.reference.com.

As Grinnz points out, "weighted random" is probably the best fit for knee-capping nitpickers.

But if we want to split hairs, we should be using "weighted pseudorandom", because the number generation algorithms used to make the selection are pseudorandom and not truly random.

BUT LET'S ALL BE NERDS ABOUT DROP MATH.
    Last edited by Kyera; 01-23-2013 at 10:44 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Champion

I am sure if you actually listed out all the loot drops you have seen for every raid/dungeon your loot distribution wouldn't be terrible. You remember seeing Cleric tank drops because it was frustrating, but you don't remember every time they didn't drop.

Quote Originally Posted by dalthium View Post
    I am sure if you actually listed out all the loot drops you have seen for every raid/dungeon your loot distribution wouldn't be terrible. You remember seeing Cleric tank drops because it was frustrating, but you don't remember every time they didn't drop.
    An accurate representation of Confirmation Bias.

Well at least for experts rogue tanking stuff drops less because there are less of it. There's no purple tanking chest for example, pretty sure there's 1 of everything else.

Don't get me wrong though, the less the better. We're having terrible luck with rogue dps drops ourselves, most of our rogues only have 1-2 drops each so far from SL raiding. The less tanking junk the better.
    Last edited by Mayi; 01-23-2013 at 04:36 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast